Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Queen sheet music

saucyjack

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midi files and a good piece of software that turns it into notation.

I use the free version of noteworthy composer, and it is not stellar, but isn't bad.

The trick is getting the right midi files.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Get the books "Greatest Hits: Off the Record". These books are rock scores, which means they have all the parts written out, note for note, including the piano part. I highly recommend them.

Drew

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

-Mike Tyson

I've never come across any sheet music that didn't give me more than my ear and Cool Edit combined provided (Cool Edit to slow down passages without changing pitch... there are lots of apps that do this, but CE is the one that I own. :) ). This has more to do with the lack of accuracy of the sheet music than any particular skill on my part. ;)

I was intrigued by loxley11's post, though. The only place I found a reference to "Greatest Hits: Off The Record" was Amazon.com, which said it was unavailable. :( (Especially odd, since it shows a publish date in 2001!)

Here\'s the link to the page on Amazon.com, if you want to use it as a starting point.

You might also want to look into one of the live DVD's, you can at least get a clue as to what Freddie's playing (you never see the touring keyboardist, so it's not a perfect solution :( ). I'd recommend the latest release, "Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl". The viewing angle is from below the keyboard (stagefront security guard view ;) ), but you can get a sense of the rhythms of the parts that he's playing... might be useful. At the very least, it's an entertaining show. :):thu:

Hope this helps,

SG

Saucyjack,

In case you wanna try it, I have a very good set of MIDI files for some Queen songs. They are:

Another One Bites the Dust

Bohemian Rhapsody

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Get Down, Make Love

Radio Gaga

Somebody to Love

We are the Champions

You're My Best Friend

They were taken from a special edition called "PRO Midi series" or something like that, and all the piano tracks are pretty much nailed, at least to my ears. In case you are interested let me know and I'll gladly e-mail them to you.

By the Way, I also have a MIDI file (grabbed from the Web, but pretty good too) for "Spread Your Wings", one of my all-time Queen favorites :thu: .

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

thanks Andre and all.

I just ordered the Deluxe anthology book...hopefully it will get me started in the right direction.

I'm a mididiot...would I take the midi files and then be able to print out a transcription??

If so that might be just the thing.

Email is Rivers66 at aol.com

Thanks

Smell the Magic

www.Katp.com

The Deluxe Anthology is OK, but it has all the parts short scored for piano - so you wouldn't want to actually play the parts in there in a band situation, but it's a good reference for the whole band as it includes some of the sig bass lines, guitar solos etc. Also pretty darned accurate vocal parts IIRC. Hope it serves you well.
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

Originally posted by saucyjack:

I'm hoping I can kinda piece together a piano part

with the anthology score and thanks Andre for the Midi parts...I'll see if I can them up and running.

Well let us know what kind of software you are using to play the MIDI files and/or generate the scores. I am not exactly a wizard at it, but I am sure you can get someone from this group to help you in case you need some direction on getting where you wanna go with the software. This is one of the things that make this group so good: Most people really mean to help ;) .
"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

• 10 months later...

Oops. Kinda left you hangin on this one, didn't I? I hate it when people do that to me. Anyway I'm curious how your Queen is coming saucyjack. If I had reposted in time, I would have told you that I didn't actually have the book I was talking about, but had seen it in a music store the last time I was in Manhattan. At any rate Hal Leonard just came out with complete scores to their most popular songs - just search Froogle for "Best of Queen Score" and it should turn up. Sorry I wasn't able to help you, but hopefully someone else who is looking might come across this post.

regards,

Drew

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

-Mike Tyson

And for those who don't read music or play any instruments, here is a Queen tab:

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP

STOMP STOMP CLAP