Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why am I continually less impressed with the Triton?

Blues Disciple

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

easy to do when you see keyboard heros like Rick Wakeman using Tritons.

Keyboard hero? More like keyboard wanker. :rolleyes:

In any case, if the presets aren't satisfying you, do some research on the net and find new ones. There are hundreds of other sounds to download, including the improved presets from the Triton LE and Triton Studio.

I'm amazed at the number of people who whine about presets but haven't bothered to try any other sounds that are readily available.

SILLY WABBIT

A lot of this comes down to personal taste. A lot of it depends on the type of music you play. I've heard some of Steve's music, and I can't really hear a Korg in there. No knock on Korgs; for somebody else's project, they may work fine.

The best advice I've ever heard regarding synths is that its best to mix brands. That way, you can use the unique characteristics of each brand to its best advantage. Unfortunately, I failed to follow this advice and ended up with a stack of Rolands at one point. Everything sounded to thin and wimpy and tinny! Then I added a K2000; it blew me away with its warmth. Then I added a Triton, and it gave me so much more warmth and detail that I no longer felt any use for the Kurz except for an occasional "old favorite" patch or sample.

I think Rabid is really on the money here. Korgs and Rolands have very complimentary sounds. Look at Walter Afanasief's rig - Tritons and XV-5080's. They work really well together. Trying to do a project solely on one or the other will expose the inherent limitations of each machine.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Who was that first guy that decided to try some cheese? Hats off to that adventurous soul!

- Jeff

I'm not sure, but he was probably French, and surrendering to someone at the time.

..Joe

looks like we have a clone on our hands!!! :) WAR Joe Freakin Gerardi :P:D

Originally posted by schmoron13:

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Who was that first guy that decided to try some cheese? Hats off to that adventurous soul!

- Jeff

I'm not sure, but he was probably French, and surrendering to someone at the time.

..Joe

looks like we have a clone on our hands!!! :) WAR Joe Freakin Gerardi :P:D
Sincerely,

Schmoronthal :D

Stephen LeBlanc said:

I don't like any sound that comes out of any Korg synth...never have...simple as that.

You know, I used to feel the exact same way.

Then I got a Korg OASYS**. :D

** the Triton-sample-based sounds on the OASYS are still wack though...I like the VA, FM and physical modeling sounds.

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

I have discovered yet another reason I continue to be less impressed with the Triton: The screws on the bottom of the Triton make it impossible to stack it on top of my Hammond C3. I tried it last night and it wobbled like a toddler just taking his first steps. Although it is wider than the C3, if it didn't have those screws sticking out on the bottom it would've been stable enough to stack. Instead I had to go back to my ancient Ensoniq and the aforementioned Rolands. (I like the sound of these, but it involves three more power cords and four more patch cords (2 to each volume pedal and two to the amp)and is much too cumbersome.

UGGH!

BD

"With the help of God and true friends I've come to realize, I still have two strong legs and even wings to fly" Gregg Allman from "Ain't Wastin Time No More"

Originally posted by Blues Disciple:

I have discovered yet another reason I continue to be less impressed with the Triton: The screws on the bottom of the Triton make it impossible to stack it on top of my Hammond C3. I tried it last night and it wobbled like a toddler just taking his first steps. Although it is wider than the C3, if it didn't have those screws sticking out on the bottom it would've been stable enough to stack.

I can think of at least two or three ways to solve that problem. Easiest one: rubber feet

If cheese was that important we'd be blaming a war on it.

I've never been nutz over my Tri. Wish I never gave my O1W away. I think I'm gonna get an S90 or a Motif Module and some other piano. But I ain't givin' the triton away. Nope..it's stayin right here till somebody comes in an' spills mustard on it...then...I'm not sure what I'll do.

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

I don't like any sound that comes out of any Korg synth...never have...simple as that.

:eek::eek::P

;)

I agree, I never liked Korg!

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Archived