Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Back from Colombia (South America)

steadyb

Back from Colombia (South America)

I just flew in from Bogota, and boy, are my arms tired!!!

But seriously folks...

I just had an awesome two weeks in Santa Marta, Cartagena, and Bogota.

Despite the way that Colombia is misrepresented by the news media (what a shock :rolleyes: ), I must tell you that it is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with wonderful friendly people, amazing food, and with out a doubt the most beautiful women in the world.

We saw some spectacular beaches in Santa Marta and Cartagena, and while in Bogota, I was even invited to sit in with an amazing salsa band for a couple songs at a club we went to (they had a Yamaha S80 for those who were wondering). One of the tunes I got to jam with them on was an amazing salsa version of "Black Dog" ...very cool.

Anyway, it really was a fantastic trip (and I did manage a few posts from Colombia in the B-ball thread), and I recommend to everyone to visit there if you ever get the chance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by steadyb:

One of the tunes I got to jam with them on was an amazing salsa version of "Black Dog" ...very cool.

Hey hey senorita, say the way you move...

Glad you're back. Did you bring us some drugs?

- Jeff

I am glad that you enjoyed Colombia but, if you liked it so much... you owe to yourself a trip to Brazil! :wave:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by Dreamer:

I am glad that you enjoyed Colombia but, if you liked it so much... you owe to yourself a trip to Brazil! :wave:

I almost got to do the Apple/Digi clinic in Rio in June, but unfortunately had a scheduling conflict, and didn't get to go (this year). Hopefully, next time.

Well if anyone ever gets to come here, please let me know, I'll buy you guys a beer. Or better still, the traditional local drink "Caipirinha" (ever heard of it? the local sugarcane spirit, sugar, ice and lemon). It would be nice to meet you personally for a change.
"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

Too late! I just came back last Sunday after spending two wonderful weeks in Brazil (Rio, Belo Horizonte, Foz do Iguaçù, Pantanal, Bonito, Sao Paulo). It was my fourth trip to Brazil in fourtheen months and every time I loved it!

I should be back next January, though....

Were are you exactly in Sao Paulo? (I have been both in Guarulhus and Congonhas, and a couple of times went also from one airport to the other)

Um abraço!

P.S.: I am more for soft drinks and Brazil has the best fruit juices I have ever tasted... :)

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Archived