Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comps - Volume 7/8

Dave Bryce

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gulliver:

If we go double this time and there is plenty of room, then maybe I can bring in that 5:30 piece? What do you think Dave?

Yeah, sure...why not....

30 seconds over this one time is okay, I guess.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dave, just noticed, the song title for my submission is "Just Hangin" slang for just hanging around. Or hangin-out.

I think I spelled it without the "g" on the end of the word.

Thanks Dave

Jazzman :cool:

Originally posted by Jazzman:

Dave, just noticed, the song title for my submission is "Just Hangin" slang for just hanging around. Or hangin-out.

I think I spelled it without the "g" on the end of the word.

No worries, George - we'll get those details sorted out later.

dB

I'm heading over to the post office in a bit and want to confirm that I have the correct address. I saw from another thread that it had changed from what's at the beginning of this one.

Dave Bryce

2060 E. Avenida de Los Arboles

#D669

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Originally posted by DJDM:

Hey dB,

The package with my CD is in the mail as of today. You should see it by the end of the week latest.

:thu:

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

I'm heading over to the post office in a bit and want to confirm that I have the correct address. I saw from another thread that it had changed from what's at the beginning of this one.

Dave Bryce

#D669

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Looks right to me, Ken...

dB

Originally posted by Soundscape Studios.:

Aaak! Am I too late??

I'v been really busy lately, and just remembered about this. I have a tune I produced for a Jewish artist which I could submit. Is there still space?

Yep. Bring it on...

March 15th deadline.

dB

Now ya got me worried dB....which is the correct address?

The one on page 1 of this thread:

Dave Bryce

PO Box 669

2060-D Avenida de los Arboles

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Or the one a few posts above this one:

Dave Bryce

#D669

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Or are they effectively the same? They have lots of elements in common.....

I sent my package to the first address - hope this was correct!

:DTR

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

Or are they effectively the same? They have lots of elements in common.....

They are indeed the same address. All other submissions sent to either one have gotten to me...

However, to be safe, I have just PM'd you my work address. Just send yours there.

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

In today (snip) ....and DTR.

dB

It actually arrived! You could knock me over with a feather....the one I pay big bucks to get there the next day gets lost forever, but the normal USPS cheepo service gets it there in less than a day....something's wrong with that! Never mind, at least it's there. Thanks for letting me know Dave. :thu:

Uh, just a thought Dave. Are there 2 CD's in the package from me (mine and my buddy Steve's) or just one? If there's only one CD then you have received my old version (finally) - if this is the case, just throw it away please - the real deal should arrive soon!

Cheers,

:DTR

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

Uh, just a thought Dave. Are there 2 CD's in the package from me (mine and my buddy Steve's) or just one? If there's only one CD then you have received my old version (finally) - if this is the case, just throw it away please - the real deal should arrive soon!

Only one CD.

Re: your friend Steve - I'm actually a tad uncomfortable having people who don't post submitting material. We had one such submission on the piano CD; and, honestly, it made me feel a bit weird. I never heard anything from the guy - the disc just showed up in my mailbox, and he didn't even order a copy of the finished CD.

My feeling on the subject is that these collections should be for people who post on the forum. We all kinda know each other from posting, and the original idea behind the comp CDs was for people who have become friends here to be able to hear each other's music.

Consequently, I believe that I'd prefer if Steve would introduce himself to us and participate a bit in some of the threads (or start some of his own, if he'd like) before sending in a submission for one of the comps.

However, my word is not law around here...what do the rest of you think about this?

dB

However, my word is not law around here...what do the rest of you think about this?

Hel-looooo?

No opinions?

Is this that delicate a question?

dB

I'll chime in.

Personally, I like the idea that those who frequent this board (even if it's ever so infrequently) get to have a Comp CD of their own. It gives the CDs a more personal feel, and there's a certain camaraderie present in these boards that is reflected in the compilations.

I think you said it well when you said:

We all kinda know each other from posting, and the original idea behind the comp CDs was for people who have become friends here to be able to hear each other's music.

My 2 cents.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

I tend to agree. I assume the compilations were originally devised to let forum members share their talent (or in my case lack thereof :D ). If so, it should continue. I even felt a little odd sending one in since I haven't been posting much lately.

Archived