Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ableton Live demo

konaboy

I've been emjoying the demo for a couple of weeks now and have found that the demo is actually adequate for my needs! :D

The only disabled geature is the save function, and since my only use of the program is to load a few loops and jam it really doesn't matter to me.

Anybody know for sure if the demo will eventually time out? It's a shame that they don't sell a lite-version.

hang out with me at woody piano shack

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There IS a lite version, you just have to buy whatever hardware comes with it. I'm seriously considering Evolution's USB DJ-mixer thingy, street $120ish. I'm not sure I have much use for the box, but just to get the Ableton Lite software would be cool. I forget the model name - X-119 or something.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

yeah, i noticed that m-audio, emu and digidesign bundle ableton 4 lite. however I heard that the lite version doesn't support control via midi for triggering clips so it would be less interesting for me than the demo! Furthermore I would prefer to buy some Edirol gear at the moment and they don't have the software bundle so i'm hoping that i can continue using the demo.

My goals are a little different - I wanna learn to use the thing and then decide whether to keep it, or upgrade, or what. I suppose I could accomplish that with the demo, though.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I just saw a local d'n'b dj duo using it live the other day - it was basically an improvised gig; they had all their material but were completely creating the tracks in real time, and doing some fantastically original stuff. Very cool! i want one...
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

well just download the demo and get jammin'!

The demo even includes hundreds of beats, basslines and riffs so you can get going.

I hated the interface at first, they have chosen not to use the standard windows or Mac look & feel and gone for their own which is extremely frustrating and tedious in the beginning. Getting used to it now, but feel that it is an unncessary waste of effort having to learn it.

Archived