Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

COVER CD: Ready to rock!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by soapbox:

Speaking of Beatles cover CDs, has anyone heard the soundtrack of I Am Sam ? It has some cool remakes of Beatles tunes, and it's a good film as well!

Yes! I bought the CD a few weeks ago for a long drive. It's outstanding. High points: Aimee Mann/Michael Penn (a touching version of "Two of Us"), Ben Harper, Ben Folds (though he should have covered "Lady Madonna" - he could've ripped through that piano part), and Rufus Wainwright. Only track I completely dislike is Chocolate Genius' take on "Julia".

Originally posted by Tusker:

Can I get a copy of this CD, Dave? Can you tell me how I can pay for it?

If you want one (or more), please send $10 USD per copy to:

Dave Bryce

PMB 669

2060-D Avenida de los Arboles

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Please also include the address to which you would like the CD(s) sent.

I have figured shipping into the price.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Would anybody NOT be into doing a Beatles cover CD?

dB

Yeap. That would be ME.

How about a Kraftwerk / Depeche Mode Cover Album? :D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I'm sorry I'm a little late posting but I had clients (Damn them pesky clients interrupting my personal stuff with business) come in this pm. To view the cover of the Cornered & Covered Compilation CD go here

I tried to get it to show in the thread, but I couldn't get it to work maybe Steve Leblanc could or someone equally as capable could fix this. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

I'm sorry I'm a little late posting but I had clients (Damn them pesky clients interrupting my personal stuff with business) come in this pm. To view the cover of the Cornered & Covered Compilation CD go here

I tried to get it to show in the thread, but I couldn't get it to work maybe Steve Leblanc could or someone equally as capable could fix this. Let me know what everyone thinks.

the link is not working. Steve...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Excellent work, brother Steve. As usual. http://www.grillsportverein.de/smilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif

Did I mention that you rock?

Lemme know when you're ready to send the art off to Heather (same place as before), and I'll ship her a mastered disc.

dB

Originally posted by Llarion:

You mean like this?

Looks GREAT...

Thanks for the help & the compliment, Phil.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Excellent work, brother Steve. As usual. Did I mention that you rock?

Lemme know when you're ready to send the art off to Heather (same place as before), and I'll ship her a mastered disc.

dB

Thanks. I'll be ready on Mon. I have a booklet for a client that I'm trying to finish right now. I should be able to finish the CD liner on the weekend. I'll post the artists stuff in this thread after I get it in the Quark file. When I finish I'll upload my files to an iDisk. Heather or someone at Heather's company can download them from it. So if you are talking to them ask them if this OK. So you could send your master to them now. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks again!

Steve

I'm very excited - I'm sure it's going to be great!

I've been on tour, so I didn't read the forum for 3 or 4 days, but if it isn't too late I would like to use my real name, Carlo Mezzanotte, on the CD, rather than Marino. If the game is over already, no prob anyway.

Also - shouldn't it be "The Keyboard Corner Compilations vol. III" then "Covered and Cornered" as a kind of subtitle? I thought we had already done vol. I and II... :)

Anyway, I can't wait! I'll send the money to Dave ASAP.

Carlo

Originally posted by marino:

Also - shouldn't it be "The Keyboard Corner Compilations vol. III" then "Covered and Cornered" as a kind of subtitle? I thought we had already done vol. I and II... :)

Anyway, I can't wait! I'll send the money to Dave ASAP.

Carlo

Good point. I thought it would Volume I of cover tunes persuming there will be Volume II of covers, etc. I could change it. Let me know.

Steve

Originally posted by marino:

Carlo

Good point. I thought it would Volume I of cover tunes persuming there will be Volume II of covers, etc. I could change it. Let me know.
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that we should go with Carlo's suggestion. Let's call this one Vol. III, if it's not a hassle for you. Steve.

BTW, did you get my email?

dB

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that we should go with Carlo's suggestion. Let's call this one Vol. III, if it's not a hassle for you. Steve.

BTW, did you get my email?

dB

No hassle to change it. I just read your email & have replied. I will try to finish the files tonight.

Steve

I've uploaded the changes in the new cover. Maybe Phil or someone can make it show up in the thread. I did empty my Explorer cache & the new one showed up then it's gone back to the 1st version. I'm not that swift when it comes to this internet shit, although I manage, I find it frustrating.

Steve

I've uploaded the changes in the new cover. Maybe Phil or someone can make it show up in the thread

Done.

Steve, the word "Compilation" looks kinda like it's a part of the title to me. Maybe you could change it so the word "Compilation" isn't the same color as "Cornered and Covered", and /or change the font size on one of 'em. Another suggestion might be to move the title away from the word "Compilation"...

Just a suggestion,

dB

Thank you, Steve... :D

Other thoughts:

1) On the first disc you did Volumes 1 & 2, but on this one you went to Roman numerals with Volume III...do you wanna stay consistent? Your call...

2) Maybe you could try changing the color of the words Covered and Cornered. The reason that I suggest that is because right now it looks a touch like it might be Cornered and Covered Volume III because of their order, and that they're the same color. We don't want to move where the Volume III is, because I'm thinking that we want to be consistent across the series (am I being too anal? ;) ), so I'm thinking that if you change the color of Covered and Cornered, then the word Compilations and the Volume III would be the same color, and the title of the CD would be a different color.

Do you think that'd work/be a good idea?

I am perfectly satisfied to do whatever you think is best, even if it stays as is - it looks great right now. I'm just playing with ideas. I hope I'm not being a pain...

dB

I did have the number 3 instead of III, but I thought it looked funny, but I will change it back to Volume 3. I will also color it white like we have on the 1st CD. In the 1st CD I had Volomes I & II but I thought it looked funny so I went with 1&2. Interesting. . .

I'll change the color of Cornered & Covered. I just picked red because it was the only color that would pop off of the multi-colored painting in the background. With another color I'll have to use a white see cloud (like what's behind Compilations) to make it readable & pop. Stay tuned.

Steve

I've edited it. The Volume 3 could not be white because you couldn't read it against the background, even with a white cloud behind it. So red works best. I'll be gone for a couple of hours. I'll check back in by 11:00am EST. If I don't hear from anyone I will just proceed with the rest of the liner. I won't be sending the files until at least Tues. but I think it will be Wed they go.

Steve

As I'm completing the liner, I realize that we don't have as much text as we did on the previous CD. It looks kind of empty. Even on the previous one we didn't have much to say. So I'm calling on all of you creative geniuses to come up with something to put on the inside 2 panels. It has been my experience that when it comes to something like this you can never have too much prose. So all you guys that have the gift of writing/gab, where are you????

Steve

Here is the final line up for the CD. I've gone thru the thread & hopefull have picked up any changes. Please let me if there is anything further.

1. BuckTunes Funeral For A Friend (4:49) Originally by Elton John

2. Gulliver No More I love yous (4:48) Originally by Annie Lennox

3. Carlo Mezzanotte Prelude and Fugue in D Major (3:36) Originally by J. S. Bach

4. BurningBusch Deja Vu (4:13) Originally by The Lover Speaks

5. Steve Jordan Love the One Youre With (4:19) Originally by Steven Stills

6. Paul III Canadian Sunset (3:50) Originally by Frankie Carl

7. bg Proclamation (6:45) Originally by Gentle Giant

8. Laurie Z What Child Is This (3:04) Traditional

9. Dan South Walking on the Moon (4:46) Originally by The Police

10. Mark Zeger This is not America (3:07) Originally by Metheny/Mays/Bowie

11. PatAzz Streetbeater (3:35) Originally by Quincy Jones

12. GusTraX Night Birds (3:56) Originally by Shakatak

13. Dano Heartbreaker (2:28) Originally by The Rolling Stones

14. Phil Traynor Children of Sanchez (4:57) Originally by Chuck Mangione

15. Bobro La Steaua (Towards the Star) (3:10) Originally by Nicolae Bretan