Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

• 2 weeks later...

OK!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried to post this about three times now and have messed it up every time! :rolleyes:

Here is some dance music I comped in Acid from various 8packs downloaded from here

Dig this!!!!

Thanks for listening... :P

As always.........

Peace

Michael :cool:

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday I had one of those days where I was constantly fiddling with things when I was suppose to be mixing a clients project. After a couple of hours of getting nothing done, I just sat down at the Rhodes and banged out this tune about my present day being like a dog chasing his tail-never getting anywhere-and it made me miss the days when you didn't have all this shit to contend with-just a piano and a microphone....oh, and something to plug the microphone into

I waited till the next day for the clients work...good thing she didn't need it till Saturday ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/sonicmusicus_music.htm

Cheers!

Poly

SONIC MUSIC

http://sonicmusic.net

Originally posted by Odyssian:

Poly - GREAT stuff! Thanks for sharing. I really liked Falling Down.

The webpage with my MP3s only allows limited downloads, but you may like some of my tunes. I hope so anyway... :)

http://www.geocities.com/synthasaurus/Moog/

Thanks for the kind words! Most of the parts are played "live"....Heheh...I don't have a choice....my Mini ain't MIDI ;)

ps...I like your stuff!

Poly

SONIC MUSIC

Hey all! I'm new to this forum although I've been a Keyboard Mag subscriber since the 70s. All these tunes are terrific (I do have a leaning towards proggy stuff as it turns out).

Here's a tune of mine that hit #1 at the Broadjam Progressive Rock chart (and stayed in the top 10 for 6 months). The mp3 encoding they did isn't the greatest but you'll get the idea.

Hubris

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Originally posted by Gulliver:

Hi Odyssian!

I listened to first two tunes, then something happened and they (geocities?) didn't allow me to proceed... But I liked what I heard. Some subtle HTM influences? ;) Great stuff!

Thanks, Gulliver! I can always hope there's a little HTM in there, somewhere. :)

If you weren't able to download the third song, it might be available at a later time (or the next day). That's the downside of uploading MP3s to a free website. No bandwidth! :(

• 3 weeks later...

This was a 'quickie' I did before I went on vacation...yea, I know-I shouda stayed there

All tracks were first takers!

Not as progressive as my other stuff, sorry.

"Nothing That You Said"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/sonicmusicus_music.htm

Instruments used:

Fender Rhodes

Prophet 5

Minimoog

DX7

talk about old sh*t ;)

Oh.....plus a cheap bass geetar and a Korg O1W.

Cheers!

Poly

SONIC MUSIC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm kind of new here and I still don't understand why everyone talk about sheep :P , but I thought I would post a personal rendition of a Chopin piece.

August 4th, EDIT NOTE : Link removed. Check my in signature for new link and new piano pieces. :cool:

Note that this Étude makes exception as it's not at all about virtuosity. So probably most of you will find it boring. ;) But as in most of Chopin's last compositions, the overall feeling can become somewhat haunting.

Feel free to comment on it. Otherwise, you can always explain to me what's this thing about sheep on these forums. :wave:

Cydonia,

I am a Chopin freak and that was a really nice rendition - thanks for posting!

Can I ask what you used to record it? It sounds like "the" classic Kurzweil piano sample from the K250/K1000/K2000... Where is the reverb coming from? It works very well for this piece.

Thanks!

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Originally posted by kad:

Cydonia,

I am a Chopin freak and that was a really nice rendition - thanks for posting!

Can I ask what you used to record it? It sounds like "the" classic Kurzweil piano sample from the K250/K1000/K2000... Where is the reverb coming from? It works very well for this piece.

Thanks!

Kirk

Hello Kirk,

Thanks for your nice comments. I'm surprised to see people enjoying classical here, as I thought everyone only liked jazz and rock keyboards. ;)

This piano sound is a custom preset I made with the old K250 piano samples. The track was recorded without any effect and I simply added a Cakewalk stereo reverb to give the piece the correct haunting mood it needs. :cool:

Maybe I'll share more piano works here in the future, if people are interested in classical. :)

Originally posted by Cydonia:

I thought I would post a personal rendition of a Chopin piece.

Enjoyed this very much. You have a very nice touch, probably a bit lighter than I would have played it (I'm a clod). Makes it very airy and floating. Has a little more reverb than might be necessary or for my taste, but it was really wonderful!

~Bob

Originally posted by MusicYouCantGiveAway:

Enjoyed this very much. You have a very nice touch, probably a bit lighter than I would have played it (I'm a clod). Makes it very airy and floating. Has a little more reverb than might be necessary or for my taste, but it was really wonderful!

~Bob

Thanks bob. You have a point, as I hesitated myself for a while between this amount of reverb and a lesser level before I compressed the MP3. It would be easy to change it again, but instead next time if ever I'll post another piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been WAY too long since I could post something here! Finally, a break in the clouds!!

OK, stop waxing poetic. :)

Before my daughter Abby was born, I wrote her a song. How original, it's called Abby. :) Anyway, I played the rough tracks into Mommy's tummy via headphones a lot. I wanted it to be the first music she ever heard in this world. Well, I didn't get it finished in time, but played what I had for her anyway. It was a magic moment, she was crying, and when she heard it, she froze, and listened quietly for the full length; then promptly resumed crying. Not sure if that was a review or not. :D

But, the song lanquished in unfinished obscurity for, oh, 21 months now (see my avatar).

I went to The Swannanoa Gathering ( see www.swangathering.com ) to get an organic perspective on my music, and while there I had as an instructor Pete Huttlinger ( see www.petehuttlinger.com ), who is a world Fingerstyle Guitar champion. Amazing player, and consummate human. Well, he consented to work with me on the piece, and that was enough impetus for me to finish it! I just got the final mix posted, and I'm honored to have you all hear it. If you like it, and it's eligible, I'll submit it for the next KC comp... (I was on like 7 of them, but took a long baby-rearing-induced break from most of the online world, and missed the last couple...)

You can find it at www.artistlaunch.com/llarion where there are hifi, lofi, and download links, or if you want to se the namesake, the song is linked at her website too; www.abbytraynor.com

Thanks folks! Good to be back! Nice new paint and all...

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Cydonia,I enjoyed hearing your MP3s. I enjoy all types of music including some classical pieces. You have a marvelous touch. Wish I could be that smooth.

Sam, nice song, very serene. It's a serene "landscape" type of song. I like the interesting harmony. What'd you use to record it? I'm glad there's still some people in the world that'll just sit down and play from the heart.

Originally posted by Jessica Tomlinson:

Cydonia,I enjoyed hearing your MP3s. I enjoy all types of music including some classical pieces. You have a marvelous touch. Wish I could be that smooth.

Thank you Jessica for your nice comments. Although I think certain passages in the Beethoven piece need a pretty brutal approach. :) It's always a pleasure for me to see that other people today can still enjoy classical stuff. :cool: