Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Why they're delayed...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jackpine:

My gut says, just go with it. It looks pretty damn good.

Sorry about the delay in responding - I was in Indiana for a few days.

My $.02 - go with your gut. I trust your instincts, Jim.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Jim, I'm sorry to read about the loss of your friend! :(

Please take however much time you need.

You have my deepest condolences

Fully agreed.

One additional note - I noticed that I don't have Ian Dixon's mailing address, and he paid for three CDs. Ian, if you're reading this, please email me or Jim your address so we can get you your discs.

Thanks!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

[QB

One additional note - I noticed that I don't have Ian Dixon's mailing address, and he paid for three CDs. Ian, if you're reading this, please email me or Jim your address so we can get you your discs.

Thanks!

dB[/QB]

Done

Ian

Originally posted by jackpine:

Well...... That's it.

They are in the mail(all except for the multiple orders, they'll go out on Monday).

I ran an extra 5 copies... so if anyone else wants in, this is your last chance.

Dave, I'll let you know what my cost's were in a few days.... I'm tired.

Whew...

Thanks, Jim. You're a superstar!

DTR, check your PM.

BTW, Electric Rercords has still not returned our money. If it's not back by Tuesday, I'm actually going to ask as many of you as are willing to do so to call them up and request that they not steal our cash, or bring any more unhappiness to us than they have already. Perhaps having 40+ folks bring pressure on them will have an effect... :rolleyes:

dB

Dave, just post their e-mail address right here.

I'll let them learn a few "not so nice" Estonian words (translated in English, of course :D ).

And guys, (Dave, Steve, Jim...) many kudos to you for your hard extra work! :thu:

I am back.

Jim, thanks for the hard work, especially on such short notice. I don't know how big Electric Records is , but maybe they have to wait for a "check run" before they are able to return our money. If they were so quick to return the master & graphic cd's, I'm sure their intention is to return our money. If not I'm willing to send another $10. Thanks again for your efforts!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Thanks for keeping us posted guys. I for one am willing to help defray costs. I am also willing to let "Electric Records" know of my displeasure at their fraudulent business practices. Email address or phone number...either one will do.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by steadyb:

So the Vol 4 CD is delayed...? :confused:

Yes, it is.

If you seriously want to know more, please read the thread.

If you're just kidding, you might not want to do that on this topic. I'm more than a little irritated by the series of events surrounding this.

Thanks,

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Thanks, guys...

I'll let you know tomorrow whether we need to...ahhh...inform them of our collective displeasure.

dB

I rather enjoy standing on people's desks, or as the need may be, giving them a dose of patented AcetyleneMail. I've gotten quite good at it.

Let us know. :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I'm afraid that I haven't been following this thread, as when last I checked it was just a matter of patience and time. Apparently, somewhere along the line things went amok.

I don't need to know all of the details; just let me know if I need to chip in another ten-spot (a bargain to be a part of this project, as I see it).

Thanks!!!!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

I don't need to know all of the details; just let me know if I need to chip in another ten-spot (a bargain to be a part of this project, as I see it).

Thanks!!!!

Me too.

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

You guys are great.

Heather Burns ignored my email yesterday. I sent it from my AOL account directly to her AOL account, so I know that she definitely read it. She is the lady with whom we have been dealing all along, and to say that she has been less than honest would be an understatement.

I called today, and was told that she is not taking any calls, nor was John Nasser (the owner) available. I was told by a lady named Melanie that she would absolutely send the money out today and that I'd have it tomorrow.

I somehow doubt that... :rolleyes:

Heather's email address is:

Heat 900@aol.com

Electric Records also has an AOL account:

Electricrecords@aol.com

Electric Records phone number is:

(800) 367-1084.

I can't actually ask any of you to contact them; however, if you think that's something you'd like to do (since it's your money as well as mine that they're holding), please feel free to do so.

I will inform you guys tomorrow if the money actually shows. If you'd like to wait until then, do so. If you feel a need to call or email them today, I'd say go ahead and do that too.

They do not know that Jackpine has been kind enough to finish the project - as far as they know, it is still on hold while we wait for our money (which was in fact the case the last time they took a phone call from me).

I would really rather retrieve the cash from them if it's at all possible, so I request that no one do anything that will burn any bridges. Yet.

Thanks, guys!

dB

Damn, this thread is unbelieveable!

I have to agree with Steve on the check run issue. I work for a huge corp. and accounts payable/receivable can only cut and distribute checks for a very limited time frame each month for accounting purposes. I can't imagine a company being stupid enough to piss off clients of Dave's stature who, may I add, has already used them for the previous runs! At the green light -I will shoot off an email (using all my nasty 7 letter scrabble words) but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in the meantime. I'm more than willing to contribute whatever is necessary to get this project done regardless of the Electric-fiasco-finale. Sorry you have to go through this crap right before your big show, Dave.

I'm inclined to let the water run under the bridge and move forward. Sometimes you have to chalk an unpleasant event up to experience. If you let idiots stress you out, you're ruining your health over an issue that, in the grand scheme of things, is really fairly trivial.

If we recoup, we recoup. If we don't, we move forward anyway and give these bozos bad publicity whenever we can. It's not worth having a stroke over this.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by astor*:

I have to agree with Steve on the check run issue. I work for a huge corp. and accounts payable/receivable can only cut and distribute checks for a very limited time frame each month for accounting purposes. I can't imagine a company being stupid enough to piss off clients of Dave's stature who, may I add, has already used them for the previous runs!

Uh-huh.

Okay, well then, how do you explain them ignoring my emails, refusing to take phone calls and lying to me? I've been told twice that the check would be cut immediately and sent right out to me - if this was a check run issue, wouldn't they just tell me that?

In a letter that Ms. Burns sent me on January 3rd, she said (and I quote):

"I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and delays that we have caused you. I am going to pack your job back to you along with a check for the amount of a full refund. "

The CDs showed up two days later, but she conventiently forgot to put the check in. I called her right away, and she said, "Whoops! My mistake...it'll go out right away". No check. The woman I spoke with this morning didn't seem at all surprised that I didn't get it. She also never bothered to ask my address...

You do the math.

While I do allow for the possibility that the money will show up, if it does I'll be quite surprised.

dB

Archived