Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave... Is KC moving to HC too?

FrankieP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FrankieP:

I noticed your post in Craig's SSS Moving Thread . Is Keyboard Corner gonna follow?

Yes.

Here's the deal...my allegiance is to Craig. The reason that I am the moderator of this forum is because of Craig. All of the support that I have ever gotten for this forum over the years has come from Craig; so, when the opportunity arose for me to join him over there, it seemed natural to do so.

This forum may very well stay here (that's not up to me), but the name "Keyboard Corner" will be going with me.

I have already spoken with another member of this forum about passing the moderator duties over to him, but that has not yet been finalized.

Also, I have every intention of continuing to be a participating member of this forum - I just won't be the moderator.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Will the "Keyboard Corner" at HC be in addition to the existing Keys, Synths, Samplers forum or will KSS just be renamed and be the same as it ever was? I've always been much more active on KC, though I do regularly read and sometimes post on HC. Lately, I've barely gone over there as the signal to noise ratio has recently been very poor (way too much noise, personal attacks, repetitive and non-value adding banter, tons of OT threads, general chaos, etc.)

I believe that dB's presence as moderator would open up a brand new chapter for HC, but it could take some time and patient nurturing for it to reach the quality of the KC forum here.

I'll be curious to see what happens here and hope that it can remain. Nothing wrong with two forums, I suppose!

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by eric:

Will the "Keyboard Corner" at HC be in addition to the existing Keys, Synths, Samplers forum or will KSS just be renamed and be the same as it ever was?

That has yet to be determined

I believe that dB's presence as moderator would open up a brand new chapter for HC, but it could take some time and patient nurturing for it to reach the quality of the KC forum here.
It'll be different - that's for sure. ;)

I sincerely hope that you guys will come hang out over there...it should be fun to get the two communities together. :thu:

dB

Originally posted by dabowsa:

hopefully KC's tone and sense of place can be preserved over there...

With help from you guys, I'm sure we can do that.

End of an era?
Nah...beginning of an adventure.

Originally posted by DafDuc:

Will this be the last comp CD? I've REALLY been enjoying those...

Me, too.

The comps are part of the Keyboard Corner, and always will be. The next one will just be produced over there.

dB

Well folks, while all the details have not been ironed out / announced, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :) Come on - you folks KNOW dB, Craig, Lee... do you really think they'd sign on over at HC if it was going to be 1. A big suck up to the corporate "Man" 2. If HC was going to continue in it's current "wild west" / unmoderated form 3. If they couldn't bring something new, positive and interesting to the table?

Change can be unsettling... but OTOH, change can also bring about positive results. Stay tuned... I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

You are correct sir... but you already knew that. ;)

Just for clarification, I didn't include myself in my last post because I was trying to be complementary to dB / Lee / Craig, and I didn't want to be fat headed about it and include myself... but obviously I feel the same way. Especially about this:

Here's the deal...my allegiance is to Craig. The reason that I am the moderator of this forum is because of Craig. All of the support that I have ever gotten for this forum over the years has come from Craig; so, when the opportunity arose for me to join him over there, it seemed natural to do so.

I couldn't have said it any better. :thu:

I suppose I'd better go make an announcement of my own over on the PS forum now that the cat's out of the bag. ;)

That will be up to the powers that be at CMP.

All I know at this time is that CMP has announced an intention to tie the forums more closely to the magazines. Exactly what that will entail, or how they plan on doing that, I can not say... but hopefully you should all be hearing something about that in the not TOO distant future.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Stay tuned... I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

...especially when you find out that brother Phil will be joining us! :wave:

dB

Well, there goes the last remaining need for me to keep this place bookmarked. See you guys there! :wave:

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Originally posted by Prague:

So, is any forum going to be associated with Keyboard Magazine?

Well, right now, this one really isn't associated with Keyboard magazine...it never has been, really.

We've tried to work out a closer association with the magazine, but they've never really been interested in it - it's just not on their radar.

If they do want to do something with this forum, now would probably be a good time. The person whom I have already asked to take over the moderator gig here may be able to have some influence over that... ;)

dB

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

I'm wrought with emotion.

Damn, Tom... get over it! We gots us some sheep to rustle on over to the new ranch! ;):P:wave:

Cheers,

SG

(already registered at HC, waiting to see how the chips are gonna fall... ;) )

Well, HC already has a keyboard forum. If they simply rename it to KSS, that'a fine.

If anyone thinks they will have KSS and their current keyboard forum, I don't see the sense in that.

So, it will probably end up with:

HC's Keyboard Forum (whatever the name) and, Keyboard Magazine's Forum.

Seems like a familiar lineup.

I think you're confused, Prague.

Keyboard Magazine's forum will remain right here. MusicPlayer will continue to do whatever they want with the forum, under whichever moderator they assign (providing they do indeed have a moderator... I assume they will since I have no specific information otherwise).

Dave Bryce will be the moderator of a new forum, which will probably be called "Keyboard Corner", which will likely take the place of KSS at HC.

I think this is fine... Dave runs a tight ship, and I don't see him adjusting his moderating style based on the move over to HC. I'm sure that for those of us who go over there, we're going to feel quite familiar with the content, topics, moderating style and so on.

And there's no rule that you can't read/post on both HC and the new Keyboard forum here as well. I think it'll be fine. :thu:

- Jeff

The posters on Harmony Central DO NOT like to be "moderated". Scott has kind of left it wide open most of the time. Recently, they've been tightening the screws, but the TONE of Harmony Central is WAY different than here. I have to ATTEMPT to act like a gentleman here. On HC, I can just be myself. :D

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I think my HC login is screwed up - haven't tried it for a long time. Guess I better try and dust it off... I'm sure not a fan of the HC forums as they exist today, though. Hopefully moving all of these cool cats (Craig, db, Phil) over there will change that (and that the new parent company at HC will keep their noses out of it).

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

...And there's no rule that you can't read/post on both HC and the new Keyboard forum here as well. I think it'll be fine...

Right. There will be a keyboard forum at HC (to be renamed Keyboard Corner) and this one here under Keyboard Magazine.

So, it seems it's all much the same.

I guess the current moderators of HC's keyboard forum will be supplanted as well.

Prague said:

>If anyone thinks they will have KSS and their >current keyboard forum, I don't see the sense >in that.

Well, then Keyboard Magazine could have a keyboard forum shoot-out...

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Archived