Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Rate "Swept Away"

Dave Bryce

As many of you know, we are attempting to compile a CD's worth of material submitted by members of this forum.

In order to do this, we have posted the entries for consideration and evaluation by all of the members of the forum, whether or not they have contributed a piece.

The entries can be found at this web site:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/261/the_keyboard_corner.html

Please go there, and evaluate the piece called "Swept Away", submitted by Bart Garratt. Please post your comments on that tune in this thread. This link will take you directly to this piece.

If the artist of the piece would care to post any notes about the piece in this thread, they should feel free to do so.

Thanks for listening!

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool arrangement...the guitar samples sound pretty real.

I especially like the little fast runs that are played by different instruments and kinda pop out at you. Very cool.

I think you might have a bit too much sensitivity on the piano patch...I dunno it just seemed to disappear in the mix a little at times while being plenty loud at other times.

Overall, another great submission.

Wow! Very nice, Bart! Lots of unexpected harmonic jumps, but they all sound smooth and musical. I like the way it goes from thick to sparse and back - good variety, keeps you interested.

The only thing I would change is I would try to sync delay times to tempo in the beginning where the discreet delays are most audible. Great composition!

Better late than never. I finally got a chance to download and listen to the cd compilation tunes this weekend. It was pretty awe inspiring. I am still on a high about the great talent we have rubbing shoulders here.

I like the romantic sweep of this piece. I am enjoying the fast runs and the guitar solo sounds really good. The built up sections are really nice. There are a couple places where Id pull back on the drum volume, but thats a question of taste. I like the way you write.

Cheers,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

Sounds like film music to me. Can almost picture the opening credits rolling down the screen as the camera scans the skyline of Tokyo, London, or maybe Moscow. I don't know why but I picture someplace abroad. As the track progresses the camera then focuses on someone in the morning crowd, say headed to the subway or catching a cab. Maybe I've been watching too many movies lately? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif Anyway sounds good.

What are you using for your bass sound?

Lincoln

Originally posted by lrossmusic@hotmail.com:

What are you using for your bass sound?

DX7-II and K2000 added on Pt. 2.

And thanks guys for your good comments and suggestions.

Bart Garratt

I liked it so much I'm going to have to give a real listen & get back to you. Very cool piano. How did you get that cool guitar attack. Was that in the loop?

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

How did you get that cool guitar attack. Was that in the loop?

The guitar is from Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol. 1. The program is PRS32, I think. It's about 32MB, so it has some velocity switching in there between muted and open attacks. Thanks!

Bart Garratt

Love that intro! And, I like the fact that the delays are not synced. Especially right before the solo piano comes in. IMHO, those trailing echoes really set up the next section nicely. Great sampled guitar work!

Rob

------------------

R. Guilford Butts

www.mp3.com/robsmusic

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God"......Leo Buscaglia

R. Guilford Butts

www.mp3.com/robsmusic

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God"......Leo Buscaglia

Archived