Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Otherwise, you could just pick favorites every week and probably do above average.

or you could pick all the favorites and have a perfect week like Jackpine did this week. :D
Yep, and I went completely against my instincts and let someone talk me into Oakland. :rolleyes:

Yeah, if I hadn't let WFAN's Mike Francessa talk me into changing my Philly pick on Sunday morning I'd be pitching the perfect game too.

But look at the bunching! High scoring week-- everyone in double figures.

Next week, however, is full of tough calls: NYG in Atlanta, Carolina in Baltimore, Philly in New Orleans, KC in Pittsburgh, Buffalo in Detroit.

Anyone who scores high next week could make serious ground against the field.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by meccajay:

Somewhere.....off in the distance......I hear.....people singing....

The superbowl shuffle.

We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew

Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.

We're so bad we know we're good.

Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.

You know we're just struttin' for fun

Struttin' our stuff for everyone.

We're not here to start not trouble.

We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Props to Marty for loosening the leash on Rivers last night. The Steelers did exactly what they wanted to do on defense. They stopped LT cold. Meanwhile, the rest of the SD offense CUT THEM TO RIBBONS.

There should be no doubt that SD is an elite team, after that second half performance. I can't wait to see the effect that Rivers' game last night has on LT's game in the weeks to come.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Posted by Meccajay:

Agreed, I'm willing to bet a brand new version may be in the works.

Great just when we thought it couldn't get any worse. :rolleyes: Their actions on the field speak for them, they are playing very well right now, that should be their voice.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Posted by Meccajay:

If they go for the hip-hop treatment, my crystal ball says Chicago natives Kanye West produces the beat and Common writes the rap. ;):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Posted by Meccajay:

Great just when we thought it couldn't get any worse.

There I have to disagree.. New song..yes! No attempt at silly fun whatsoever...No sale.

I say that because for me, there was no time or team I enjoyed more than the '85 Bears. I say that, and I'm not a Bears fan! But the combined personalities of the players, the coaches, the video and song, the superbowl. All magical memories.

This team, these current Bears.. We'll they couldn't hold a candle to the Fridge, Ditka, Sweetness, etc. But damn, in these current times of media super-scrutiny, player's who make millions and still feel insecure and need to act a fool in public. The drugs, the drunks, The Ray Carruth's, the (non)suicide attempts..

All of that crap means we really need some fun right now, something to take us away from drama, something to take back to this being a game.. something fun.... A stupid Bears song!

TROLL . . . ish.

Posted by MeccaJay:

But damn, in these current times of media super-scrutiny, player's who make millions and still feel insecure and need to act a fool in public. The drugs, the drunks, The Ray Carruth's, the (non)suicide attempts.. All of that crap means we really need some fun right now, something to take us away from drama, something to take back to this being a game.. something fun.... A stupid Bears song!

Point well made. :thu: Your right and admitedly I failed to see this point of view before. :o

- Rush

Now if only Chicago could come up with a Steve Smith solution for the playoffs, we'd be onto something *ba-dump-bump*

Hey is there anyone that thinks the Ravens can beat the Broncos with no running game tonight? Supposed to be cold rainy and snowy up there, me doubts if they can get the job done in mile high with there current state of offense.

TROLL . . . ish.

I am not ready to jump on theRaven's badnwagon.

Let's see who they beat so far this season :idea:

Week 1. A pathetic QB-less Tampa Team (Record 0-4)

Week 2. A pathetic total-team-less Oakland (Record 0-4)

Week 3. A pathetic Cleveland team. (Record 1-4)

Week 4. Granted a good San Diego team. But if the Chargers had not reverted to playing Marty-ball for the entire second half, the Raven's would not have won.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Now if only Chicago could come up with a Steve Smith solution for the playoffs, we'd be onto something *ba-dump-bump*

Hey is there anyone that thinks the Ravens can beat the Broncos with no running game tonight? Supposed to be cold rainy and snowy up there, me doubts if they can get the job done in mile high with there current state of offense.

What makes everyone think they have no running game? Sure, they struggled against SD - but so has everyone else who tried to run on the Chargers... Willie Parker got mangled. Lamont Jordan? Crushed. Chris Brown? He wished he had an injury so he wouldn't have to go back out there...

Originally posted by ProfD:

If they go for the hip-hop treatment, my crystal ball says Chicago natives Kanye West produces the beat and Common writes the rap. ;):cool:

Sorry, all I can think of whenever I hear that name is Carlos Mencia's little rap....

I admit I like Gold Digga

But Kanye West is a CRAZY N*****

:D:D:D

I say that because for me, there was no time or team I enjoyed more than the '85 Bears. I say that, and I'm not a Bears fan! But the combined personalities of the players, the coaches, the video and song, the superbowl. All magical memories.

I couldn't agree with you more. That was the time with all the skits on Saturday night live(Which do you take Ditka VS a tornado.... I'll take Ditka and give 27 points).

These guys were making fun of themselves with the superbowl shuffle. The current crop can start thinking about it about week 12. Any thing before that would be stupid.

And btw.... these guys are for real.

The other thing I really like about the Bears right now is that they just play..... No taunting and pointing and giving props to themselves out on the field. They make a good play, throw some one down and just walk back to the huddle.

Watching that Philly-Dallas game, I really noticed that individual players are so psyched on themselves. I don't think they really can play as a team.

There's talk about the Bears that Brian Urlacher has instituted a new scoring system on defense. It's called the slough.

If you don't jump on a pile to tackle...it's a slough.

If you get knocked down and don't get your ass back up... it's a slough.

If you don't go balls out till the whistle blows ... it's a slough.

I guess the guys on the team watch the films and keep track. Now I woulndn't want to piss off Brian Urlacher but I guess there are unofficial fines. Can't wait to hear more about that.

Originally posted by jackpine:

There's talk about the Bears that Brian Urlacher has instituted a new scoring system on defense. It's called the slough.

Actually, I think it was coach Lovie Smith who instituted the point system. Urlacher himself fell victim to it. ;)

The Bears have a solid team. We will see how they hold up throughout the NFC. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by ProfD:

The Bears have a solid team. We will see how they hold up throughout the NFC. :cool:

Well, anything can happen, and yes week 12 should be the mark to hit before hype begins, but with that schedule they have, I'd be surprized if they lost more than 3 or 4 games all year.

They are 5-0 with:

Arizona

San Fran

Miami

NYG

NYJ

N.E.

Minnesota

St Louis

Tampa Bay

Detroit

Green Bay

TROLL . . . ish.

Well lets look at that schedule

Arizona - Upset Loss

San Fran - Win barely

Miami - Win barely

NYG - Loss

NYJ - Loss

N.E.- loss

Minnesota - Win

St Louis - Loss

Tampa Bay - Loss

Detroit - Win by one point and a crappy call

Green Bay - Loss

See there going to be lucky to make the playoffs.

I'm just messing around, unless they beat themselves, the only three games I see as potential pitfalls for them are:

NYG

NYJ

N.E.

- Rush

I, of course, was happy my Chargers bounced back in the 2nd half to take control of the game against the Steelers. After allowing 13 points in the first half, the defense shut them out for the 2nd half. 4th-quarter comebacks have been a curse for the Chargers, with the Steelers being one of the victimizers last year. Thus, it was especially gratifying to see the our defense kill Steeler comeback attempts with a pick and sacks.

Offensively, I wasn't surprised to see Rivers come out throwing (set a season high for pass attempts), because Marty has always been more liberal with the offense at home. Huge props to our rookie left tackle, Marcus McNeill for keeping Joey Porter off of Rivers' back. Props to offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and the entire offense for solving the Steelers' pass rush with the right adjustments - they got to Rivers early, but hardly bothered him in the 2nd half.

We will see if he has truly loosened the reins on his young QB when we go on the road to take on the 49ers.

As for the rest of the league:

- New England has suddenly come back to life. Once again, you can't count out Belichik and Brady.

- Can't add more than what's been said about Chicago's apparent dominance. Minnesota is the only team that played them tough so far - probably because they have a tough D of their own.

- Saints and Rams continue to surprise as first place contenders.

- KC seems to be playing better with Huard under center than when they had Green.

- Can't figure out Jax. Despite having a top-ranked defense, they lose to Wash. in a shootout. But then they go and blow out a Jets team that played the Colts tough

Originally posted by GovernorSilver:

- Can't figure out Jax. Despite having a top-ranked defense, they lose to Wash. in a shootout. But then they go and blow out a Jets team that played the Colts tough

What you're seeing is probably the result of a team that is extremely well coached, but has had severe injury's this season.
TROLL . . . ish.

Archived