Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zzounds - is it ok to buyt from?

zoomer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had bought a lot of stuff (keyboards, stands, accessories) with them with no problems. In fact, I just bought an EV-5 pedal from them yesterday and it is expected to arrive today (how exciting).

Bottom line, I have had no problems with them and, therefore, cannot give you any reason not to buy from them, other than that it is nice to support the locally owned and operated music store if and when you can.

Good experiences. They shipped a wrong item once for a blem bass combo amp that I purchased, but made good by sending an "A" stock in its place at no extra charge. Saved me $150!!!

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

They're fine. :) I've ordered stuff from them many, many times. (Don't tell my wife, OK?) :rolleyes:

I'd rather use Sweetwater Sound whenever possible though.

They pack candy in the box before they ship it to ya. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I was employee #3 of Zzounds...before they even had an online operation. The CEO is chock full of integrity.

Making it easy to buy is their #2 mission, #1 being staying profitable, of course.

"For instance" is not proof.

I've had several good experiences with them as well. My original NL2 had midi issues, they had a new one sent out before I even sent the original back. I like using them and 8th street. 8h street is so close to me that I've ordered things one day and had it the next. Same with zzounds. I think they are in Jersey and the shipping is fast and inexpensive.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Zzounds has an excellent return policy. If you think your item is defective, they will pay shipping and refund 100% of the price, with almost no hassle. Since I often buy things I have not been able to try in a store, this is essential.

I also like Musician's Friend, but they sometimes don't pack stuff up properly. I received a very damaged Nord Electro 2 that was shipped in the very flimsy box that Clavia uses, when it should have been double boxed. However, they paid for shipping and refunded my money, so they are okay in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had nothing but good experiences with Zzounds, and I've bought stuff from them since 1998.

The key for me is never to order something that doesn't show in-stock on their webpage.

They handle pre-orders and backorders just fine, but there's always an element of ambiguity there.

Avoid the, "but I can buy it at 8th Street now!" syndrome and just order when you see something actively in stock, and you'll always be happy.

Archived