Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the mysterious musicplayer.com person

coren

hmmm

i was just wondering if anyone else noticed that almost all the users here are multi-instrumantilist genius's hooked up on 6 pots of coffee that enjoy all types of music and seek to grow as musicians rather than bowing down to the almightly dollar while hooking up a new piece of gear into the mother brain command center sitting in their house..

i think its a conspiracy :D

has anyone else noticed some similaritys between users here?

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: coren5555 ]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rabid:

I am sorry I cannot post here anymore. I don't drink coffie. Oops. One question. Does my morning ritual of starting my work day with 2 Pepises and 2 brownies qualify.

Don`t worry,Pepsi has caffeine. Casey

"Let It Be!"

mats - how does your wife drink espresso BEFORE bed? i usually drink it after getting OUT of bed.

you've got a really interesting point there though mike - about most of us being multi-talented (oops, sorry, multi-instrumental). ok then.....out of what personality trait would most of the people here be?

i) Sanguine - "Let's do it the fun way", people person :D

ii) Choleric - "Let's do it my way", leader :mad:

iii) Melancholic - "Let's do it the perfect way", perfectionist :rolleyes:

iv) Phlegmatic - "Let's do it the easy way", laid-back :cool:

most muso's are melancholic (me too), though i am also high on sanguine because i am a nut (not a pistachio).

wodda you's think?

pray for peace,

kendall

"Consider how much coffee you're drinking - it's probably not enough."

Originally posted by jimbyjoe:

mats - how does your wife drink espresso BEFORE bed? i usually drink it after getting OUT of bed.

Well, you know how it is with some people. 1st thing in the morning: coffee & cigarette, then a shower and breakfast: more c&c, off to work: check the mail and have another cup, then it's time for a smoking break, next: some more work and time for lunch: cigarette + food + some more c&c, back to work time for a c&c break round 3pm, leave work meet some friends at a café, back home: dinner + C&C, evening: c&c, and another cup before sleep.

So, how many cups a day? 9 perhaps? wouldn't surprise me, she gets very nervous when we are out of coffee. Cigarette consumption is probably a little more than a pack/day.

Myself? - I never smoke anything and have no problem to keep my java habit down to about 5-8 cups/week. Sometimes a couple of days without coffee goes by without even noticing it. However, I have other (unhealthy) habits, the sum of a persons addictions is often constant.

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

you've got a really interesting point there though mike - about most of us being multi-talented (oops, sorry, multi-instrumental). ok then.....out of what personality trait would most of the people here be?

most muso's are melancholic (me too), though i am also high on sanguine because i am a nut (not a pistachio).

wodda you's think?

pray for peace,

kendall

I must be melancholeric since my way IS the perfect way!!! :D

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

<

ii) Choleric - "Let's do it my way", leader

iii) Melancholic - "Let's do it the perfect way", perfectionist

iv) Phlegmatic - "Let's do it the easy way", laid-back >>

you ommitted a variant on # IV: Phlegmatic/Capitalist:

" lets do it the easist way that makes the most profit without pissing off the client "

..I'm still trying to define exactly what "two brownies " refer to ...???

are we talking nutrition here or some sort of alternative sexual activities? :)

trenchcoatPencil :)

you left out the elements:

sanguine: air

choleric: fire

melancholic: water

Phelegmatic: earth

i might have gotten air & earth mixed up...

its neat to see that from this ddescription there are some neat mixing chances... 1,2,and 3 mixed together is more of a Trent resnor personality.. "my way is the best way and im gonna have fun and be artistic while doing it.."

while 1 and 4 mix together as more of a "guitarist" personality... laidback, just chilling, having fun, playing some guitar...

i think i got all 4 in me though, depending on the musical project, band work is 1&4, solo work is 2&3, studio is 1&2&3...

hey chris, XAR is person, not a place :)

yea im a canuck, im in BC

and my real name is mike, but my REAL name is solcham reinback the 3rd, A.K.A. the norwiegan pirate

actually coren and xar are from a book (death gate cycle, by margeret wies and tracy hickman)

brownies and pepsi.. in the morning? my morning routine is bland, i dont eat till 4 in the afternoon (when i get home)

adding to the potic, i mean topic, for jobs.. am i right in thinking that most of us are either in computers/technology or in an often not thought of job?

do you:

-have friends that think its odd when you refer to volume as SPL?

-and the knob as an attenuator?

-your family thinks your odd cause when you flipped through the channels of the tv for once, you saw music awards, and started laughing when you saw dr.dre and eminem signing to a bass line that did 4 notes for 5 minutes? (jmho)

-do you drum with your hands uncontrollably when bored?

-have a cd collection numbering in the hundreds?

-think the above is normal? :D

Originally posted by coren5555:

hmmm

i was just wondering if anyone else noticed that almost all the users here are multi-instrumantilist genius's hooked up on 6 pots of coffee that enjoy all types of music and seek to grow as musicians rather than bowing down to the almightly dollar while hooking up a new piece of gear into the mother brain command center sitting in their house..

i think its a conspiracy :D

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: coren5555 ]

Well, the guys who DO bow down to the almighty dollar are too busy touring, getting laid, and learning new dance moves to hang out on an Internet Forum.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by botch@netutah.net:

Well, the guys who DO bow down to the almighty dollar are too busy touring, getting laid, and learning new dance moves to hang out on an Internet Forum.

ya im sure britney spears is having a great time

I don't drink coffee, and I barely can play one instrument and it's not even keyboards(still waiting to buy one). Maybe if I started drinking coffee it would improve my abilities. I just like hanging out here. :)

Originally posted by Roto:

I don't drink coffee, and I barely can play one instrument and it's not even keyboards(still waiting to buy one). Maybe if I started drinking coffee it would improve my abilities. I just like hanging out here. :)

thats true to, i didnt mean to un-include anyone or cause "froum/bar fights" :D

i just thought it was interesting

im still waiting to get a keyboard to. im using my parents old yamaha right now.. at its best it sound like a game boy :D

i think that why i like it actually...

as i sit here on my third pot of coffee, playing my gibson les paul, writing the score for speilburgs next film, mixing down a track for santana, and programming my korg karma... i contemplate the lyrics that float by my head (from P.O.D's Satellite) "its a masterpiece conspiracy!" and quietly chuckle to myself: "those fools!" :D

Well at least you have your folks' I decided I wanted to try to learn piano I came to this forum to find out what to buy and ended up getting an Alesis DG8. WHICH I'm sure would've been great if it had survived shipping, but alas I had to go shopping again. Now I'm waiting for the Yamaha P120 to become available and hope I don't buy an aquarium that would use up the rest of my remaining space in my apartment. I have this big empty wall that is begging for something wide to be placed in front of it :D

Hey it can't hurt. Seriously though, drinking coffee is a lot like drinking beer.(GO AHEAD HIT ME...I HEAR THE JOKES ALREADY!) Quality beats quanity. Go to a Starbucks, or something similar, try out some different coffee's and you'll proably find something you like. Quality makes all difference.

Kind of like music isn't it?

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

I don't really play an instrument. I just perpetrate. I lay down something funky with my right hand into a sequencer, come back, and lay down something else funky into the sequencer, come back and lay something else funky . . . well, you get the picture.

And I don't drink coffee. I'm primarily a melphleg. But I have sanguine tendencies as well.

I just like to learn from all you fellas and fellettes out here. ;)

Well at least you have your folks' I decided I wanted to try to learn piano I came to this forum to find out what to buy and ended up getting an Alesis DG8. WHICH I'm sure would've been great if it had survived shipping, but alas I had to go shopping again. Now I'm waiting for the Yamaha P120 to become available and hope I don't buy an aquarium that would use up the rest of my remaining space in my apartment. I have this big empty wall that is begging for something wide to be placed in front of it :D

Roto

I played the P120 at Guitar Center the other day. It is out in the showrooms... It's NICE!! :P

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by HolyTerra:

And I don't drink coffee. I'm primarily a melphleg.

A what???

I suppose I could go pick up a dictionary, but I'm having a bunch more fun trying to imagine what the hell that means...

...kinda sounds like something that hurts... you okay, man? :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived