Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

As far as Brooks though - it's really kinda hard to tell how much of a problem he is if he doesn't have a pocket to work out of, wouldn'cha say? Andrew Walter didn't fare much better, did he?Sigh....oh, well. Go Philly! :cool::D

dB

Yep I agree, with Brooks and Walter, you won't know what you really have until the O-line is fixed, which is why I suggest the line be there main focus of the next few weeks.

Go Philly indeed!

TROLL . . . ish.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. I can't even really comment on Brooks or Walter when they had roughly 1.3 seconds to get rid of the ball on each down. The Raiders O-line couldn't block air, much less Shawne Merriman.

And why was Brooks taking a 7-step drop? Shit, I'd run back too if my O-line gave me zero protection. He had no choice!

- Jeff

On the other side of Monday night, I was a bit frightened by the Viqueens. I have a bad feeling that Brad Johnson is in for one helluva year. He looked great last night. That closing drive for the last minute field goal was textbook. He has the 2nd highest winning percentage in the NFL (behind Favre), 2 time pro bowler, Super bowl with Tampon Bay.... I don't know The NFC North may be weak but it'll be interesting.

Oh yeah.... and did I say.....GO BEARS!!!!!

Originally posted by meccajay:

** Guys, tell me you don't absolutely LOVE the Nike commercial that features Urlacher, Vick, LT, coach Shula and others as a high school team. I've seen it 50 times, but it still makes me smile!

Urlacher: "We can take 'em". Vick: "Brian get open". Smallish kid to Urlacher: "Is that all you got Urlacher?!".

Loved the 1st commercial as well!

So, nobody else loves the Nike commercial but me?!

C'mon Lee Corso in a mascot suit. LT throwing the halfback option?? Anyone? Bueller?

TROLL . . . ish.

** Guys, tell me you don't absolutely LOVE the Nike commercial that features Urlacher, Vick, LT, coach Shula and others as a high school team. I've seen it 50 times, but it still makes me smile!

Urlacher: "We can take 'em". Vick: "Brian get open". Smallish kid to Urlacher: "Is that all you got Urlacher?!".

Loved the 1st commercial as well!

So, nobody else loves the Nike commercial but me?!

C'mon Lee Corso in a mascot suit. LT throwing the halfback option?? Anyone? Bueller?

It's the stupidest ad that I've ever seen.

In the beginning, Jimmy Johnson askes "Ryan" or "Bryan" or whatever his name is a question about Napoleon. The kid is white. For the rest of the ad, he's Black. And he appears to play on a team or professional athletes who go head to head with high school athletes on Friday nights in their spare time. And he has two coaches who never appear togething in a scene, possibly because of bad blood over their real-life tenures with the Dolphins. And in the end, Ryan/Bryan is the hero for narrowly beating a team of high school kids at the buzzer with the help of his pro buddies.

What kind of drugs is Phil Knight taking?

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

In the beginning, Jimmy Johnson askes "Ryan" or "Bryan" or whatever his name is a question about Napoleon. The kid is white. For the rest of the ad, he's Black.

I got the impression Johnson is asking Brian Urlacher the question. I think the black kid's name is Ryan.

I also don't love the ad, though...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Well, I thought the ad which is representing the Past(Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Steve Young etc) The Present(LT, Vick, Urlacker, Palumalu) and the future which is Brian(Ryan), was pretty clever and well put together.

Dan, I think the point is there really ALL high school football players(it does ask we use our imagination bit so I understand)that's why Jimmy Johnson's only in the classroom teaching, and Shula's the football coach.

For me, it's the cameo's that are really great. I watched that commercial the 1st 10 times, and saw 10 different cameo appearances. Pretty rare list of participants.

I just thought you guys would feel, like me, that the ad brought up a lot of great old high school memories.

Oh well, sorry I broaght it up.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Niiiiice. :rolleyes:

Porter is claiming he wasn't laughing at the Raiders, but was not paying attention to the game and was laughing with some fans.

Bullshit.

Let's see, looking up the "TO" entry in the dictionary: very talented, very detrimental to a team's morale. Jerry Porter is barely a second-rate TO, and we need to get his ass off the team ASAP. He's got to go. Maybe we can get a decent offensive lineman in exchange and it will be win-win for everyone.

- Jeff

I didn't see anyone mentioning how the Bengal players were taunting the Chief players after they knocked Trent Green out and he was laying on the field. Totally classless. They whined like babies when Kimo tackled Carson Palmer and ripped up his knee in the playoffs last year. I was at a Steelers' bar and we are all disappointed that Carson was knocked out of the game. Why? Because we didn't want to hear all the excuses why they lost that game ALL freakin year, like we've had to since the Steelers won the Superbowl.

The Bengals have a really good team, with VERY short memories.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

For me, it's the cameo's that are really great. I watched that commercial the 1st 10 times, and saw 10 different cameo appearances. Pretty rare list of participants.

I just thought you guys would feel, like me, that the ad brought up a lot of great old high school memories.

Oh well, sorry I broaght it up.

Don't be sorry. If you enjoy the ad, GREAT! We don't all have to like the same things.

I like the Chrysler "Dr. Z" ads and the Bud Ligh "Real Men Of Genius" ads. I'm sure that lots of people think these ads are totally goofy. And they are, but I like them anyway. I have strange tastes.

:D

Don't be sorry. If you enjoy the ad, GREAT! We don't all have to like the same things.

I like the Chrysler "Dr. Z" ads and the Bud Ligh "Real Men Of Genius" ads.

Yep your right. Regarding the men of genius ads, yes, love em. The "stock 80's singer" is great. Those lyrics are funny! :P

A couple other I love are MOST of the Geico ads, the lizard, as well as the "celebrity will interpret for Mrs so & so" ads. And of course the world famous Man-Law ads!! :thu:

TROLL . . . ish.

Yeah, I get a real chuckle from that Geico commercial - Payback! This time it's for real!

Back to football.

I'm really thinking the McNair Ravens are going to be the team this year. Can't wait to see them play either the Bengals or Steelers. Shutting out Tampa Bay was quite an opening statement.

Gotta love this time of year! :thu::cool:

Posted by Antimatter:

I'm really thinking the McNair Ravens are going to be the team this year. Can't wait to see them play either the Bengals or Steelers. Shutting out Tampa Bay was quite an opening statement.

While it only has been one game, if their defense can play that way and they can stay injury free, they could be a major player in the NFL this year.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Regarding the men of genius ads, yes, love em. The "stock 80's singer" is great.

I was told that the guy who actually records those tracks is the lead singer of Survivor (yes, as in "Eye Of The Tiger"). Perfect choice, if you ask me! :thu:

- Jeff

Jason Whitlock (espn.com) on the Raiders:

Raiders offensive coordinator Tom Walsh should turn in his playbook and return to preparing continental breakfasts for folks in Idaho.

Honestly, in all my years of watching football, I've seen nothing like the strategic meltdown Walsh endured during the Monday nightcap. You think it was obvious the man hadn't called an NFL play since 1994?

Yes, San Diego has one of the league's best front sevens, but the Raiders' lack of adjustments was completely embarrassing. Walsh let quarterback Aaron Brooks drop back seven yards time after time and serve as a sitting duck for Shawne Merriman.

Merriman versus Robert Gallery was a total mismatch before Walsh's game plan made Brooks an easy target. I kept begging the Raiders to chip Merriman with a running back, to spread the field with three or four receivers and force the Chargers to put extra defensive backs on the field and empty the box of seven defenders, to go to three-step-drop passing.

The whole game I was wondering what Art Shell, a Hall of Fame offensive tackle, was writing on his little clipboard:

A. Damn, I wish that loudmouth Jerry Porter was playing QB tonight.

B. Hmm. Guess hosting Madden tournaments all those years didn't keep Walsh's mind in the game.

C. Good thing I took the under on when Al would fire my ass.

D. All of the above.

- Jeff

Yep your right. Regarding the men of genius ads, yes, love em. The "stock 80's singer" is great. Those lyrics are funny! :P

A couple other I love are MOST of the Geico ads, the lizard, as well as the "celebrity will interpret for Mrs so & so" ads. And of course the world famous Man-Law ads!! :thu:

Man law! (clink!)

I like the Chrysler "Dr. Z" ads and the Bud Ligh "Real Men Of Genius" ads.

I do like the man law ads, and

"I feel pretty. Oh so pretty." :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Posted by Rabid:

I do like the man law ads

+1 :thu:

I also like the older ads where the office manager hires the football player to spear workers. The workers are having a conversation and he comes out of nowhere to spear them. There's a similar beer commercial where a guy levels this girl during a friendly game of football and he's later shown sitting on a stool talking with his buddy's and she comes out of nowhere to level him.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

aargh... :mad:

What did the good people of Tampa ever do to have to endure a season of Chris Simms at QB? :confused:

Over throws a wide open receiver in the end zone from the 6. Throws another interception from the 5. More interceptions. 6 batted balls.

It sucks when you know your season is over and the 2nd game hasn't even finished yet. :cry:

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

It sucks when you know your season is over and the 2nd game hasn't even finished yet. :cry:

Well, I could say the same thing about the Raiders, and probably should. But being the eternal optimist that I am...

- The defense is actually looking strong, at least against the Ravens. Pass rush and run stop are WAY better than last year or the year before.

- I'm actually thrilled they benched Aaron Brooks in the first quarter. Andrew Walter might actually develop into a pretty good QB with the experience. I'm hoping they start Walter in two weeks against Cleveland (they have a bye next week).

But here's the thing: with a non-existant O-line and and offensive coordinator who doesn't qualify to coach a high school team (much less an NFL team), there's no hope of being better than 3-13 this year. As things are going now, I'm looking down the schedule and to be honest, I'm going to be surpsied if they win ONE game. A single game. They play Houston on 12/3, which may be our only hope for a W this year.

- Jeff

Originally posted by steadyb:

It looks like this just isn't the Giants year.

They should just start positioning themselves for a good draft pick and try and "get 'em next year".

They ainlt gonna get the first pick. That;s going to Oakland. :idea:

Speaking of which...man, that's a pretty awful smell coming from Baltimore. :rolleyes:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I've turned off the game. I can't watch anymore.

I my have trouble watching football at all this year. I can't help but be a fan, and my team stinks. They're terrible. I may have to become a supporter of the Redondo High team, and watch high school games down the street. At least I know what to expect at that level.

- Jeff

Archived