Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SRX-98 Analog essentials

EdMusic

Hi all,

after months of reading and enjoying all of the stories and the information on this great forum this is my first post. I hope you like it.. :)

SRX-98 Analog essential

New expansion board with new sampled voices of the Jupiter-8, Juno-60 and other legendary Roland synthesizers.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent! If there is a sample list, I would love to see it. I felt that the original vintage sample board was wonderful. Here's hoping for more of the PWM, FM and Sync stuff. And some more of those monster detuned Obie waveforms.

Jerry

Originally posted by Nicky:

If this was for real, wouldn't it be called SRX 13?

It's most likely real, but as Rabid pointed out it's probably a promotional piece with a very limited number of waveforms/patches, and it's likely to only be available in certain areas--meaning it might not be available in the USA.

Busch.

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Originally posted by Nicky:

If this was for real, wouldn't it be called SRX 13?

It's most likely real, but as Rabid pointed out it's probably a promotional piece with a very limited number of waveforms/patches, and it's likely to only be available in certain areas--meaning it might not be available in the USA.

Busch.

Only Google (well, I used Yahoo, but bite me) information I could find wasn't incredibly helpful. Said it was at NAMM but that's about it. But yeah, it's definately a promo board. Hopefully they release a full synth board soon :)

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Here's the link of the seller with some pictures of the wave- and patch list. Not very clear but enough to get an idea.

SRX-98

Indeed, I believe its for promotional use only.

I got tricked because it is mentioned on the official website of Roland Benelux.

As far as I understand this card it not compatible with the RD700/RD700sx.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

The SRX-98 is similar to the Roland SR-JV Experience Boards, in that it provides an "sampling" of available sounds.

The SRX-98 was sold in January 2006 as an additional promotional item to encourge sales of the Fantom in certain markets (Japan, Germany and other Eastern Europe countries). It is not available in the US.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived