Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comps - Volume 7/8

Dave Bryce

Music*aL sums up my feelings on the subject. These comp CD's should serve as a way of sharing our music with each other, not some venue for random musicians to have their stuff showcased. Members Only.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I even felt a little odd sending one in since I haven't been posting much lately
Don't worry, Jimmie - we all know you, or at least your political leanings!

I agree with keeping the submissions restricted to posters, or even regular lurkers. But how you can distinguish "us" from "them" is a real problem. I'd hate to see arguing over some new rule or rules about this issue.

But still, if someone has never posted, I can't see letting them in. Simple enough.

M Peasley

Dave,

I'm DTR's friend Steve. I've been reading - lurking :) - the forum for a while now, but this is my first post (actually it's my first post to any forum). I feel like I know many of you already. My mistake was not returning the favor and introducing myself. I apologize for this.

I should have posted an introduction before sending a submission, but the timing was such that DTR's shipment went out first. I can see why this was a mistake on my part and I apologize. My intent was and is to become involved in the forum, I just didn't want to miss the KC7/8 opportunity.

While I would certainly love to be on the compilation, creating friendships in the group is far more important to me. I completely respect your feelings and would gladly wait for a future compilation after I've had a chance to participate in the forum and get to know everyone. I'll leave it up to you.

I've always enjoyed reading the forum and look forward to being more involved and getting to know everyone better.

Best Regards,

Steve Rees

Well said Steve. I think I know enough (if that has impact on the decision) about you now to say c'mon aboard! :)

But I also agree that the focus should be on those that participate here. Not on random submissions. Why would I want to listen to the work of people I don't even know? ;)

Originally posted by BDS:

Dave,

I'm DTR's friend Steve. I've been reading - lurking :) - the forum for a while now, but this is my first post (actually it's my first post to any forum). I feel like I know many of you already. My mistake was not returning the favor and introducing myself. I apologize for this.

I should have posted an introduction before sending a submission, but the timing was such that DTR's shipment went out first. I can see why this was a mistake on my part and I apologize. My intent was and is to become involved in the forum, I just didn't want to miss the KC7/8 opportunity.

While I would certainly love to be on the compilation, creating friendships in the group is far more important to me. I completely respect your feelings and would gladly wait for a future compilation after I've had a chance to participate in the forum and get to know everyone. I'll leave it up to you.

I've always enjoyed reading the forum and look forward to being more involved and getting to know everyone better.

Steve -

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the non-lurking side of the forum.

My feeling on the subject of how to handle the submission is to say that you should consider participating in some of the active threads (and/or starting one or more of your own, if you'd like), and we'll take it from there.

The Introductions thread is a great place to start... ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Steve - Whatever the final decision is, you're more than welcome to join us here. Don't worry too much about the compilation. They come around often enough that you'll be able to participate soon. (I think this is the 4th since I showed up a little more than a year and a half ago)

Welcome Steve! Though I must say that, knowing now that you've been watching... reading... lurking... Well, I feel so... well.. so *dirty*!! :D:D:D

Your post alone shows you to be a man of honor. It'd be good to hear more from you in the various threads. Personally, I don't play too much in the gear threads, because I can't afford a gear habit, so I have to stay content with what I have, but I play in the theory threads, talking about other artists, music in general, gig stories, and of course football and any other off-topic waffle that shows up.. :)

As to the compilations, maybe it'd be good if you post some more, and I'm sure we'll all grow to know and love you, and fairly beg you to be in the compilations... :) I'll kindly defer to our esteemed moderator. Even if he is an Oakland and Philly fan. :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

With no implication of actual commitment, I may actually contribute something to this volume. Save your weasel-flake comments, please. I am truly interested in participating in this, and will do so unless my time gets so crunched between now and mid-March that I can't knock out one simple tune.

So, as far as I know, I'm in.

Probably.

:confused:;):wave:

dB

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

Dave, have you made any recent trips down to your post office box? I wanted to see if my CD made it.

Yep. Yours, DJDM's and the second mailing for DTR are all in.

The current list:

No Walls in the Wind dB

Wonderful High FrankieP

Centinela Gustrax

Just Hanging Jazzman

Monologue Jerry A

Overheard at the Bog DanS

The Circus Markyboard

Take the Lead JeffIrok

Change your Mind Phil OKeefe

The Journey Llarion

Removable Chassis - Astor

Chasing Kai RobT

Untitled - SteadyB

Porcupine Feet ksoper

Arc of Perception mpeasley

Maui Vice mojazz

How was I to know b_3guy

You Cant Do That Guitplayer

Lift Dafduc

Wednesday Marino

Almost What? Roland Genske

Stop The Noizz Music*al

Theme and Variations Lincoln Ross

Cirrus Jardini (DTR)

Selena Walks DJDM

Tell Me A Story - JimmieWannaB

Right now, there's 146 minutes worth of material - almost 2/12 hours worth of stuff... :eek:

Assuming tunes from Gulliver, PatAzz and Sruly are on the way, we are almost definitely now totally full on both discs.

It's gonna take a while for me to sort these into two volumes and sequence them into a workable order. Please be patient with me...

dB

Hey dB,

Glad you got the CD. :thu:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Right now, there's 146 minutes worth of material - almost 2/12 hours worth of stuff... :eek:

So which is it? 146 min or 10 min? (2/12x60=10 min) ;)

- DJDM

Originally posted by DJDM:

So which is it? 146 min or 10 min? (2/12x60=10 min) ;)

Neither, actually (even taking the typo into account :D ).

I had periodontal surgery yesterday and consequently have a painkiller or two in my system, which may have had a hand in causing me to read the total time incorrectly. :o

The actual total time right now is 1 hour and 47 minutes, not 147 minutes. So, right now, we're most likely looking at each disc having about an hour of material.

Dopey me (no pun intended)... :rolleyes:;)

dB

Get well, Dave. I had that done before. No fun. Fuzzy brain. I sent you a CD with some stuff on it. Lemme know when you get it via PM. Thanks!

Assuming tunes from Gulliver, PatAzz and Sruly are on the way, we are almost definitely now totally full on both discs.

dB

Dave, I'm sorry very much! :o (Can one say that way?)

Initially I had a plan to submit one older track that was composed and programmed in a sequencer several years ago. Recently I listened to it and thought that I have to rework it a bit. But I got too busy these days. So... I hope I'll be forgiven. But I'm very much - sorry! :wave:

I am back.

It's gonna take a while for me to sort these into two volumes and sequence them into a workable order. Please be patient with me...

dB

Man, I just appreciate the heck out you and the forum for giving folks like me an opportunity. Lord knows, Dave , taking something like this on could lead to major migraines. You've always shown a lot of grace and common sense in these matters.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by RobT:

Man, I just appreciate the heck out you and the forum for giving folks like me an opportunity. Lord knows, Dave , taking something like this on could lead to major migraines. You've always shown a lot of grace and common sense in these matters.

You're very kind to say so.

Thanks, Rob! :)

dB

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll second that! :thu:

Thanks Dave.

What he said!

Check out my band's site at:

The Key Components!

I agree with RobT as well; trying to mix a couple of tunes gives me a headache at times, let alone a large number...

Dave, you are Mr. Grace, indeed!

I am sending mine out today. Thank you for the hard work you do on these projects, amidst all the other stuff on your plate...

Roger

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Archived