Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nordstage 76 Confirmed

bjosko

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by burningbusch:

The pianos are from the Stage. That was sure nice of them.

Busch

Not quite, but close

From the readme-file:

"Two new grand pianos! Yamaha C7 (AcGrand5) and Steinway D close (AcGrand6).

These pianos were taken from the Nord Stage library, and sets a new standard

for the Electro Grand Piano sound. The samples have been adjusted to fit into

the Electros memory, excluded are release and pedal down samples as well as

some of the velocity layers ."

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Originally posted by bjosko:

Originally posted by burningbusch:

The pianos are from the Stage. That was sure nice of them.

Busch

Not quite, but close

From the readme-file:

"Two new grand pianos! Yamaha C7 (AcGrand5) and Steinway D close (AcGrand6).

These pianos were taken from the Nord Stage library, and sets a new standard

for the Electro Grand Piano sound. The samples have been adjusted to fit into

the Electros memory, excluded are release and pedal down samples as well as

some of the velocity layers ."

Very good. Yes they are much smaller. I downloaded them and prefer the Yamaha as it has more life in the bass.

Busch.

This is great news I wonder when it will hit the market. It's Official I have G.A.S.

Now my biggest challange will be if I will get the stage 76 or the electro 76 with the updated piano.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Originally posted by C Bull:

This is great news I wonder when it will hit the market. It's Official I have G.A.S.

Now my biggest challange will be if I will get the stage 76 or the electro 76 with the updated piano.

For me the trouble with the electro is that it's monotimbral -- and will most likely always remain as such. It's a nice instrument for organs, EP's and clavs, and now pianos, but again, it's one sound at a time.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Whooaa - I have GAS for the Stage 76.

Downloaded the 2.3 os for the Electro, haven't tried it yet, I'm curious to hear the "more open and realistic" Rotary Speaker simulation as well as the pianos included in this update.

Steve

Well I hate to say it ...

Actually after the recent Fatar fiasco (http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/016830.html) I'm going to take rather a lot of pleasure in saying it.

I told you so.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/016651.html#000000

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/016645.html#000002

There.

I'm feeling alot better now.

Thankyou.

:)

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Yeah, the price needs to come way down off the 88's $3200. The more I think about it, the more I want the Stage76 to NOT have the synth section to bring the price down. THEN I want a NL2 with the Electro waterfall keybed. AND I want the Stage76 to be able to tell the NL2 to bring up a particular patch and turn "local" on and off.

To much to ask?

Ok, I'll just take the Stage76, with no synth section, for $1800 and a used NL2 for $600.

THAT's my ideal rig. :thu:

Until I think about it again tomorrow. :D

My guess is the price will be about $400 less than the 88. It is basically the same instrument with one octave chopped off. I'm thinking that if I could acclimate to play organ on the STAGE's medium-weighted action, it could be an ideal direct replacement for my Electro in the gig rig. Then it would be S90 + STAGE 76. I would keep the Electro, of course, since I committed myself with the license plate! :D

Regards,

Eric

And now the brochure finally are ready at ;

http://www.clavia.se/downloads/brochures/index.htm

16,5kg / 36lb

How long did it take from we saw the Stage 88 at Namm, and until it was in the shop .....? :-/

I am glad I already have an NS88, but am looking forward for the OS update. Perharps this summer ? ;-)

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Hey Ben,

How's that new baby of yours?

And how's his big sistah adjusting?

:)

:thu::D:thu::D

http://static.flickr.com/39/89112929_481635025d.jpg?v=0

All is wonderful, thanks for asking!

I just hit Sweetwater to see if they had a price on the Stage76. They don't. But they do have a price on the legs for the 88...$240...huh? First off, I thought they were included, which they should be for $3300. Second...uh two-hundred-and-fourty dollars?!?!

Originally posted by jt54321:

They better adjust the orice down a lot too, I have heard the Stage 88 is a barely selling.

Yo Jazz+, where are you getting sales numbers from? You got some connection with Clavia's headquarters? :D

Regards,

Eric

Archived