Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A cover band's dream...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the audience was a bit disappointed they didn't do an encore of Another Day in Paradise ;)

That IS awesome - I'm glad Phil Collins still remembers Musical Box. I certainly do ... although I've already forgotten much of what he's done since 1974.

The year after I left the Soft Parade, Robby Kreiger sat in for a set.

I don't know if that would have "thrilled" me or not.

It sure would be better to have Robby than Ray come up and take MY place!

Of course, if Jim were to have shown up at some point that would really have been worth talking about! :eek:

I am so glad to be out of the musical prostitution business. :D

Carl

Although The Australian Pink Floyd who I'm going to see in April have played at Dave Gilmours birthday. But I think the above tops it. As i'm old(er) most people remember Genesis and Phil for the Follow Me Follow You stuff onwards and not the excelent stuff that was earlier. Seconds Out remains one of my best all time live albums.

The bloke is CLASS though.

I'm a HUGE Genesis (read: prior to "And Then There Were Three") fan. I carried the torch for Phil for many years, when he was being reviled for his solo material. I could forgive many things, based on the strength of his 1969-1981 catalogue.

Alas, the signal-to-noise ratio of his later stuff, and his move over to the dark side (read: his work on Disney projects :mad: ), made it far too difficult to argue in his favour. He was a shadow of his former self. I couldn't shoulder the burden any longer, and was forced to accept the reality; Phil hit maximum suckage in 1999 ("You'll Be In My Heart"... blecch).

The fact that he still has chops, and remembers TMB, though, gives me hope that he hasn't lost all of his soul. We'll have to see what the future holds. Do the right thing, Phil... make us believe again! :D:D:D

Cheers,

SG

(Note for those that can't detect it... the above post is in NO way intended to be taken seriously. The author will in NO way be held liable for any injuries resulting from you gesturing at the computer, waving your signed copy of "Love Songs: Old and New", and wishing harm upon the author. Please return to your couch, put on the DVD of Disney's "Tarzan," pop two more Valium and have a nice evening.) ;):thu:

Archived