Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is the Anti-Christ here now?

Everyday is an end time and a beginning time. So... everyone is right. It does seem like we are on the brink of some incredible period. I chose to view it as a time for spritual renewal and a rising of spiritual thoughts. There is always a low point before a rise. Namaste.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Damn! The "end times" here again? I was told twenty five years ago that THOSE were the end times. My Mom once told me a co-worker of her's in the '50's said THOSE were the end times! And I understand that back in the 1880's, a group of folk travelled out west somewhere to sit and wait for the end to come, because THOSE were the end times! So far, it seems the "end times" will NEVER end! Whitefang *********************************************** 2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. [/b] Do you understand the things that you mock Whitefang? Yes I agree that it could be tommorow or even 100 years from now, but how far must man decend before our "longsuffering" God says "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" Must we splice our genes to those of birds so that MANKIND may have wings? Must we sell human body parts in the marketplace? Will it be when the first pig speaks? Will we bring it upon ourselves?, or will God ALLOW us to bring destruction upon ourselves? God is longsuffering that all MAY come to a knowledge of Him. He is patiently waiting for you too. He won't force you though. It is your choice. SINCE YOU MENTIONED IT............ Dan http://musicinit.com/theway.html

[quote]Originally posted by Joachim P. Dyndale: [b]Well, I think most Christians (myself included) believe we are living in the "end-times". But that doesn't mean we think the world's only got 10 years left.[/b][/quote]Here's a little historical fact: The original christians believed that the end time and Christ's return were to happen in their lifetime. Also there has historically always been someone predicting the end time, so technically christians have always believed that the end was near. On a related note I have been doing some research on this anti-christ thing. There seems to be two main theories. One has it that he lives in Iraq, and one that he lives in Washington, but spends alot of time in Texas. I myself am not sure, but hey, I also believe in astrology. :D

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by BNC: [b]It is said that Moses crossed the Red Sea trying to escape the Egyptians. When scientists looked at it, they found that the word for 'red' and the word for 'reed' were very similar, and that the original text most likely said Sea of Reeds, which could be any shallow area. [/b][/quote]BNC, I was told that story too, in a bible class I took in college. It don't know what made this particular inquiry scientific necessarily. It [i]is[/i] deconstructionist. It's part of a hunger to explain why each biblical miracle wasn't. Though my professor resorted to [i]"in this scientific age, we realize..."[/i] as often as the next guy. And he attempted to touch on many other areas with a revisionist fervor as well. I'm no middle-eastern scholar but biblical questions interest me. The Aramaic root word for the red in the red sea [i]is[/i] reeds and rushes. The Sea's name is better translated the Sea of Reeds. However that predates the translation to English. It was called the Red Sea in Greek by historian Heredotus as early as the 5th century BC. Which suggests common usage. And in common usage, wherever it is used as a phrase it refers specifically to a body of water we call the Red Sea. Depending on where you are in it, it has sufficient depth to float oil tankers and aircraft carriers. It could have been different at that time, or it may simply be that at the time it was named, the banks were covered with reeds. The sea that Moses crossed could well have been an inlet of the Red Sea we know today or it could have been the Red Sea itself. However let's agree with the deconstructionists and say that despite common usage, the "reed sea" in this case was a different body of water than what we call the Red Sea today. Let's also grant the deconstructionists that this body of water was shallow enough that the Israelite men and women and children could safely cross. Shouldn't we then be celebrating the corollary miracle performed in drowning an Egyptian army (or at least causing enough casualties to deter them) in shallow water that civilians were able to traverse safely? :D Jerry

Jotown: Right, the first Christians belived Jesus would return during their lifetime. Actually they were expecting him to return after a few days. And since then there has always been Christians who thought that they knew when Christ was going to return. But: There are more Christians who believe, like me, that the end-times is the period between the first and second coming of Christ. And most of those Christians, also myself included, believe that we are at least in the last half of those end-times. I have experienced hearing someone speaking in tongues who said that "the autumn is near", that "the Lord is near, and that he will come to gather his followers". So I believe that we don't have too long left. Might still be 100's of years though, but not 1000's, I think. But as always, it's really just guess-work. A message in tongues has some weight though, 'cause it's a message directly from God.... Tusker: Exactly! If the sea Moses crossed was actually just a shallow body of water the entire story makes no sense at all.

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Oh, and as far as the Bush/Saddam thing goes, I'm willing to accept both theories. Just as The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is ONE, Bush and Saddam are ONE :idea: . (Though I find that very hard to believe)

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

My Blog...

The ant-Christ is marked by the number 666. Consider Ronald Wilson Reagan. Each of his names has six letters. Bush's revival of Reagan's policies and beligerant atitude strengthen's the argument that Ronald Wilson Reagan is indeed the antiChist. That Reagan is almost deified by right wing political talk hosts like Rush Limbaugh and perverted moralists like William Bennet is more evidence.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

maintain their neutrality."

[Dante Alighieri] (1265-1321)

"The latest one, him supporting changes to OT laws, just makes me crazy." Bush wants to eliminate the rules that force businesses to pay time-and-a-half (and maybe holiday pay ??) for making you give up your time, your family, your health, and your sanity, to work overtime to help the rich guys buy their yachts and "vacation" mansions :mad: . (Just remember.....Bush isn't in favor of the rich/corporations. That's just "Librull Demacratt Propergandah" ;) .)
Anyone who says that "Crime doesn't pay", obviously isn't doing it right.

Joachim- I've heard that one of Hitler's close relatives (parent, grandparent) was Jewish, and that he despised it so much that he turned his anger towards Jews in general. Image how different things would have been if he had actually made it into art school. I guess his thoughts went like "fi I can be an artist, I'll just take over the world"; strange guy. But he is pretty darn interesting, see as how he did what he did, definatly not the avereage Joe. Tusker- The story I heard was that the "reed sea" could be any shallow body of water, certainly including small inlets from the modern Red Sea. The rest of what I heard was linking that event to a massive volcanic eruption in the Atlantic. They said it was possible for the timing to be right so that the incoming title wave would have "sucked" the water out of the area when Moses crossed, but then came crashing in on the Egyptians. The piece I saw was relating Biblical events to natural events in a way to study the Bible as a historical account more than a religious text. They weren't trying to prove the stuff never happened, they were trying to explain it by citing natural causes (incleding the 10 plagues being caused by a volcanic eruption). It also involved an explanation of the great flood, they actually found other historical data (physical evidence, and accounts from other cultures) that place the great flood as the actual flooding of the Black Sea. Pretty interesting stuff. alcohol- Reagan ended the Cold War and unified Germany, and that makes him the anti-christ? :confused: :rolleyes:

[quote]Reagan ended the Cold War and unified Germany [/quote]He certainly did not do that, but I guess he could still be that anti-christ.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

BNC: Ah, I remember now... I heard that Hitler's mother was a jew. Wouldn't that make him a jew too? And yes, I've also heard scientists talk about how there were natural causes for the 10 plagues and several of the other major miracles of the Old Testament. They strengthen my beliefs in a way, because I believe that God uses his own creation, and whenever possible the physical laws that he himself made, to make these miracles happen. Just seems logical to me that he'd abide by his own rules whenever possible. If it's true that it was a tidle wave that enabled Moses to walk across the Red Sea, then it most certainly was a miracle. The probability of that happening just when Moses was praying for God to let them pass through the sea (don't remember exactly how the story goes, but the details don't matter that much here), is mathematically speaking, not very high :) . It's as close to completely improbable as it gets. Makes it pretty interesting, don't you think?

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

My Blog...

[quote]Originally posted by whitefang: [b]many fundamentalists try to explain the bible is the word of God, but history proves the book was written by people. that being the case, it's wise to consider much has been lost in the translation. Whitefang[/b][/quote]I have to strongly disagree with you here. Yes, it is true that it was written with human hands. But the [b]Lord[/b] and the [b]Holy Spirit[/b] told them what to write. They didn't [i]make it up.[/i] It is the Word of God and the light to my life. JDL, peace

Also, I'm sorry, but we'll never figure when the end times are. You wont know until it [i]acutally[/i] starts to happen. You think that the God of Almighty would give us notice and make it easy, or even possible for us to figure it out, I don't think so............ Just try be saved before the end time comes, even if it isn't in your lifetime. If I died right now, I'd be happy.

Joachim- You're right, it was his mother. According to Jewish law, you are the religion of your mother (since fatherhood is harder to prove in some cases). So Hitler was Jewish, and none too happy about it. I know how unlikely the timing of Moses and a title wave would be :rolleyes: . But like you said, it does give interesting views on events from the Bible, especially when they find physical evidence of it (Noah's flood: they found that the records of a huge flood, region, time etc matched with accounts from the Bible). I'd rather not enter into a discussion of whether the events in the Bible were altered by huimans etc, whether it is from God etc, but if you think that the Bible is made from Humans, than it does provide some interesting scientific evidence as to what happened and why/how it was recorded.

Humanity will destroy the planet and themself probably in 2038. The planet will keep on rotating without most species. Some 100.000 to 200.000 years later, intelligent insects will rule the planet and do inventions like humanity did. They will find fossil remains of humans and human things. They will think they know it all and invent nuclear power and things will start all over again. And the beautiful planet? It will keep on rotating for billions of years, afflicted and harassed by all kind of "intelligent" species. So don't be afraid, the planet will survive :p
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

[quote]Originally posted by BNC: [b]Reagan ended the Cold War and unified Germany, and that makes him the anti-christ? :confused: :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]He didn't end the Cold War, Russia ran out of money. Germany unified itself.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by SteveRB: [b] [quote]Originally posted by sign: [b]Humanity will destroy the planet and themself probably in 2038.[/b][/quote]Could you be a little more specific on the day and date in 2038. I'm planning my schedule for that year and I don't want any conflicts. :D [/b][/quote]April 17, 10.40 am, I'm serious!
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Archived