Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Anyone doing anything cool for opening night?

Wish I could. I'll be lucky to see most of the game... work, yada yada.

I might try to hook up with some friends for Monday night's Raiders/Bolts game.

- Jeff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last chance to join.

KeyboardCorner Yahoo Pickum.

Group Name KeyboardCorner

Group ID#: 40754

Group Password bryce13

Maximum Teams 50

Confidence Points No

Spread No

Tiebreakers No

Start Week 1

Drop Scores No, use all weeks

Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

In what will remain a yearly, curmudgeonly ritual until such time as order and tradition are restored, let me say, once again, that I hate, despise, and am morally offended and emotionally wounded by the "new tradition" of beginning the NFL season with an isolated Thursday night "star-studded spectacular."

The football season starts Sunday at 1:00. That's when it starts. On a Sunday. At 1:00 EST.

Be it known I am not opposed to the occasional non-Thanksgiving Thursday night game, nor to the late season Saturday scehdule. I just feel that everyone should start at the starting line, with a big, simultaneous crunching of pads and helmets and a fully stocked scores report on the bottom of the screen.

Values, gentlemen, values. Which ones are we not willing to sell?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Oh. One more thing. If they are going to have a Thursday night game, they should have two. One for the east and one for the west. I'm not staying up until midnight. Thursday night is when I try to get a lot of sleep so I can stay up late on Friday night.

Originally posted by RABid:

Oh. One more thing. If they are going to have a Thursday night game, they should have two. One for the east and one for the west. I'm not staying up until midnight. Thursday night is when I try to get a lot of sleep so I can stay up late on Friday night.

lol

But true. I could almost be appeased by a two game "opening night" schedule

Yes, the NFL foreplay is totally unnecessary. ;)

Still, I'm going to shut everything down and watch that game! :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Eight Reasons I Think The Raiders Will Beat San Diego On MNF

1. Because I am a huge Raiders fan and am often way overly optimistic about any game they have any chance of winning.

2. The pressure is so high on Philip Rivers, I think he's going to cave to it at some crucial moments.

3. The Raiders last beat the Bolts on Sep 28, 2003. They are WAY due!

4. All this business with Foley being shot by a cop is going to be a bit of a distraction for SD.

5. LaMont Jordan is going to step it up BIG TIME, especially against other teams that have a league-leading RB like LT.

6. Art Shell has learned from his old ways, and now has more people to help him manage the game clock (the area where he was definitely weak in his last coaching tenure) while having improved discipline regarding stupid-ass penalties.

7. Hello? Raiders at home on MNF? Can anyone say "Black Hole"?

8. Because I want them to! Go Raiders! Just win, baby! Tradition of Excellence! Silver and Black Attack!

- Jeff

Originally posted by steadyb:

Eight Reasons I Think The Raiders Suck

Now, when the Seahawks went 6-10 in 2000 (a year when the Raiders beat them 31-3), did I jump on your case and rub it in that they sucked?

Oh wait, I did. Never mind. :thu:

- Jeff

Some Pick-um week one information.

Looks like everyone got their picks in on time for week one and we ended up with 14 combatants. Opening game, Miami vs. Pittsburgh is pretty even. 8 picked Miami and 6 chose Pittsburgh. In week one, 4 teams were unanimous picks to win; Phi, Den, NE and Ari. No game was an even split of 7 picks for each team.

Most picked teams for each game; Mia, TB, Cle, Car, Sea, Phi, Ten, Cin, Den, NE, Dal, Chi, Ari, Ind, Was, SD

Out of the 16 games with the 16 most picked teams, daBowsa somehow picked all 16 of those most picked teams. Magpel went against the crowd most often with only 11 of the most picked teams.

Magpel - 11

Jackpine - 12

Jay Mecca - 12

Steadyb - 12

Postman - 13

Antimatter - 13

Dave Bryce - 13

MidLifeCrisis - 13

Geoff Grace - 13

ProfD - 14

JeffDaWeasel - 14

SiLVeR DRaGoNZ - 15

Rabid - 15

daBowsa - 16

Now back to the game. Go Miani! (I only cheer for them because I have them in the pickum.) ;)

Robert

Some Pick-um week one information.

Magpel - 11

Jackpine - 12

Jay Mecca - 12

Steadyb - 12

Postman - 13

Antimatter - 13

Dave Bryce - 13

MidLifeCrisis - 13

Geoff Grace - 13

ProfD - 14

JeffDaWeasel - 14

SiLVeR DRaGoNZ - 15

Rabid - 15

daBowsa - 16

Cool :thu:

We get up to the minute stats on our league in real time. This is just as good as ESPN.com :D

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I switched my pick from Miami to Pittsburgh moments before the kickoff.

I had thought Miami was the home team when I originally picked them.

Of course, as we all know, any last second pick change always = defeat. :mad:

C'mon Stealers, just win this one.

Out of the 16 games with the 16 most picked teams, daBowsa somehow picked all 16 of those most picked teams. Magpel went against the crowd most often with only 11 of the most picked teams.

Hmmmmm.... DaBowsa, Magpel. Why does that pairing sound so familiar?

Wait, wrong pool.

Ok, last nights game..

- Steelers D looked good.

- Batch was very solid, who'd of thunk 3 TD's?

- Pep was better than expected until the 4th quarter. Really stunk up the joint then.

- Broadcast was purdy good. Madden gets pretty in depth about defense's, offensive formations and such, but I think the network will make him dumb it down for fringe fans.

- When was the last time I saw the Steelers play, and a ref call/non-call wasn't involved in half of there big plays? (even prior to the out of bounds non-call).

- Isn't it funny how Nick Sabin is suddenly blamed for a call the refs got wrong?!

- The Porter to Cower kiss...gotta luv that!

TROLL . . . ish.

Oy, the thing with Saban and the review request was weird but no big deal. The 80+ yard pass play, now that was a big deal...

I picked Miami in this game. Something about defedning Super Bowl champs, no Ben, adjusting to life after The Bus and Randle-El, you know...

Wrong wrong wrong. Steelers looked pretty good last night. I don't see them as a strong candidate to repeat but they should be in the mix

And Batch should get another look as a starter someday.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Ok, last nights game..

- Steelers D looked good.

Except for some missed tackles. Miami had some nice drives, but the Steeler D really clamped down in the fourth quarter.

- Batch was very solid, who'd of thunk 3 TD's?

That was probably the best game of Charlie's career (so far).

- Pep was better than expected until the 4th quarter. Really stunk up the joint then.

I thought he was solid until they got into a must-score situation. Once Dick LeBeau smelled pass, it was all over.

- Broadcast was purdy good. Madden gets pretty in depth about defense's, offensive formations and such, but I think the network will make him dumb it down for fringe fans.

Yeah, Madden seemed more focused than he's been the last few years. Chris Collinsworth is one of my favorite sports commentators, and Bob Costas is usually pretty good, too.

- Isn't it funny how Nick Sabin is suddenly blamed for a call the refs got wrong?!

It seems unfair even to a Steeler fan. Why didn't the officials "up in the booth" intervene and stop play in time for a review. The TD was probably going to happen anyway, but after Charlie's bad snap and that amazing heart-stopper against Indy last year, you have to believe that anything can happen on first-and-goal.

- The Porter to Cower kiss...gotta luv that!

Brokeback Football, baby!

:D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Not a bad game at all. I was a little concerned after the first bunch of "drives" (more like, 3-and-out, 3-and-out, and so on), but the second quarter picked up.

- While the Steelers D looked tough, they weren't clicking like last year. Obviously, you have your superstars performing well... Porter, Polamalu, and so on were great as always. But the line seemed a little gappier than last year, though Miami doesn't have the running strength to take advantage with Ronnie Brown alone. They're missing Ricky about now.

- Charlie Batch? Yeah, he seemed more confident. Remember, the Steelers won both games he started last year. But they're not really an air-it-out type of team.

- I forgot how fast Parker is when he gets an opening and turns the corner.

- Culpepper... man, sometimes I still see the old Daunte. But then (like the 4th quarter) I think his best days may be about two years behind himi, and they might not be coming back.

- Pretty impressive pass rushing on both sides.

- More than anything, I'm glad I got to watch most of the game! A rare luxury here in the land of the self-employed.

And the NFL is back. Ahhhhh. I missed it like a long-lost brother.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

- Charlie Batch? Yeah, he seemed more confident. Remember, the Steelers won both games he started last year. But they're not really an air-it-out type of team.

What?!?! Why didn't somebody tell me this before I picked Miami?

Archived