Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2004 Predictions

b3keys

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooops! Forgot to add mine. Here they are:

Korg - new workstation

Hammond - will release clones based on last year's $25,000 "new" B-3

Roland - maybe a VR-610 smaller version of the VR-760 or a new hammond clone

Roland should also be releasing a successor the the JV/XV line. overdue.

Yamaha - support devices for Motif ES

What are your predictions?

Here are some wish list items:

- Yamaha Motif ES76 with fully weighted, balanced action keys or Yamaha Motif ESRack.

- Nord Lead Electro, which combines the functionality, sounds and user interface of the Nord Lead 3 and the Nord Electro (plus real drawbars) in one keyboard. User's choice of 61, 73 or 88 note keyboards.

Regards,

Eric

seems pretty certain that waldorf will announce an XT replacement.

seems likely that novation will announce a supernova 2 replacement.

seems like a 'maybe' that korg will do something diff. with the triton.

unlikelys are yamaha, roland, clavia and kurzweil - new stuff is still coming out from them.

seems 'likely' that i could be wrong on everything.

What I'd love to see....

- A software Neuron (Yeah, I know :D )

- A complete version of that CA5000 software - with the hope that it's good, too :)

- The most important... A Yamaha master keyboard/digital piano with 76 FULLY WEIGHTED KEYS, wheels, aftertouch, good MIDI, weighting less than 32 lbs. or so. I would buy it the same day!

- A new version of the K2600R with a (further)drop in price ;)

- The Nord Modular G2. I'm not crazy for the Clavia sound, but they seem to have made everything right with this one. I'd like to give it a try.

- A software version of the Rhodes Chroma. Um, well... thinking again, better not to insult it that way...! :D:D

- A Generalmusic piano module with the sounds of the ProMega.

- The new Korg workstaz..z..zzzzzzzzzz :freak::D

- etc. etc.

Kurzweil 2700

An Emu command station with sampling.

Yamaha Motif ES Rack

A new Korg VA. Not just the new MS2000 with a new paint job.

A new Roland beat box.

A new Novation VA keyboard. The KS4 and KS5 seem to have been jerked from the market.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Here are my predictions:

I predict that Alesis will finally release its long awaited ADAT for $4,000 per unit, bringing semi-affordable digital recording to the masses.

I predict that E-mu will break its word to never release a follow-up to its E-III. The new unit, dubbed the E-IV, will leapfrog the competition with a whopping 128 voices of polyphony and 128 MB of RAM! :eek: RAM's not cheap though, so fully loaded, the unit should cost around eight grand!

I predict that Yamaha will come up with their first physical modeling keyboard. It should have about two notes of polyphony and cost about $5,000.

I predict that Korg will announce its own physical modeling keyboard and call it the OASYS. It should have a lot more power than Yamaha's unit, but they'll either have to sell it for $10,000 or wait five or six years until they can sell it for an affordable price.

I predict that Digidesign will up the track count of Pro Tools to 24. I don't know how stable it will be though. The hard drive costs alone for that many tracks should be quite expensive! Pro Tools is the future, but I think Alesis has the better idea for now. Digidesign's more cost effective Session 8 might be good for editing though. I predict that Digidesign will soon port Session 8 to the Mac and that newcomers Emagic will be the first third-party developers to support the Session 8 NuBus card with their 2.0 version of Logic Audio.

I predict that MOTU will try their hand at an audio interface and call it the Waveboard. They have what it takes to do a good job, but I don't think they'll succeed with this attempt.

I predict that Opcode will release a version of Studio Vision with a new feature called MIDI-To-Audio/Audio-To-MIDI allowing the user to use MIDI data to edit audio and vice versa. How cool is that? :thu:

I predict that I will buy a lot of gear in 1994! :D

;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I predict that ...

- "New" Roland and Korg romplers will show a huge improvement in feature/price ratio.

- We'll see more combination architecture stuff like the V-synth, though I'm not sure from whom.

I hope that ...

- Somebody other than Clavia also releases a hardware digital synth with a modular signal path ... whether or not it uses traditional analog language as a metaphor.

- See more digital I/O on synths.

- We see new paradigms of synthesis being developed.

I predict that ...

- The fact that we at KC are talking about winter NAMM in september portends something truly earthshaking for western society. We will hear Bing Crosby and see Christmas trees in our stores by Halloween, perhaps.? ;):D

Jerry

I predict that there will be a really large, annoying drum circle between the convention center and the Hilton that I'll need to walk around to get to the bar.

I predict that Dave Bryce will be running around complaining that he's missing an NFL conference championship game on Sunday evening. Nah, he'll figure out a way to see it.

I predict that on that same Sunday morning, I'll see a lot of cranky people with bad hangovers.

I predict that many booths will be smaller than last year's show.

I predict that there will be a nasty argument in an aisle between a woman with an SPL meter and a guy holding an acoustic guitar saying, "It is not over 85dB! It can't be!"

I predict that there will still be guys wearing spandex and big hair attempting to get free stuff from companies.

Finally, I predict that there will be lots of balding guys with grey ponytails, wearing button-down shirts with logos on the left chest.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

Finally, I predict that there will be lots of balding guys with grey ponytails, wearing button-down shirts with logos on the left chest.

- Jeff

http://pyracy.com/forums/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Here are my predictions:

I predict that Opcode will release a version of Studio Vision with a new feature called MIDI-To-Audio/Audio-To-MIDI allowing the user to use MIDI data to edit audio and vice versa. How cool is that? :cry::freak:

TROLL . . . ish.

In my crystal ball I see:

More mLan products will be announced.

Vaporware products can be seen here and there.

More digital guitars will be on display. (Yawn)

Useable music software for Linux will appear. Hardware manufacturers will make vague promises regarding linux drivers for their products.

Track or treat? http://www.garbage-house.com/pictures/freaks-images/eck-s-animated.gif

Originally posted by Boggs:

I predict Carvin will have a new preamp or amp with strong influence from Frank Gambale. No, I have no inside information. Boggs

Boggs,

It figures that you could work a Carvin reference into a Keyboard Corner thread. :D

(My fellow Rochestertian Boggs doesn't work for Carvin. He's just addicted to their gear.)

I would like to see Roland produce a VariOS keyboard to go along with the module, complete with a control panel of sliders, knobs and buttons reminiscent of the lovely JP-8000. Since they model a JP-8 in it, I would like to see a five octave keyboard, and with polypressure if they would, please. It's about time someone brings this feature back to synthesizers. We have the technology. I would also like to see it compatible with VSTi softsynths, or license people like Arturia to produce their softsynths for the instrument. Just imagine the Moog Modular V and CS80 nestled beside the Jupiter 8, with a raft of panel controls to manipulate parameters in real time. I think that would give virtually any virtual analog a run for its money.
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived