Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Geez, I am SO conflicted about Culpepper joining Oakland.

I desperately want to get rid of Collins, and at the same time, I wonder if Daunte is past his years of excellence, and wonder how well he's actually rehabbed from his injuries.

And yet, I can't think of any other possibly available QB I'd rather have at the moment.

Hmmm.

- Jeff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And... it's going to take some fancy financial footwork to bring Daunte in under the cap, giving him enough to make him happy, and yet keeping a semblance of a team to provide him with the support structure he needs. Remember, the Raiders were the team that was the highest over-the-cap in the league ($26M before the slashing and burning started).

- Jeff

Well... according to all the gossipy sports pages, the Raiders have lost interest in Daunte. Either they're concerned about his knees (he can't even practice until August) or about his attitude, or something. Basically, the Vikings reached out to them, and the Raiders never even feigned interest, much less made an offer.

So... what the hell does THAT mean? I can't possibly imagine they're planning on going with Tui, and it's not like Al Davis to want to start a green guy like Andrew Walter.

Any guesses?

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

Edge heads to Arizona!

Yikes... I wonder how the Colts feel now about letting him go on the market?

- Jeff

Did you see the press conference?

Denny Green looked like he won the lottery. I think there were tears in his eyes.

Sounded like the Edge just wanted a team that wanted him and respected his contribution.

This move will make the Cardinals interesting. Denny should start making headway installing his system. With a big time back like Edge they could become a contender.

Now on the other side. The Colts have to have some emotional effects from last season. I don't think this loss is going to help that matter. I smell trouble in horseshoe town...

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Any guesses?

- Jeff

Vikings are asking for too much. They know a few teams are interested, so they're asking for a high draft pick or multiple picks. Oakland is just blowing smoke; they made an offer and now kicking back waiting for the Vikings to come back and say "OK, we'll take it". There are risks with Daunte and everybody knows it. The Vikings are hoping for a bidding war, but it won't happen.

My guess still stands, Raiders. ;)

the Raiders have lost interest in Daunte.

So... what the hell does THAT mean?

In guessing(from press reports) that the Saints want Brees, and want to trade down out of the #2 pick..

Guess who could move up and take there draft place at #2??

Raiders.

Ya think? Could happen! Either way, all is not lost just because there's no Daunte.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by antimatter:

Brees to the Saints

Daunte to Miami

So, based on that, I'm hearing the Raiders are making a huge push for Vince Young. Jeeeeeeeezussssssss. That could go in any one of several directions, most of them bad. And what happens with Matt Leinart now? Do the Saints draft him at #2 despite having Brees?

Okay, I'll try and be an optimist. Uh... glass half full, glass half full, repeat, fade.

- Jeff

David Givens got picked up by Tennessee...and I guess Jon Kitna is headed to Daytwah...I also hear a rumor that Miami is trying to get Adam Vinatieri...

So, where do you guys think TO will land?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

The only possible place I see is Dallas.
Lemme get this straight...Keyshawn Johnson and Terrell Owens on the same team? :eek:

There's not a stadium big enough to contain both egos. :rolleyes:

dB

Lemme get this straight...Keyshawn Johnson and Terrell Owens on the same team? :eek:

There's not a stadium big enough to contain both egos. :rolleyes:

dB

Not to steal forum members away from KC, but, believe it or not, TO has his OWN website with his OWN forum on it (ego is too small of a word for something that big).

Are the TO/Broncos talks dead?

The competition will be stiff I'm sure :P

Originally posted by antimatter:

Originally posted by meccajay:

his report from the Miami Herald has Culpep going to Miami, and Drew Brees to N.O. :eek: Looks like the Saints want to trade down outta that #2 spot.

Looks like the Miami Herald was right...

So what do I get for backing the right..rumor? :P
TROLL . . . ish.

David Givens got picked up by Tennessee...I also hear a rumor that Miami is trying to get Adam Vinatieri...

Titans want Vinatieri too..

So far weve got Givens, center Kevin Mawae, and LB David Thorton from the Colts!!

db, Iggles also got a BEAST in Darren Howard yesterday!!!!

Let the goodtimes roll!!!

TROLL . . . ish.

The Bengals are trying to plug the holes in the defense. They signed Dexter Jackson (Tampa Bay) at SS and are talking to Sam Adams DT(they need a run stuffer bad)

and Lavar Arrington at LB

Dexter signed a big free agent deal with Cardinals 2 years ago after his Super Bowl MVP. The Cards released him after one year. Tampa Bay resigned him to a minimum contract after he was released and had a less than stellar year. I wouldn't jump up and down at adding Dexter to your fold.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

[qb]So, where do you guys think TO will land?

Well, it's official...Keyshawn Johnson is no longer a Cowboy. I'm not sure if that's good or bad news. Yeah, I guess that opens the door (actually, pulls the door off the hinges) for T.O. to walk in with his ego. At least Keyshawn is a team player, respectful and leaves his discretions on the football field. We also lost another good team guy- Dan Campbell. I wonder who's going to take the leadership role now. There's no way that Drew Bledsoe can handle T.O.

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

Billy boy had Drew and Terry Glenn in N.E. He is famous for calling Glenn a girl. I think Bill would take TO on as his personal challenge. I dont think he would leave it up to Drew.

If nothing else, Parcels and T.O. will give you a season full of great quotes and sound bites.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

If nothing else, Parcels and T.O. will give you a season full of great quotes and sound bites.

Speaking as someone who's third favorite team is whoever is playing against Dallas, I believe I'd enjoy watching that... :evil:;):D

dB

Dexter signed a big free agent deal with Cardinals 2 years ago after his Super Bowl MVP. The Cards released him after one year. Tampa Bay resigned him to a minimum contract after he was released and had a less than stellar year. I wouldn't jump up and down at adding Dexter to your fold.

Not overjoyed Steve ,but after Madieau Williams FS went down everyone knew our defense was in trouble. It was painful to watch Ifayni Ohalete (Ole!!!te) miss tackles and get burned deep . He has to to an improvement. Everyone is hoping they draft the next Troy Polamalu .

Archived