Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who are your influences?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Marzzz:

Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman, Eddie Jobson, Tony Banks. Call me an old prog-head! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif But I get a huge kick out of playing the piano opening from "Lamb Lies Down....."

-MLC

My brother... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Nothin' quite like that "In the Cage" solo...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Playing: Kraftwerk. I saw them on stage several times, they know how to groove and how to use an expression pedal.

Playing folk guitar and singing campfire songs with my girlfriend is even better.

I am not good enough for the piano...

(so little talent so much equipment... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/redface.gif)

Writing: All songs from Vince Clarke (Yazoo & Erasure)

Programming: Difficult. I just do something where ever a synth takes me to. To me a synthesizer is a living entity with a character and will of its own. I am just a guide for the synth. (I take my pills in time http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif )

Producing (not asked but important to me):

Trevor Horn (eighties synth-pop producer).

Goals: every day try to do it better than the day before, use no routine tricks. I never use samples from somebody else.

But to me the main goal is to have FUN.

------------------

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Playing: Jan Hammer, Keith Emerson, Thomas Dolby, Tony Banks, Jimmy Smith, Jimmy McGriff, Joe Zawinul, Bill Payne, Matt Rollings, Professor Longhair

Producing: David Foster, George Martin, Quincy Jones, Thomas Dolby

Programming: Sadly,I don't have the time to mess with it like I used to back in the knob-twiddling and patch cord days(Carlos, Subotnik, Beavers, et.al). These days I'm a factory-patch tweaker. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

Writing: Medeski, Martin & Wood, Thomas Dolby

They Might Be Giants, Prince, The Beatles, Frank Zappa

Who I want to be when I grow up: Me, just with a steady music business income.

K.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

What artists influence (or influenced)

Your programming?

About programming: I read an interview of Thomas Dolby in Keyboard (back around '92) where he stated that he liked to keep the number of synths down to a minimum and really learn those, as opposed to having racks and racks of stuff. Tony Banks said something similar, "I don't like having a lot of instruments!" There is much to be said for that point of view (not to mention it's cheaper!) and i have tried to limit myself- I currently have only three synths and a ROMpler, and I try to really use them. Of course, I will probably have to make room for an Andromeda...... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Another teasing one!

Playing piano: Bud Powell, Chick Corea, Bill Evans, Gordon Beck, Billy Childs, others

Playing synths: Josef Zawinul, Josef Zawinul, Josef Zawinul, Keith Emerson

Solo playing: Allan Holdsworth (Yeah I know he plays guitar...)

Programming: Michael McNabb, William Schottstaedt, Josef Zawinul, Michael Boddicker, Trent Reznor (Yeah I'm a little schizoid)

Composing: oops, too many to mention. Let's restrict that to songwriting and jazz: Duke Ellington, Weather Report, Beatles... mmm, still very difficult to make a list, I'd rather skip that.

Orchestration: too easy... Ravel

Goals: Well, people like Zawinul and Allan Holdsworth are showing not only incredible talent and dedication to excellence, but also perseverance and integrity in keeping their vision. Zawinul told me once: 'Make YOUR music; you only have one life.' Simple, huh?

Well,probably it's only a dream, but I strive to live my music life along those lines.

My influences are varied and diverse:

Chopin, Yanni (don't laugh, he is really good on piano and his writing skills are great!), Dream Theater, Michael W. Smith, Petra, Whiteheart (really dig these guys), Yes, Journey (got to love the arena rock), Toto, most funk (got to shake the bootie), and many others.

My soloing influences: Hmmm. I like the old days (sorry) of where the keyboardist took the stage and ripped all night on solos (single notes with lots of modulation, pitch bend), etc. I guess I would say that I like Yes for that, Toto (check out their song 99), Eric Johnson, Neal Schon, Joe Satriani (yeah I know they are guitarists, but if you can note-for-note their solos, you are doing really good) and me. Yes, I influence myself to solo better than I did the last time.

My programming influences: Don't really have any. I usually enhance the onboard sounds.

Writing: Don't really have any concrete following of anyone. I pretty much just play what is on my head and then expand it from there.

Production: There are lots here as well. I am an honor grad of the Audio Institute of America Recording Engineer program. I like John and Dino Elefante, Mutt Lange, Quincy Jones, Bob Rock, and many others.

Goals: My goals are to share my albums with the world. I have had some success already doing that and would like expand it. With winning the Special Achievement Award in 2000 thru the LA Music Association, someone must like my songwriting abilities and it is an honor to get that award.

Check out my site at www.geocities.com/ebbrec

[This message has been edited by ebbrecords@yahoo.com (edited 11-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ebbrecords@yahoo.com (edited 11-27-2000).]

playing?

Prog... unfortunately: emerson, wakeman, banks, some blues b3: (medeski)

writing?

Beatles, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Genesis, a little Debussy

programming?

Deep Forest, Vangelis and Isao Tomita... also the Emo Moog stuff.

Your goals?

Write +ve uplifting music that stretches boundaries while moving the emotions.

Cheers,

Jerry

Wow! Great question.

I have always been influenced by musicians (what I listen to) and great gear (what I play).

Musicians:

Isao Tomita - there isn't a better Moogist on the planet.

Andy Pickford - have you heard this guy? (insert expletive of your choice here).

Edgar Froese, Christopher Franke and Peter Baumann - The layers of analog sequencer work these guys (Tangerine Dream) did opened my ears wider than they had ever been. So, THIS is what a synthesizer can sound like when not played like an organ or a piano.

Gear:

I've always been influenced by gear. I'm sure you have, too. How many times have you bought a new piece and then immediately came up with (at least) five new tunes.

Quasimidi Polymorph - For analog-sequencer-type synthesists, this is the box. Plus, it helps that the synth engine has elephantiasis of the balls.

Nord Modular - I know...some of you have heard me sing this song before, but versatility inspires ideas and ideas inspire music. I have heard sounds come from this synth that - 20 years ago - I knew I could someday make.

Modular Moog - How the hell can just one oscillator sound that good? How about seven of them plus a few of those yummy Moog filters? How about.....

(see Tomita above).

Roland VS-1680 - Yes! I will finally finish my CD after all!!

Programming influences:

As a "hired-gun" programmer, I've been inspired by several other industry programmers such as Jack Hotop, Michael Boddicker, John Bowen and Eric Persing. Would I use these guys factory patches alongside my own on a project? Hell, yes! I already have.

For writing influences, I find inspiration from great film scores more than anywhere else, lately. And, with that brings James Horner, Alan Silvestri, Jerry Goldsmith, Maurice Jarre, Harry Manfredini and a few others.

Cheers!

Zon

Playing - Geddy Lee (I'm a bass player).

Playing synth - Thomas Dolby, Tears for Fears, Landscape

Writing - Rush, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Shriekback, Thomas Dolby, Marillion, Tears for Fears

Producing - Peter Collins, Peter Gabriel, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Dave Stewart

Goals - to be able to play 1/100 as good as Geddy Lee

Bassment

Well Rob, since you're a bass player, I'll jump in (I'm a guitar player...well, I know, that's debatable, but)...

If I was a keyboard player, I'd say my influences were stuff like Earl "Fatha" Hines, Jelly Roll Morton, Oscar Peterson, Vince Guaraldi, Chuck Leavell, Gregg Allman, Dr. John, Leon Russell, Bill Payne of Little Feat, and I kinda like Billy Powell, too (although I hate playing Skynrd, Billy Powell cooks).

Oh yeah, Ray Charles. Little Richard. Jerry Lee Lewis. I'm more into the blues-boogie stuff, with some jazz on the side...

Those are among my fave-rave keyboard folks...anyway...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... this gets kinda weird. I realized that the INFLUENCES are maybe on the cheesier side as I love pop music and player who support songs. (I started with nothing but ELP and Walter Carlos for years, but...)

These are people who really do great PARTS and SOUNDS to make SONGS into great RECORDS:

Thomas Dolby - first two albums

Richard Tandy - ELO

Tony Banks - I am a BIG early Genesis fan, but his stuff in the early '80's is more musical and less wanky/busy... great sounds later.

Larry Fast - his stuff with Gabriel

Paich/Porcaro - sounds + parts

Klaus Nomi - super new-wave

Ron Mael - Sparks (genius!)

Doug Johnson - Loverboy (dare me?)

Benny Andersson - ABBA

Richard Carpenter - a great arranger

I could list my "cool" people - Stevie Wonder, Subotnick (NOT Silver Apples), Billy Preston, etc. but that's too typical...

Relax and float downstream...

• 3 months later...

What artists influence (or influenced) your playing?

* Nick Rhodes. I was amazed when I saw him playing its Fairlight... making music with a computer pencil !! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

* Emerson

* Herbie Hankock (sorry If I mispelled)

* Jean Michel Jarre

* Tomita ( when I was a kid I was "are those really electronic organs??")

* And I was shocked when I saw Eddie Van Halen playing "JUMP"...

* Pet Shop Boys

Your writing?

* Bernie T & Eltohn John

* Vince Clark

Your programming?

* Vince Clark

* Depeche Mode

* Trent Reznor

Your goals?

* Keep my music alive

* Make new friends

* and if God exists, make a living from the music business http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/cool.gif

GusTraX@yahoo.com

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I missed this thread in its early days and am now seeing it for the first time.

Pleasantly surprised that one of my biggest influences has been mentioned by someone, thought I was the only one

my influenes in playing:

Benny Andersson (abba) (yes this is the one I thought I would be the only one influenced by him)

Herbie Hancock on Piano NOT SYNTH!!!

Prince on Synths

Frank Martin on Synth (from Narada Michael Walden's early production)

Richard Tee on Fender Rhodes

Michael Omartian on Synths

for programming Eric Persing, I can never program like him so I just buy the CD-ROMS :-)

Composing....hmmmm...really varies..

rsp

richard sven

sound sculptist

OOh...this topic I can't resist.

Keyboards: Emerson, Banks, Wakeman, Jobson, Dave Stewart, Mark Kelly, etc...too many to list. Banks and early Kelly more so. I am amazed by the writing and playing on Genesis' A Trick of The Tail at the moment. Marillion's Misplaced Childhood, although it's more the writing than Kelly's playing that I like here. In other words, it's not technically difficult to play. But, it's the music, not the playing, that's important to me. If I don't enjoy listening to it, what's the point? This obsession with showing off and showing the world how fast you are is self-gratifying and irrelevant to me. Strange as it is, ONE of my ultimate favorite synth solos is Mark Kelly's (Marillion) solo on the song "She Chameleon" from Fugazi (another great recording). Short, but...

Guitars: Frank Marino of Mahoganey Rush <- Awesome I feel Frank is one of the best that's ever played. I think all rock guitarists should listen to this trinity of masterpieces:

Strange Universe

IV

World Anthem

He can play just about any style...also, Steve Hackett's acoustic work with or without Genesis is fantastic (not that his electric playing isn't great). Anything by Holdsworth. John Petrucci, etc...

Drums: Neil Peart, Bill Bruford, Phil Collins (although I hate the pop stuff), Carl Palmer, etc...too many to list.

One of A Kind by Bruford for me is the ultimate here. One of my top ten favorite recordings ever. Throw in U.K.'s U.K. and you'll have two of my top ten favorites.

Bass: Chris Squire of Yes (wow! :-)

And while I'm talking about recordings (and Yes), I'd like to add that I feel Tales from Topographic Oceans never got the respect it deserved. I think it's just as good as Close To The Edge or any other Yes great.

And lest you think I only listen to progressive or rock: I would add that Rachmoninov's 2nd and 3rd Piano Concerto are also the ultimate for me. As is Enya's Memory of Trees. And Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction.

Tarkus by ELP? How about Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky/ELP? How about Ritchie Blackmore and Rainbow playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony with Japan's Philharmonic way back in 1984?

Those are some of my influences (hahaha)....

Slophappy-

You've got taste my friend. Marillion is one the the great unknown bands and I understand you're level of fanaticism. Some of the members are doing a jazz-influenced, instrumental album that will include Steve Hackett on several cuts. That will be something special.

Some of my influences are Robin Trower, Steve Walsh(Kansas), Tony Banks, John Paul Jones, Trevor Rabin, David Gilmour, Ian Mosely, Becker & Fagan (Steely Dan), Frank Gambale, Keith Emerson, Alan White, Jimmy Page, 80's analog synths, Les Paul guitars, 12-bit drum machines, and classic rock radio.

Thanks for the kind words Steve! I wouldn't call myself a Marillion fanatic, just a fan. I bet all fanatics say that though huh? (hahaha) I must admit I haven't liked anything they've done since "This Strange Engine" however. I did like that recording... I'm more a fan of the earlier days with Fish. I really preferred the earlier days of Genesis also. Isn't the parallel ironic?

Will only list a couple favorite programmers this time:

Frank Zappa: Check out "Jazz From Hell", one of the most interesting sample-based records I've heard...

Wally Badarou: He was the "invisible keyboardist" on the early Level 42 albums, and I grabbed his solo CD "Words of a Mountain". Unfortunately its out of print, maybe some of it is available on Napster. The sounds and pure lushness on this release is simply incredible, at one point he takes a blowing wind sound and gently morphs it into a spooky melody line, great stuff! He also scored the movie "Kiss of the Spider Woman", but I haven't acquired that one yet.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

For piano playing, I'm a cross between Elton John, Michael W. Smith and David Meece.

For synth playing, I like Europe, Styx, Genesis, Wakeman Yes, anything by Emerson, Tangerine Dream, Dream Theater (Rudess Rules, but I don't even dream of being that good!), Moody Blues, etc...

Programming, I started programming with junos, poly 800's and dx7's, and have not stopped to this day. I don't have any real favorites except for Joe Zawinal.

Writing, it depends on my mood.

My 2cents.

Jay

My turn...

My playing influences come from many different instruments- in no particular order:

Miles Davis

Prince

Dexter Gordon

Thelonius Monk

Michael Brecker

John Coltrane

Canonball Adderley

Herbie Hancock

Sonny Rollins

Joey DeFrancesco

Bill Evans

Wynton Kelly

Charlie Parker

The Marsalis family

Kenny Garret

hell, just about anyone who's played with Miles

Jimi Hendrix

Those are major influences, the minor list would crash the forum

As far as song writing goes, The Beatles are truly masters and my best teachers.

Lately, I find myself being heavily influenced by producers and engineers. Sir George Martin, Brian Eno and Tom Lord-Alge have been making huge impressions on me. The sound of Nine Inch Nails latest album, Fragile, has really inspired me. I'm also really getting into D'Angelo's latest, Voodoo. Deep.

Outside of music, my biggest influence is Ken Wilber:

"The twenty-first century literally has three choices: Aristotle, Nietzsche, or Ken Wilber."

-Jack Crittenden, Ph, D., author of Beyond Individualism

Ken lives in my area and he used to frequent a store where I worked. I've gotten to know him really well and can't even begin to explain how much his work and friendship means to me, as well as to humanity. Every time we get together, my IQ jumps 1,000 points! Brilliant, genius, and above all, truly compassionate. Try this, http://wilber.shambhala.com/ for a taste test. And email me personally for recommendations on his books.

Okay, back to work http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/otn/realhappy/a_smil08.gif

*Playing - I actually started on guitar and even though I've gone hardcore into the techno/industrial realm, I still can't play keyboard. So for my guitar playing influences - James Hetfield for his awesome rhythm playing and J (White Zombie) for his dark, wierd, funky riffs and leads.

*Writing - Where to begin? Metallica, Alice In Chains, Tool, Type O Negative, Kyuss, White Zombie, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Underworld, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Misfits, Nirvana - so on and so forth...

*Programming - My biggest influence here is probably the Aphex Twin. No one will ever accuse him of not sounding original.

*Goals - Anyone who writes music for the love of music. I think the attitude toward electronic music shares a lot in common with the old do-it-yourself attitude of punk bands. Don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to sound - write music on your own terms. Two specific examples of this would be the Misfits and the Aphex Twin.

A case of musical, social and psychological hygemony.

Everyone everything everymess

An easier question would be who hasn't influenced me?

That aside:

Musically: Organ not necc. in order

Jimmy Smith

Jimmy McGriff

Chuck Earland

Jack McDuff

Tony Zamagni

Keith Emerson

Rod Argent

Tom Coster

Chet Thompson

Rick Wakeman

Chuck Leavell

Jon Lord

John Halco

Tom Schulz

Piano- also not in order

Oscar Pedersen

Keith Jarret

Paul Bley

The Monkster

Herbie Hancock

Chic Corea

Billy Payne

Shelly Berg

Keith Emerson

Bruce Hornsby

Billy Joel

Joe Sample

Guitar- also not in order except 1st one

Chris Bovard

Robben Ford

BB King

Harry Davis

Rusty Foulke

John McLaughlin

Eric Clapton

Jimmy Page

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Frank Gambale

Los Indios Trabajares

Other musical influences

Charles Mingus

Jaco Pastorius

Tommy Kennedy

Dave Weckyl

Vinnie Colaiuta

John Coletrane

Miles Davis

Freddy Hubbard

Wayne Shorter

Michael Brecker

Steve Gadd

Lyrical

Rich Mullins #1

Todd Cummings

Paul McCartney

John Lennon

Billy Joel

King David

Hendrix

Robert Johnson

Muddy Waters

John Hall

Programmers? Hahahahahaha Me A programmer or even one qualified to say who is good? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALMFFAOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ummmm..... Fred Flintstone maybe....definately not someone past the cro mag era.

Goals.....Now there is a good topic. I think the biggest death blow to any aspiring musician or band is that goals are left out of the configuration.

There is a proverb that says: Cities perish for lack of vision.

My current goals:

Since we live in a capitalistic country, time is money and visa versa.

My goal is to market my musical endeavors in ways that will ensure maximum profit for time invested. For most musicians to say they were in it for the money would be oxymoronic. But, the more I can make with my music without putting time into other nonmusical business ventures the more time I am putting into creating and performing music. I am moving brisquely along the road to meeting this goal. The long range plan I have developed could potentially make me independantly wealthy or it could just max out at becoming a major source of my family's income which it currently produces about 3/4ths of.

As I am able to spend more time in the music field it also gives me the opportunity to help my sons to succeed in their musical pursuits which is very rewarding to me.

It also enables me to use my skills voluntarily to make less fortunate peoples lives a little brighter. We play at childrens hospitals and at cancer camps. I've played on 5 kids albums. We've distributed over 30000 copies to the terminally ill kids and their families so far and all for free!! We're just finishing up # 4 and 5 right now.

It also provides me with more time to work on personal goals. I have always loved Oscar Pedersen's work and now that I can budget a decent amount of practice time I am starting to study his technic and incorporate what I am learning into my pallette of styles.

Remember youngsters, it doesn't come overnight, but just start with a dream, make fulfilling your dream your goal and develop a shrewd calculated long range plan to get there. Set your sights high, but enjoy the process because that is where the satifaction and the fun is found, not at the end of the rainbow. :-b.... wow man, what's that guy on? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

john

What to say? So many good people played and still plays so good music in the black & white world. My influences, alas so diferent are Joe Zawinul, Chick Corea, Ray from the Doors, Richard Wright from Pink Floyd. Others had their share as well but these are capital influances on my way of thinking.
Fat But Fast

Last night, I was searching through my CDs for cheezy, funny striptease music for a movie I'm working on. I was going through the 80's mall jazz category - David Sanborn, etc. - and I chucked in the John Tesh CD for a laugh. I was horrified to hear how similar his music was to my own... or is it vice versa? Is my musical playing style based in some part on the music of John Tesh?

Uggh, I need to lie down. Here I thought I was influenced by cool people like Rick Wakeman, the Art of Noise, Jan Hammer, Chick Corea... non-game show hosts. Instead, lameness is engrained into my playing style. Every time I put my fingers on a keyboard, it has a strong chance of appealing to 40-something soccer moms finishing their decaf hazelnut while driving their minivan to the mall so they can pick up the new Oprah book-of-the-month. I, too, may play a concert to save the dolphins who swim in the $50k/year boat slips in Catalina.

I want to rock! I don't want to sooth Volvo-driving balding men driving through Malibu on their way to their home theatre systems.* From this day forward, it's nothing but Yes, ELP, Genesis, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu, nothing post-1980 is going into my CD- Player. I'm a changed man. Must...resist...D-50 Fantasia....

-jl

* (Was that a sucker punch aimed at Bryce? I couldn't resist. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif)

I want to rock! I don't want to sooth Volvo-driving balding men driving through Malibu on their way to their home theatre systems.*

snip

* (Was that a sucker punch aimed at Bryce? I couldn't resist. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif)

Lemme get this straight - you own (as in purchased) John Tesh albums and you're gonna take pot shots at me? Hmmmm....wise man say, "He who throws big ball must be prepared to catch same".

Well, it is true that I drive a Volvo, I am developing a helipad on on my head, I do drive home through Malibu, and I do, in fact have a killer DTS home theatre system (as you very well know, Jeff, since you helped me wire it!).

However, I own no John Tesh, nor would I ever. http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/puke/barfy.gif I tend to restrict my collection to people who can actually play.

Plus, I already rock, my overly-white brother. As a rule, I tend to listen to rock, funk, blues, prog and electronica (which you also know). When I wanna be soothed, I listen to classical, jazz, sometimes Simon and Garfunkel and the occasional Mannheim Steamroller album (especially the early ones). No John Tesh. No Yanni. No Enya. No D-50 Fantasia patches.

I will say, in all fairness, that the classical piece that you did for the QCard CD was very soothing, though...the soccer moms are calling... is that Hazelnut I smell? http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/wink/1bluewinky.gif

BTW, your hairline ain't doing so hot, either... http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/other/ssst.gif

dB

He can dish it out...

> Lemme get this straight - you own (as in purchased) John Tesh albums and

> you're gonna take pot shots at me? Hmmmm....wise man say, "He who throws

> big ball must be prepared to catch same".

It was a long time ago. I was young and didn't know any better. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif He was in Keyboard magazine all the time so I thought he was cool. He even had a decent soundpage, but the album version of those tracks had been Hazelnutted.

> Plus, I already rock, my overly-white brother. As a rule, I tend to

> listen to rock, funk, blues, prog and electronica (which you also know).

Oh, man, I wasn't ripping on you musically. (If I wanted to rip... nah, enough damage done.) You're cool, man. Everyone knows you're cool. That's why it was funny. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

> I will say, in all fairness, that the classical piece that you did for

> the QCard CD was very soothing, though...the soccer moms are calling...

> is that Hazelnut I smell?

Yeah, I know. Now every time I put fingers to a keyboard... here's Johnny. I may never play again. Although that Johnny sure knew the economy of a simple repeated aprpeggio... played on a soothing Piano layered with strings... arrgh! I'm doing it again!

> BTW, your hairline ain't doing so hot, either...

I know, that's the only reason I have license to make jokes.

Stay cool, -jl

Oh, man, I wasn't ripping on you musically. If I wanted to rip...

Yeah, I know - you'd bust me for starting out most of my tunes with a single ominous low droning note...

(nah, enough damage done.) You're cool, man. Everyone knows you're cool. That's why it was funny. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Fully understood...just having fun...no offense taken or damage done at all. I chuckled the whole time I was doing the post. It was just an opportunity to break out the Philly voice and attitude. I 've gotta keep it in mothballs out here in Politically Correct Los Angeles, so I welcome the chance to wield it. You know we're cool. Didn't I use enough smilies?

http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif

On a related note - is it just me, or does this forum tend to be relatively flame-free? What is Up with That???! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/confused/aeh.gif

Yeah, I know. Now every time I put fingers to a keyboard... here's Johnny. I may never play again. Although that Johnny sure knew the economy of a simple repeated aprpeggio... played on a soothing Piano layered with strings... arrgh! I'm doing it again!

Dude - I still maintain that you are a ridiculously talented composer. As you know, that Qcard demo blew me and everyone else who heard it away. I think that you may be being unneccesarily harsh on yourself...

Perhaps you just need a new axe...hmmmm...wonder what we could find for you that would inspire you...hmmmm. Oh, wait! Don't you have an Andromeda headed your way? http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

I suspect that if John Tesh were to play Andy, his head would explode.

You da man...

dB

Archived