Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by steadyb:

Just remember, you read it here first.

No I didn't. I've read it elsewhere first.

So, the 2008 Lakers lineup will be:

PG Smush Parker

SG Kobe Bryant

SF Lebron James

PF Kevin Garnett

C Kwame Brown

Hmmm.

- Jeff

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

Just remember, you read it here first.

No I didn't. I've read it elsewhere first.

So, the 2008 Lakers lineup will be:

PG Smush Parker

SG Kobe Bryant

SF Lebron James

PF Kevin Garnett

C Kwame Brown

Hmmm.

- Jeff

And they'll still get whooped by the 'stones

Originally posted by Root:

And they'll still get whooped by the 'stones

Look for this year to be the last of Pistons dominance of any kind. Your guys are aging, and will soon be running into the same problems that plague other great team units after a few years together.

At the moment, Dee-twah is still the best team in the league on paper. But get ready for a long draught starting next season.

- Jeff

It's like Lenin said...you look for the guy who will benefet and...well...there you go.
I am the Walrus. (Lebowski Rules)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect dominance next year, but I think they'll make it this year. Though, I'm confident in Joe D's ability to make excellent trades and get us the players we need. I don't know about a draught, we'll see how the summer goes with trades and acquisitions. Never underestimate the power of a GM to make a team. :D

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

I love Mark, he releases stuff on DVD, PPV and in Theaters at the same time which REALLY pisses off Hollywood. Anyone that pisses off Hollywood is good by me.

Go Dallas :D

Excited to see what this next game holds!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

The entire 3rd qtr was infuriating (and I didn't care that much who won).

Dallas played an amazing 1st half, and then the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half especially was just terrible officiating.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

The entire 3rd qtr was infuriating

I missed the game - I was working... :(

Why was it infuriationg?

dB

Dallas came out and played a great first half. They were thoroughly kicking the Spurs ass. The 3rd quarter started and suddenly every call was going the Spurs way. It was bad. Especially the first 7 minutes of the 3rd.

On Dirk's last drive of the game, the "and one" will be argued by Spurs fans, but it was so tilted in the Spurs favor, they have nothing to complain about. At one point the free throws were 30 to 9 in favor of the Spurs.

The Mavs hung on to force overtime in spite of the refs. Then they whupped them in OT.

It was a nice win, but never should've been that close.

Congrats to Avery too. He did a great job.

Pop was all pissed off at the post game for the last foul on Dirk's shot, but he should just zip it. Any questionable calls went overwhelmingly his way.

I am a happy man

Just plain happy! :)

Quite happy, in fact! :):):)

The Clippers had a great season though. They're going to be around for awhile. LA has two improving teams on the rise. :cool:

Phoenix has exceeded my expectations and kept hope alive for two exciting series in a row.

GO SUNS!!! :thu:

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Suns.jpg

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I concur with the officiating in the Spurs-Mavs game - obviously the refs were trying to make sure San Antonio had nothing to howl about in the way of calls...

All in all, though, that was an amazing series. Gonna be an even more amazing series when Dirk goes up against his old backcourt (Nash, Bell) in the conference finals. Question is, will whoever wins have enough left in the tank to take on the Eastern Conference champs?

Meanwhile, as disappointed as I am in the poor showing in game 7 by the Clips, I'm ecstatic to see Steve back in the conference championship - now, no matter who wins, one of my favorite players will finally get a shot at a title! :thu:

The Clips, as bad as they played tonight, can still hold their heads up, if for no other reason than the fact that they proved themselves to be the best team in L.A. this year beyond a shadow of a doubt! :D

Suck on that, Kobe! :mad:

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

dang, the Suns shoot well at home...I felt bad for the Clippers, I really thought they deserved the series...oh well

congrats Geoff

Thanks, Steve, my friend.

I freely acknowledge that the last two series could have gone the other way for the Suns. Even so, and I may be biased, I think Phoenix played strongly enough to show it wasn't luck alone that got them where they are today. ;)

Best,

Geoff

Originally posted by Griffinator:

The Clips, as bad as they played tonight, can still hold their heads up, if for no other reason than the fact that they proved themselves to be the best team in L.A. this year beyond a shadow of a doubt!

:rolleyes::bor:

I think not.

They did no better against the Suns than the Lakers.

And getting the Nuggets in round one was only slightly easier than getting a "bye" in the first round.

Nice try.

Originally posted by Griffinator:

The Clips, as bad as they played tonight, can still hold their heads up, if for no other reason than the fact that they proved themselves to be the best team in L.A. this year beyond a shadow of a doubt! :D

Suck on that, Kobe! :mad:

I don't see it that way, Scott. (Of course, the :D icon indicates you're probably joking.)

Both the Lakers and the Spurs were a basket away from beating the Suns and both teams won three of seven games against Phoenix. Sounds pretty equal to me. ;)

Best,

Geoff

Archived