Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Found Hamond Porta B for $

BluesKeys

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A porta B has tone wheels. It's basically an L100 in a "portable" (that word is misleading) case with removable legs.

Not sure about the price, but if it's in real good condition it could be worth that much.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I used to rent porta-b's back in the day whenever my C3 was in the shop. From what I remember is was fairly accurate with regard to the true tonewheel sound. It does have a real tonewheel generator as DanL stated. I think that it has a different Vibrato/Chorus scanner ala the L1xx series.

I remember it being heavy. Each piece was well over 100 lbs.

With no leslie, the asking price seems a bit high. I have bid on a couple on ebay that wound up going in the $400 range. Of course you had to add in $300 - $400 in shipping.

It has built in speakers so you should be able to give it a good workout. If it runs good and is in decent shape I would haggle a little. Seems like you are in the ball park. It's certainly a better potential gigging board then the M3 with its ability to be split into 2 pieces.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Archived