Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Year's Hall of Fame Class

IN: the Police, Elvis Costello and the Attractions AC/DC, the Clash, the Righteous Brothers OUT: ABBA,the Patti Smith Group, Chic, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Dells, the Sex Pistols, the MC5, Kraftwerk, and Steve Winwood

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm happy about Elvis Costello and the Attractions - I'm a big fan !!! Great bass lines!! I know much has been made about Sabbath not getting in. I don't get it - they should be in !! I don't care if any of the band shows up for the award or not, they should be in. Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by Tom Capasso: [b]I'm happy about Elvis Costello and the Attractions - I'm a big fan !!! Great bass lines!![/b][/quote]Ah, yet another feud to deal with at the ceremony... But then again, a little venom might be just the thing for people who miss the skinny Elvis, you know?

Im sorry, but wether you like Black Sabbath or not, they have contributed more to rock music than ANY of those other bands and deserve it MUCH more. Maybe they're saving them for next year to do a grand shindig?

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

[quote]Originally posted by Steve Presley: [b]Patti Smyth once made my putter flutter.[/b][/quote]Of course, you're making a play on similar names, right? I seriously doubt that you would claim Patti Sm[b]i[/b]th ever fluttered your putter! Yeah, Sabbath was so incredibly influencial on thousands of modern bands. I can't believe they haven't been inducted yet!!! The injustice! :evil:

[quote]Originally posted by iKHAN: [b]Why would ABBA be considered for the R&R HOF? I don't see the connection.[/b][/quote]The problem with the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame is that it's SO UNRock-n-Roll! The proper thing for any REAL Rock band that gets inducted would be to go up to devliver your acceptance speech -that then decline! Rock-n-Roll is a youth music! Okay, we've stretched that to include BabyBoomers... But it's still about that inner-spark that refuses to conform to code! How can you BE Rock-n-Roll, and EVER allow yourself to become a musium relic??? The ONLY way is to decline, and spit on the stage on your way out! That's Rock-n-Roll, baby!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I'm glad the Police found their way in- love those bass lines! I too think it's atrocious Black Sabbath isn't in. They are so influential and talented, I know they'll get in soon. My own personal injustice: Why isn't Stevie Winwood in? He's such a talent: he deserves it as well. PS- Hey Tom C, I know you and I aren't in this forum that often, so I hope you see this. You said that Elvis Costello has some great bass lines: any recomendations?

[quote]Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe: [b]Clubland, Everyday I Write The Book, Watching The Detectives, The Man Out Of Time... pretty much everything Pete ever did grooved.[/b][/quote]Umm.... Phil, you seem to have forgotten (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea--the bassline that Paul McCartney himself played back to BRUCE Thomas(not Pete Thomas the drummer) when they met.

Archived