Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar ? Cubase ? Logic ? etc....

Dan O

If you are computer based ....Which software ?

I know that this is a very broad subject .

If you respond ...it is not important to go into big details as to why you use a particular brand . Kind of a poll .......Dan O

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only on the PC for final mastering and ripping. CoolEdit Pro and MusicMatch....

------------------

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

1) CakeWalk Pro Audio 9.03 for fast sequencing

2) CUBASE 5.0 VST for PRO Editing and VST things usage

3) ACID for everything else with Audio recording & loops

4) SOUNDFORGE for audio Editing (WaveLab when VST is required)

GusTraX

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I'm a Cubase fan and have been since the early Atari days.

------------------

--Smedis,--

This message has been edited by smedis on 06-12-2001 at 06:55 AM

There are the big ones of course "Cubase, Logic, etc .." but I would like to put a word in for Fruityloops 3.1.

features:

-VSTi support (rock solid!)

-DX-support

-patterns (built-in 303-like synth or use it for drums)

-midi-support

-low latency (13ms) on VSTi with ANY soundcard out there (and reasonably fast hardware).

Current project http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gifpolyphony goes up as high as 30 at some times with this setup)

4 VSTi Pro52 synth's

2 built-in softsynth's

2 midi-channels

6-channel sampler (drum-machine, etc.)

and no problems what so ever, doesn't ever crash, lock up, or anything.

I bought Vision DSP for my G3 Mac two weeks before Gibson decimated the company. It works, and I'll probably use it for twelve years like I did Notator on the Atari. Obviously I never upgrade, takes too much time...

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Cakewalk PA9. Probably upgrading to Sonar XL next weekend, if I am feeling brave enough then (let´s see: Install DirectX 8a, install Video card new drivers, install audiocard WDM drivers, install MIDI I/F WDM drivers...scary, isn´t it?)

JoseC.

LOGIC!!

I'm running it on a Athlon 800. It rocks.

I also use Sound Forge for all my sample editing, and occasionally run ACID synced up with Logic.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Vision DSP. I just upgraded for $25 and it works great. You can still buy it for $60, I think. Quite a bargin, the only thing it doesn't do is load advanced plug-in formats (VST2, etc.) MIDI-wise, it's as good or better than sequencers costing close to 10 times more. I like the one-window approach, Performer and Logic clutter up my desktop too much.

Yay Vision, booooo Gibson. -jl

I use Digital Performer for sequencing and keyboard tracking; then I move my projects to ProTools for everything else.

I moved from a Roland MC 500, MkII to a Mac Classic and Performer in January, 1991. I picked up a Power Macintosh 7100/66 and a Session 8 Mac card in 1994. At that point, I moved to Logic Audio Platinum for a few years because Digital Performer didn't support my card. There's a lot I love about Logic Audio, but most of that has been incorporated into Digital Performer or will be in 3.0 and DP has some cool features, like the takes feature, which no one else has. At the same time, Logic Audio still uses the object-oriented approach to sequencing, which slows me down, so I dont use it much anymore.

I have Cubase VST/32 5.0 as well, but I havent used the program since the Cubase Audio XT days. I sure wish they hadnt dropped TDM support! I also have Studio Vision Pro, but I haven't even reinstalled it since I moved my apps to my G4 last year. Whats the point? Will it even work with OS 9, which I believe is the minimum OS for a G4?

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

• 3 weeks later...

Archived