Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Last year I entered a pool with 20 players. 19 of us were eliminated in week 1.

I survived the train wreck of week one(office pool), but only due to luck...

Let's see, Miami rocked Denver, Detroit beat Green Bay, and San Fran beat St Louis... That pretty much bulldozed most folks in pools last year I'd think.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

"Most talented Packers team ever" huh Geoff.. I was wondering what you were thinking when you heard that.

I was thinking, there goes General Favre trying to motivate the troops again.

It reminds me of his "Super Bowl or Bust" slogan of a few years ago.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

First off: Shame on all of us for letting this thread fall to the second page!! :eek:;)

Second: Go Packers! (I was born/raised in Wisconsin, what can I say? ;)

Third: I'm making a bonzai trip to Milwaukee this weekend (Sat. Night to Mon. Morning) and I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to see the Hall of Fame Game :mad:

God, it'll be good to get the pigskin back on the tube again!!

What does NFL stand for? (Not For Ladies!)

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

Originally posted by Still Learning:

I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to see the Hall of Fame Game :mad: [/QB]

Well, since ya bring it up..

There is a serious HOF class being enshrined this weekend. We have Troy Aikman- One of the best championship QB's of alltime, Harry Carson- One of the best linebackers on a team of great LB's!, Reggie White- Maybe the best D-lineman of all time, Rayfield Wright, Warren Moon- Another great QB and trailblazer, and John Madden- King of broadcasting, Gaming, and achampionship coach..

...discuss! :D

TROLL . . . ish.

I went to watch the Bengals practice yestorday. Tempeture of 97 with 60 percent humidity. They were practicing with helms and shoulder pads in the mid-day sun.

What I found interesting is how Chad Johnson seemd to be directing the receiver drills. Whenever his turn came he would tell the coaches how he wanted the drill changed, and they would do it.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Ahh Preseason is finally here.

We get to see Art Shell's Raiders. Is Jerry Porter still whining? He was asking for a trade or something when camp started. Either he doesn't like Shell or he doesn't like being #2. Maybe Brooks should throw him a bunch of balls to shut him up.

Donovan McNabb returns, but who is he throwing too again? :confused::P

Frost the mugs! Prepare the game chow!

Bring on the game!

Anybody going to scrimmage games this weekend?

The Skins-Ravens is tomorrow but here on the east coast we are at the tail end of a Hades tour. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Speaking of Rayfield Wright, this is someone very deserving. He was a great O lineman I thought the hall forgot about. I'm glad he's getting in!

No plans to see any scrimmages but will be watching some football on Sunday, yes baby :thu:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Still Learning:

I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to see the Hall of Fame Game :mad: [/QB]

Well, since ya bring it up..

There is a serious HOF class being enshrined this weekend. We have Troy Aikman- One of the best championship QB's of alltime, Harry Carson- One of the best linebackers on a team of great LB's!, Reggie White- Maybe the best D-lineman of all time, Rayfield Wright, Warren Moon- Another great QB and trailblazer, and John Madden- King of broadcasting, Gaming, and achampionship coach..

...discuss! :D

Wow it just doesn't seem like it should be time yet to enshrine Troy Aikman in the Hall of Fame! Man, those years just whiz on by! Rayfield Wright, Warren Moon and John Madden, on the other hand, seem overdue for this honor. As a west coaster, I didn't get to watch Harry Carson play all that much; but I remember being impressed by what I saw.

Reggie White was certainly one of the best defensive linemen of all time possibly the best. I only wish that the NFL kept records of sacks back in Deacon Jones's era. (Jones coined the term, by the way.) Considering that both men played for my favorite teams then, the LA Rams and now, the Green Bay Packers I watched Jones and White play a lot of games. Personally, I'd give the edge to Deacon; but Reggie was amazing, nonetheless. I only wish he were alive to receive this honor. :(

Best,

Geoff

Wow, incredible induction ceremony..

Yes, I was moved by Reggie's brave, and very loving wife. The moment between her and her son unvieling that bust had me cryin right along with them..I'm an Eagles fan, what can I say. Great Moment.

Aikman speech was very classy, and Warren Moon's moment was very historic. That said, the most memorable speech was that of Rayfield Wright. Dman, that was moving! If you closed your eyes just for moment, you'd have thought it was MLK speaking. That man can speak as powerfully as he played. Man, that section of the speach where he talked about all his mother has done for him, and what she'd instilled in him gave me chills!

What a wonderful HOF class. One I'll always remember, and YES, John Madden, I'm as goofy as you are.. I too think the busts talk to each other.

Now onto that game...

Looked to me like the Raiders had camp legs, the 1st unit looked slow on both sides of the ball. Shell's got a lot of work to do.

The Eagles, well. I love how were being written off, when we still have a most potent O-line in the NFC East, a great secondary, and Jim Johnson as D coordinator. Maybe the Redskins have a comparable D, but not everyone in the East.

On another note, I don't want Coy Detmer as my 3rd string QB, PLEASE let Timmy Chang beat him out and make this team. Chang's capable of magic once he gets comfortable.

TROLL . . . ish.

On another note, I don't want Coy Detmer as my 3rd string QB, PLEASE let Timmy Chang beat him out and make this team. Chang's capable of magic once he gets comfortable.

Speaking of backups, Andrew Walter certainly looked somewhat unremarkable. :rolleyes:

Eagles first unit sure looked okay, considering it's a month before the season starts...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Yep Dave, they were quick and nasty.. loved it.

Here's the national preseason TV schedule..

2006 NFL PRESEASON NATIONAL TELEVISION SCHEDULE (All times Eastern)

DATE GAME NETWORK (TIME)

Sun., Aug. 6 Hall of Fame Game -- Canton, Ohio

Oakland vs. Philadelphia NBC (8 p.m.)

Preseason Week 1 (Aug. 10-14)

Thu., Aug. 10 Indianapolis at St. Louis FOX (8 p.m.)

Fri., Aug. 11 New England at Atlanta CBS (8 p.m.)

Sun., Aug. 13 Washington at Cincinnati NBC (8 p.m.)

Mon., Aug. 14 Oakland at Minnesota ESPN (8 p.m.)

Preseason Week 2 (Aug. 17-21)

Thu., Aug. 17 Kansas City at New York Giants FOX (8 p.m.)

Fri., Aug. 18 San Diego at Chicago CBS (8 p.m.)

Sat., Aug. 19 Arizona at New England NFLN (8 p.m.)

Sun., Aug. 20 Seattle at Indianapolis NBC (8 p.m.)

Mon., Aug. 21 Dallas at New Orleans, Shreveport, La. ESPN (8 p.m.)

Preseason Week 3 (Aug. 24-28)

Thu., Aug. 24 Miami at Carolina FOX (8 p.m.)

Fri., Aug. 25 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia ESPN (8 p.m.)

Sat., Aug. 26 Tampa Bay at Jacksonville CBS (8 p.m.)

Sun., Aug. 27 Houston at Denver NFLN (8 p.m.)

Mon., Aug. 28 Green Bay at Cincinnati ESPN (8 p.m.)

TROLL . . . ish.

Ha ha! Just explain to her the unusual phenomenon of all the coaching changes, all the free agent moves, and your teams draft that make this years pre-season almost as exciting as the reg season.

*then say really quickly* "Hun, how about chinese tonight"

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Eagles first unit sure looked okay, considering it's a month before the season starts...

Agreed. I was only able to watch the first drives of both teams because I had to work, but Philadelphia sure looked good.

Preseason Week 1 (Aug. 10-14)

Thu., Aug. 10 Indianapolis at St. Louis FOX (8 p.m.)

Fri., Aug. 11 New England at Atlanta CBS (8 p.m.)

Sun., Aug. 13 Washington at Cincinnati NBC (8 p.m.)

Mon., Aug. 14 Oakland at Minnesota ESPN (8 p.m.)

Our local listings also have the Green Bay Packers at the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, August 12th, at 7:00 PM PST (CBS). :)

Wow, incredible induction ceremony..

Yes, I was moved by Reggie's brave, and very loving wife. The moment between her and her son unvieling that bust had me cryin right along with them..I'm an Eagles fan, what can I say. Great Moment.

Aikman speech was very classy, and Warren Moon's moment was very historic. That said, the most memorable speech was that of Rayfield Wright. Dman, that was moving! If you closed your eyes just for moment, you'd have thought it was MLK speaking. That man can speak as powerfully as he played. Man, that section of the speach where he talked about all his mother has done for him, and what she'd instilled in him gave me chills!

What a wonderful HOF class. One I'll always remember, and YES, John Madden, I'm as goofy as you are.. I too think the busts talk to each other.]

Thanks for your description of the ceremony, meccajay. I had to miss that too; but thanks to your recap, I was able to catch a glimpse at what happened.

Best,

Geoff

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Bad News

Lightening hit my house and blew out my TV :(

Good News

I now have an excuse to go out and buy a widescreen Plasma TV just in time for football season. :D

The Immaculate Reception :D:thu:

Originally posted by Trill:

The Immaculate Reception :D:thu:

That's what I am hoping for.

But I have to upgrade my direct TV to HD service. And I have to buy an HD satellite and associated receiver.

The TV itself is only 1/2 the cost. But hopefully it will be worth it.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Rest assured, friend, it will be.

If you play your cards right, you can bully DirecTV into giving you the receiver for $100. Just threaten to go to Dish (who will happily sell you an HD receiver for $100 with your intro package) and they'll cave.

Don't forget a high-power antenna to pick up the locals in HD, though, because no one carries locals in HD over satellite right now.

quote:

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Bad News

Lightening hit my house and blew out my TV

Good News

I now have an excuse to go out and buy a widescreen Plasma TV just in time for football season.

Did you think your prayers were finally heard? I always used to ask for a lightning bolt. Knowing my luck though I'd get stuck with having to buy a 13 inch or even worse get the "Oh honey now we can spend more quality time together. Football takes away from us. You do love me more than football." To which I could only respond one way :confused:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Griffinator:

If you play your cards right, you can bully DirecTV into giving you the receiver for $100. Just threaten to go to Dish (who will happily sell you an HD receiver for $100 with your intro package) and they'll cave.

Don't forget a high-power antenna to pick up the locals in HD, though, because no one carries locals in HD over satellite right now.

I was going to get the set from Best Buy. They have a $300 off special if I upgrade to direct TV HD through the store. Is that a better deal than negotiating with DTV directly?

Hmm. Local high powered antenna??? This is new to me. Do I need to shell out more big bucs for a local antenna?

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

It's really tragic about Maurice Clarett.

When I 1st heard about this last incident, I though he'd going broke, and was out riding around dealing drugs. Or that he was armed to the teeth expecting someone's revenge on him for whatever prior deed he'd done. There's also word that he was within a few blocks of someone involved in his prior assault charge, and he was armed, vested, and possibly on a death mission himself.

Now, as more comes out. Those scenerio's still remain, but it also appears that something elso is also apparant. That this man is not only a victim of his own bad choices, including serious alchoholism, but is also deeply disturbed, and in dire need of help from somewhere, somehow.

Clarett\'s odd phone calls

No, I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve prison, but simply saying that prison by itself is only going to make a man in his mental state worse. I remember Jim Brown attempting to reach out to him a couple years ago, but I don't know what transpired afterward.

Now, it seems all is lost, and it's time to close the book on Clarett for good.. Then you look at hs age and realise he's only 22 yrs old! Wow, 22 yrs old.. At that age, I think it's far from too late.

So what now? Do you make 1/2 of his sentence prison and the other half mental treatment facility? Does that even work?

Do you just say he's had multiple chances to learn from past mistakes, so lets lock him up and throw away the key? Does anyone care enough to develope a plan outside the box to try to help? What solution is both worth the effort, and also works?

TROLL . . . ish.

It's really tragic about Maurice Clarett.

So what now? Do you make 1/2 of his sentence prison and the other half mental treatment facility? Does that even work?

Do you just say he's had multiple chances to learn from past mistakes, so lets lock him up and throw away the key? Does anyone care enough to develope a plan outside the box to try to help? What solution is both worth the effort, and also works?

The unfortunate reality is, folks get caught up in the skills and abilities of athletes, entertainers, prodigies, etc., and place their own expectations upon them.

Until these people are viewed as human beings first and foremost, it is harder to look beyond what they can do especially when it comes to their ability to generate money for others.

It is a sad situation that the most developed nation in the world is in no better position to deal with mental illness and/or does not really want too.

We could see this kid (Mike Tyson also comes to mind), crashing and burning right before our eyes, yet, nothing was done to stop it. Society seems to let "nature take its course".

I hope that there will be some kind of real rehabilitiation to help him deal with his issues. After all, he is a human being and now, a father.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived