Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2004 Predictions

b3keys

I predict Korg will come out with a combo keyboard with the CX-3 organ sound/drawbars, Triton electric pianos, the Bosendorfer piano board, and the Triton effects processor in a 76 key balanced-weighted keyboard (like the N1). For under $2000.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see-

Kurzweil will improve V.A.S.T. by releasing FlashRom updates to V.A.S.T.E.R. and V.A.S.T.E.S.T

Korg will jump from their touchscreens to smell controllers.

Roland will introduce the Button Box- press the only button on the instrument and it lays out a complete rap or hiphop song for you.

Native Instruments will release VVA's...Virtual Virtual Instruments including emulations of the FM7, B4, and Reaktor.

Behringer, in finding that their newest mixer is a patent infringement of another of their mixers will take themselves to court.

The major guitar manufacturers have already secretly met and decided to stop production as no one really knows how to play anymore anyways.

On a lighter note the RIAA will start executing people found humming copyrighted material :)

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

I just wanted to bump this to the top, and see if I can get some of our illustrious class members to add to this, as I love hearing what other people think, as we do drive the industry to an extent. Plus it would be nice if some of our insiders would tickle our ears with a hint of things to come... not that we would spread rumors or anything...
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by Darkon the Incandescent:

Let's see-

Kurzweil will improve V.A.S.T. by releasing FlashRom updates to V.A.S.T.E.R. and V.A.S.T.E.S.T

Korg will jump from their touchscreens to smell controllers.

Roland will introduce the Button Box- press the only button on the instrument and it lays out a complete rap or hiphop song for you.

Native Instruments will release VVA's...Virtual Virtual Instruments including emulations of the FM7, B4, and Reaktor.

Behringer, in finding that their newest mixer is a patent infringement of another of their mixers will take themselves to court.

The major guitar manufacturers have already secretly met and decided to stop production as no one really knows how to play anymore anyways.

On a lighter note the RIAA will start executing people found humming copyrighted material :)

Darkon the Incandescent

:D:D:D LOL!

• 3 months later...

I predict more USB 2 interfaces.

I would like to see streamlined 61/76 key usb powered controllers that are also audio interfaces. They need a bunch of slideres, endless turning data knobs, and...uh... a jog/shuttle wheel :D

Day

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Originally posted by humannoyed:

I predict more USB 2 interfaces.

I would like to see streamlined 61/76 key usb powered controllers that are also audio interfaces. They need a bunch of slideres, endless turning data knobs, and...uh... a jog/shuttle wheel :D

Day

I would like to see the same thing as well but with one difference-- Firewire not USB
This way, no, wait, that way!

Winter NAMM '04 Predictions:

I predict that Gemini Audio will have the best "Booth Bunnies"... "psst..Flipper..."

I predict at least three drunken brawls at the Anaheim Hilton bar by 11PM Saturday night.

I predict there will be no available parking spaces in the City of Anaheim after 10 AM on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

I predict the Anaheim convention center will have over priced pizza and Hot dogs that will give me heartburn...and overpriced "pre-owned" beer to wash it down.

I predict at least one has been rock star will be hanging around the St. Louis Music booth trying to look like he did in the early '80's. He will throw a temper tantrum when no one seems to notice him. No one will care.

I predict at least one thousand Japanese "salarymen" will invade the nearest "strip crub" to see "ahhh, big American Breasts"!!!

I predict at least one major manufacturer will display and take orders for a product that will never actually ship.

I predict at least one booth in hall E will hold a vendor who has no business being at NAMM.

I predict at least one major guitar manufacturer will hold an after hours noodle fest, which will escape the attention of the taste police. It will escalate into the musical equivalent of a cockfight, with more notes per second than could be produced by a partical beam accelerator.

I predict some boring old fart will be playing "when the saints go marching in" at the Rodgers organ booth.

Do I really need to go on....

"My kids ask me if was ever in the war... I tell them I'm a NAMM vet."

Originally posted by peake@pacificnet.net:

[QB]zeronyne, why is the demon in your avatar licking a giant toothbrush?

[QB]

LOL! That's what I'm going to call my reverse headstock guitars now - toothbrushes.

:D

"For instance" is not proof.

• 2 months later...

Archived