Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why doesn't my picture appear when I post?

Tonysounds

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because you're ugly? :freak:

:P Just kidding, Tony.

Lots of reasons your picture may not show up.

It could be too big. It could be hosted by a site that doesn't allow you to hijack their bandwidth. You could have spelled the URL wrong.

Go back and type in the URL to your browser's address field and see if it comes up there.

Check your spelling.

Compare the size of your picture to others here by right-clicking on the other pictures and viewing 'properties'.

Good luck.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Tonysounds, there's a difference between your Photo and your Avatar. That could be the problem?

Also, your photo or avatar has to reside at a web site and not just on your hard drive. If you need to upload it and don't have a place, I or someone else here can offer our sites. Just a thought.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Ah...hmm. Well, my momma said I was cute! (But you know how mothers are.)

I checked a bunch of times to make sure my URL spelling was correct, and even loaded different pics, to no avail.

I prefer to look at it as though I hijacked EVERYONE'S NordStage! (Well, to be honest, I was hit so hard with GAS over this piece, I had money down in April...a total first for me.)

I know there's a difference between photos and Avatars; but to reveal my ignorance, everyone's post displays a photo, not an Avatar, right?

My photo(s) reside at a yahoo site, as well as elsewhere, but none load.

I only have 19 posts (well, 20 after this one!). So maybe I'll just go spam the GuitarPlayer forums for the next 10?? HAHAHAHAHA!~

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Originally posted by tonysounds:

I know there's a difference between photos and Avatars; but to reveal my ignorance, everyone's post displays a photo, not an Avatar, right?

The image under your name is an avatar, even if you choose for it to be a photograph instead of one of the images that are provided for you to choose from.

If you set up a link to "photo" in your profile, it shows up next to your profile. If you set up a link to "avatar", it showes up under your name when you post.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Ah...hmm. Well, my momma said I was cute! (But you know how mothers are.)

I checked a bunch of times to make sure my URL spelling was correct, and even loaded different pics, to no avail.

I prefer to look at it as though I hijacked EVERYONE'S NordStage! (Well, to be honest, I was hit so hard with GAS over this piece, I had money down in April...a total first for me.)

I only have 19 posts (well, 20 after this one!). So maybe I'll just go spam the GuitarPlayer forums for the next 10?? HAHAHAHAHA!~

I could not get anything stored on yahoo to post here as an avatar. I think Yahoo has a block on that. It kept asking for username/password. Let us know if/how you get it to work if you do. Slowly

"Let It Be!"

Tony,

I'll host your avatar for ye! Just email it to me and I'll send you the link.

Hey, when are you coming back to People's? I was hoping to test drive that XK-3 someday, but if I have to settle for the Stage, I guess I'll live!

:D

Moe

---

Thanks Dave! I haven't made the Iowa trips since I got back from Iraq (finishing school, and then my boys' traveling baseball schedules kept me from doing a lot of shows with the band), but I'll try and get out for the next Iowa stop if I can. We'll talk then, and if you're going to be there, I'll bring the XK3/leslie AND the Stage.

(%)

And look, it doesn't do my avatar either! I've tried two different pics from two different sites, and for some reason, when I try to set the url, I click the button and nothing happens, no matter how long I wait. Whats up with that?????

Archived