Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comps - Volume 7/8

Dave Bryce

Cool! Thanks, Pat!

It's rreally beginning to look like we're going to two volumes. Al, you should probably send yours up as well... :thu:

Anyone else who has pieces in the works, feel free to send them up. The deadline is still March 15th, and we've apparently just gotten a whole lot more room.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

It's rreally beginning to look like we're going to two volumes. Al, you should probably send yours up as well... :thu:

Anyone else who has pieces in the works, feel free to send them up. The deadline is still March 15th, and we've apparently just gotten a whole lot more room.

dB

Hm... So, no style restrictions as always?

Can I submit (actually, sumbit ;) ) an instrumental piece that was done seven years ago using just one (Ensoniq TS-10) workstation?

I am back.

dB

I'll send mine again just in case Dave. I have a feeling USPS have totally lost my original shipment and it's never going to arrive. This also allows me the luxury to change one thing I didn't like about it.... :)

:DTR

Originally posted by Llarion:

dB,

Never showed huh? That's what I get for sending from work. We have a real problem in our mailroom. But you know what? I think you DO have a copy of the tune though! When I sent you a previous submission, I sent you a sampler CD of other stuff, and I think it's on it!

If you have that, take a look and let me know. I haven't changed the mix or anything. If not, let me know and I'll blow one out to you Monday...

Ogie dogie, joo god id, mang... :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by Gulliver:

Hm... So, no style restrictions as always?

Can I submit (actually, sumbit ;) ) an instrumental piece that was done seven years ago using just one (Ensoniq TS-10) workstation?

:thu:

dB

Dave:

This is just to confirm that I've sent an audio CD with my tune to your home address via snail ("Priority" :rolleyes: ) mail... So it't hopefully on its (slow) way to you. :)

I've called it "Wednesday", because it was done entirely on Wednesday, February 11th, from conception to end touches - except for mixing.

Carlo

I had sworn never to try and do two volumes at once again, because it's a ton of work. However, if there's that many submissions...maybe I'll pass one volume on to Bleen, and do the other one myself.

I'd be down with that.

Is there anyone else who'd participate if we keep accepting submissions until mid-March? Bleen, you said you might have something, right?
I could definitely have something by then. :thu:

Well, I found out why you didn't get my package; I'd dyslexic'ed the address numbers and it activated the boomerang chip.... Grrrrr...

Well, the new pack is en route... I enclosed some fun bonuses... :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Is there anyone else who'd participate if we keep accepting submissions until mid-March? Bleen, you said you might have something, right?
Dave, I could submit something by mid-March if there was any space left.

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Originally posted by Roger Hooper:

Dave, I could submit something by mid-March if there was any space left.
Bring it on, Rog... :thu:

dB

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

dB, any sign of my package at all? I'm going to complain to USPS tomorrow....

Didn't check today. I'll swing by tomorrow and have a look.

Bad news, Dave - it ain't here... :(

Dr. Genske - your tune has arrived safely.

dB

Since it appears that we're going to a second disc, I've got a piece I'd like to submit. It's titled "Weapons of Mass Production."

I want to be respectful of the members' feelings so if the political nature is a problem, I'll put something else together for the next compilation.

Here's an MP3 copy for review. Weapons of Mass Production

So... Vol7 and 8 are going to be a dual disk deal? I missed the announcement. What's the deadline now? Same rules apply to both volumes?

You've already got my Vol 7 submission and I'm not planning on asking for a second song, but I know someone else who posts here who thought Vol 7 was closed, so just in case he misses this, I'll pass the info along and have him send you something to see if you feel it's appropriate. It's B3 and piano based...

Dave,

I just sequenced a short piece that I call "Theme and Variations" which would probably fit in the classical genre and uses mostly string sounds plus a few other orchestral patches like oboe, brass, and tympani, but no actual keyboard sounds. Would this be appropiate for this compilation?

Thanks,

Lincoln

Originally posted by lrossmusic:

Dave,

I just sequenced a short piece that I call "Theme and Variations" which would probably fit in the classical genre and uses mostly string sounds plus a few other orchestral patches like oboe, brass, and tympani, but no actual keyboard sounds. Would this be appropiate for this compilation?

If it's original, under five minutes long and features keyboards/synths/samples, bring it on!

dB

Originally posted by lrossmusic:

Dave,

Thanks,

Lincoln

My piece is exactly like that... all fake orchestra, played on a keyboard of course, but no keyboard sounds per se. I guess we're both in or both disqualified... :D

Originally posted by Llarion:

Did my package arrive yet?

huh huh... he said "package"...

Yep. Got yours and Carlo's today. :thu:

21 tunes in:

No Walls in the Wind dB

Wonderful High FrankieP

Centinela Gustrax

Just Hanging Jazzman

Monologue Jerry A

Overheard at the Bog DanS

The Circus Markyboard

Take the Lead JeffIrok

Change your Mind Phil OKeefe

The Journey Llarion

Removable Chassis - Astor

Chasing Kai RobT

Untitled - SteadyB

Porcupine Feet ksoper

Arc of Perception mpeasley

Maui Vice mojazz

How was I to know b_3guy

You Cant Do That Guitplayer

Lift Dafduc

Wednesday - Marino

Almost What? - Roland Genske

Total time - 86 minutes

Griffinator is supposed to get me his Michelin Man tune...don't know what happened to him...

dB

Archived