Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

any Farfisa players here?

sugarfrieddotcom

Hey guys and gals,

I'm practicing my website skills on a new project at http://www.farfisa.org

It's a collection of pics, info, pricing, bands that use them, useful links, etc all about Farfisa's.

If anyone here uses them, check out the site, you can add your band to the band page, send me info and pictures about your model, etc...

Thanks for your time,

Jim

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool...I posted a thread here a while ago about "Farfisa Cheese"...and favorite bands who used them. Man, anyone who grew up in the 60s has to love that sound.

And with bands like Smashmouth...a resurgence is here.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Guys,

Kevin -- Believe it or not blowing the thing out might work! I bought an old unworking Matador off of ebay real cheap, installed some speakers that someone stole out of there, blew it out and it works great! Good Luck!

Ted -- After I posted this thread I did a search through this board and found that thread, pretty cool! It's funny that Smashmouth's biggest hit was a cover of ? and the Mysterian's can't get enough of you baby... and ever since all of their singles sound like that?!?!?! There are some bands who do interesting things with Farfisas now. Right here in Chicago we have We Ragazzi. They're sort of a jazzy punk rock band. It's pretty cool. Then there's Stereolab with their space age bachelor pad kind of music. I use a VIP 345 which was made in the 70's, similar to what John Paul Jones, Sly Stone, and the dude from Procol Harum used when they toured.

Bob -- thanks! I'm on the lookout now for manuals and schematics, for my own use too! But I can't see (or afford) spending $20 - $25 for each copy. I've put a couple of posts on boards like this to see if I could spark some interest in people to see if they'd send me stuff.. I actually have some pictures of my VIP almost ready to go to show the tuning pots. We'll see how it goes. A Diamond-Tucking page huh? I think that was the name of my first band. =) Cool Idea, next time I have to do it I'll snap some pics.

Take Care,

Jim

I'm actually interested in the new tonewheel collections for the Native Instruments B4 with emulates the Farfisa. I'm looking for that Sly Stone sound. Since you guys really know what a real one sounds like, if you ever happen to come across the virtual version I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on how well they did.

Thanks

My studio is my instrument

RnBeatz

Originally posted by Tightbeats:

I'm actually interested in the new tonewheel collections for the Native Instruments B4 with emulates the Farfisa.

Yeah, me too.. I hope they're at AES so I can hear it, but I'm reasonably sure that it won't suck.

If anyone gets it before I lay my hands on it, I wanna hear about it!!!!!!!

If I get to it first, you'd better believe you'll hear about it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I like that "SuperFriedOs" post-Nirvana sound but I'll be damned if I can figure out what that has to do with Farfisa......all kidding aside that is some nice rock stuff.....Fried if you are under 25 and fairly good to look at you ought to do a video.

Hey Mojo,

I'm the lead singer in the band and although I have tried, I absolutely cannot play keys and sing lead at the same time! So I stick with guitar. I've been looking for a keyboardist to fill out the band for a while now with no luck... We currently recording a new album now which has plenty of Farfisa tracks! Thanks for the compliments! Anyone want to finance a video shoot??? =)

As far as I can tell Bontempi licensed the Farfis name, that's about it...

Rock On!

Jim

Hello, my name is Doctor Victor Hammond Von Frankensteinway and I am a Farfisa-holic.

Group:Hello Victor!

Thanks everyone.

< ahem >

I originally had a Farfisa F.A.S.T. 3 that I gigged everywhere with as a teenager touring the back roads of Bulgaria, Transylvania, Germany and Austria. Oht! Dose ver der days, ya? Going down to the harbour with the girls and .. < sigh >

That Farfisa served me very well indeed, and all manner of sound processing by foot pedals made that little beastie roar and squeal in delight. Among my favorite stomp boxes were phase shifters, chorus pedals and overdrive pedals. Jon Lord had nothing on me, ya?

In later years Igor (whom roadied for me all along) found a Farfisa VIP 600 with a Leslie 147 for $100 being sold by an older lady getting rid of her accordions and Johny Cash records. The VIP had tons more tabs and buttons, but the FAST 3 had the better sound. Shitty keyboard though.

Igor and I vere able to tap into the volume pedal and make a spring loaded volume pedal which really improved the sound. Later we took the cover right off and tapped into the outputs and added the effects pedals on board. This made the signal-to-noise ratio so much better. We also ran a tap into the power mains to split off 9 volts DC. Igor was always good with a soldering iron.

Oh yeah? That's fine for you, you're an accepted member of the entertainment community. What about me? What about Igor? Marginalized by Hollywood yet again. I want my Mummy . . .

Archived