Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something You Can Do for MusicPlayer.com

Regulars will remember the discussions we've had of how to keep these boards going...some were even kind enough to offer contributions, because they know entities that don't make money don't last very long. We didn't take you up on it, but the thought was certainly appreciated. Well, now there's something you *can* do: buy a calendar. Think of it like one of those PBS deals where you send 'em some bucks, they stay on the air, and you get a goodie in appreciation. There are currently two calendars, one with really great pix of legendary guitarists, and another one with bassists. They're about $18 including shipping, and you can order them from http://store.yahoo.com/musicplayergroup/ Okay, so I'm shilling for the site. No, I don't get anything from this, but any sales will help keep the servers humming just that much longer. So here's your chance to get a cool present for some guitar- or bass-playing friend AND help out your favorite cyber-hangout for musicians while you're at it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a problem Craig. I think any time things look pretty dim, we can have one of these fundraising things to keep it going. I know I wouldn't mind at all. This place is too cool, I'm sure we all can find a way to keep it going. Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Man, who decides the guitar players? It's cool though, and I'll try to pick one up. Right now I'm burning the candle at both ends. Could I suggest a musicplayer coffee mug? Do you already have 'em?

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Success of the calendar program could determine the future for mugs, t-shirts, etc. Please support this effort -- Craig's right, it does make a difference! Thanks, DJ ********************************* Dendy Jarrett Creative Director- Music Gear Network Executive Editor - Music Gear Online Forum Moderator/Administrator-MusicPlayer.com ********************************* Music Gear Network - Nashville Office Music Player Network- Nashville Office 615-885-6464 fax djarrett@musicplayer.com nashvilledrummer@comcast.net djarrett@geargenie.com *********************************

[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]Man, who decides the guitar players? It's cool though, and I'll try to pick one up. Right now I'm burning the candle at both ends. Could I suggest a musicplayer coffee mug? Do you already have 'em?[/b][/quote]And, for your pledge of $50 or more, we'll also send you this wonderful "musicplayer.com" tote bag! Hey, gotta wait 'til payday...but I'm in...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

The thing that seems weird though is that it kinda has limited appeal to the people on these forums, being that it's just guitar and bass players. I guess it's easier/cheaper to print something though; I'm sure you all discussed your options till you were blue in the face. :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]<> Well, we couldn't get permission to use the nude photos of Bob Moog, so we had to go with what we had . But don't forget, there ARE bass and guitar forums here...good ones, too.[/b][/quote]Damn, I was hoping for the nude version of the Nuendo user's group photo. :p

<> Well, in an existential sense, they're always in danger of being turned off because this thing isn't making any money, but they're always likely to stay on because everybody involved recognizes how cool this site is...so really, the reason why I'm pushing calendars is not to keep the servers from being turned off, but to make sure they stay on...a fine point of differentiation, but an important one. And tell your friends! If we can sell a couple thousand of these suckers it would *really* help the cause.

Yeah the calendar -for me- would be more like something you get when you make a charitable contribution. T-shirts and sweatshirts would be really cool. On one site (I forget which one), I saw a really cool 'Moog Music' T-shirt. Stuff like that I'd buy from Music Player without being prompted about 'supporting the cause'. Cool clothes that you can't get just anywhere. I could see stuff like that selling. C'mon! You guys got good connections! Make a phone call or something and let's get some 'Moog' T-shirts, and other cool stuff like that! :bor: , I think they would probably sell pretty good. Lots of people who come here are not professionals. Many are just learning and would probably benefit from some choice instructional material. The cool thing is that it would be a Win-Win scenario: People come here, help support the site by purchasing instructional stuff, and then log on later to discuss the techniques, gear, and other related stuff -which is also good for the site because it keeps the dialog moving and more on-topic (hopefully). And this could apply to all of the forums, not just SSS Maybe we could even produce some of it ourselves. The proceeds could go to fund the site -less a cut for the time and effort on the part of the producers (this ISN'T a Not-for-Profit after all). In the final analysis, I gather that the purpose of MusicPlayer.com is to sell magazines. I don't know if it is intended to be a hang for subscribers to talk shop, or if it is intended as a promo to get you hooked so you'll eventually become a subscriber? Either way, one thing this site has that the magazines don't is that it is 'interactive'. Magazines have 'in-depth' articles which you aren't going to really find here online. Multimedia instructional material might be a missing link which helps tie both elements together, and does it in a way that the printed word cannot. By the way, I get a consulting fee if my idea ends up happening... :cool: I'm cheap, but I ain't free... :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Count me in. I've been in other boards (not necessarily musical ones) before, and I understand the value of having something to work with, as well as having something available to one within the musical industry whether it be professional or non-professional as well. Keep up the good work.

Erlic

Craig, [quote] Well, we couldn't get permission to use the nude photos of Bob Moog, so we had to go with what we had [/quote]LOL LOL This one got me. I am looking forward to the ALL NUDE rock guitar calander coming soon. :freak:

Anything to keep the lights on! It'll have to wait until payday tho'. I guess this'll be my Christmas present to myself.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

As you guys might know people in the U.S. spend more money each year on calendars than they do on music related purchases (gear, etc.) so this is a great way to raise money. I had an idea to sell the FMR Really Nice Compressors door to door if we could get a good deal on them but the calendars will sell better. [i]Sample conversation[/i] Good morning, I'm trying to raise money for MusicPlayer.com and we're selling these really nice compressors. Is anyone in your home a musician? OK bye.

My only thing is ... How will the powers that be know that the calander was perchased by forum members? Is there some kind of tracking in place? I'm planning on putting one on my Xmas list, but it would be cool if we could show our support, and have the Musicplayer people know that we care enough to make the effort to support them for supporting us.
I really don't know what to put here.

Just ordered two. Would rather have seen photos of either home studios or full production facilities or nicely typed record/mix/master tips but I couldn't refuse an opportunity to be supportive of these forums. (Actually, I'd have rather seen nude shots of Ashley on every page!!!) ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Archived