Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spectrasonics Loops For Katrina Victims

cnegrad

(I apologize if this has been mentioned before.)

Greetings,

For those of you that want some VERY cool, VERY CHEAP ($25) new loops from Spectrasonics, check this out! All the proceeds go to Habitat For Humanity. The loops are available in Stylus RMX format, and other formats as well. The loops are very high quality, and have tons of "soul" to 'em. What better way to bring some great drumming into your tunes, and help Katrina victims as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/neworleans/

(There's an Audio Demo at the bottom of the page.)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!!! I'm in.

I've just been working on a swampy bayou thing, and settled for an eLab no-kick R&B loop with my own kick. I'm almost positive this set will give me something better to work with...

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

It was mentioned before but quickly fell off of the page. Thanks for bringing it up again. I got mine yesterday. I really appreciate the ability to order dual format so I can use the loops in Stylus RMX and in Live. There are 50 loops all together. The best thing is the style. Not your normal 4 on the floor that is so easy to come by. While dumping the waves into Windows Media Player I kept thinking of ways to mangle them. I will also be useful to extract the timing from those looks for applying as groove templates to other parts.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Red Winger:

:thu: Thanks for the link and to Spectrasonics. Grabbed mine in RMX and Apple Loops.

Red,

My pleasure! What's the difference between the two? I guess what I'm asking is, if you have RMX and can utilize them that way, why would you need the Apple Loops? (Unless of course, you just wanted to make a second donation....)

It didn't cost any extra to get them in both formats. The main difference is quickness/simplicity of use in both RMX and Logic. If I want to take advantage of RMX's many excellent features, I will use the RMX format. If, on the other hand, I just want a quick loop to "paint" out or chop in Logic, the Apple Loops are easier to graphically work with (IMO, of course). It's not much of a difference, and I could have made do easily enought with just the RMX, but since it was the same price for both, I grabbed both. :thu:

Cheers,

Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Originally posted by cnegrad:

My pleasure! What's the difference between the two? I guess what I'm asking is, if you have RMX and can utilize them that way, why would you need the Apple Loops? (Unless of course, you just wanted to make a second donation....)

So that if you want to quickly and easily drop them into GarageBand, Soundtrack Pro, or Logic without the overhead of an extra plugin, you have that option.

EDIT - also, I don't know about RMX, but the AppleLoops can also play/work as normal AIFF files.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived