Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami songs - remixes??

Hi everyone,

I was just interested if anyone thought it was worth doing remixes of the two songs done so far? For example, Ted has created a brilliant acoustic version of 'Tears We Share'. 'Reaching Out' is one killer song, does anyone want to mangle it to bits to see what other variations? If we manage to get 4 or 5 songs it would be cool to have alternate versions / remixes as well to make up a whole CD.

Thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked for tracks to Reaching Out a while back. Not to usurp DanS.. just wanted to see what I could make of it. (My vibe on the track was very different than how it eventually ended up. Mostly because I never heard anything but a basic, scratch drum track and the vocal track before it was complete.)

Sounds like a cool idea, to me.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Actually FS, I think you asked for the tracks while I was right in the middle of the mix.. ("yeah, I'll get right on that..") :rolleyes:

Reaching Out lends itself really well to an acoustic version. I was actually planning on doing one for myself.

In any case, I can send a CD of the raw tracks if anyone wants, or I can put the Shorten tracks up on someone's server, providing of course that Hooper is cool with it.

I had hoped to hear 2 & 3 before listening to remixes of 1 & 4. ;)

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Thanks Dan :thu:

I would love the raw tracks purely as a learning exercise for me. I have no mixing skills whatsoever so no risk of me doing anything public, but always after raw tracks to play with. If Hoop is ok with it ;)

Hey, cool...I'd be up for this, too.

I'm getting really burned out on mixing my own stuff; it'd be a treat to get tracks from someone else, and see what I can do with them. Along the lines of fantasticsound's comments, I had a different vibe, as well...so I wouldn't mind having a go at it. Of course, I wouldn't need any drum tracks, unless mine had been altered--time-wise--somehow.

So... I guess I'd like to try both 'Reaching' and 'Tears' (full band, if possible). Unfortunately, I have bigger chunks of time on my hands than I'd like, so I might as well have a big sandwich.

If possible, I'd rather have a CD of discrete tracks mailed to me than try a download. I only have dial-up here, and any high-bandwidth tasks require either bumming some from a friend or going down to the Apple Store and pretending like I'm doing something important.

Those with discrete tracks on CD, PM me for snail addy.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by offramp:

Hey, cool...I'd be up for this, too.

I'm getting really burned out on mixing my own stuff; it'd be a treat to get tracks from someone else, and see what I can do with them. Along the lines of fantasticsound's comments, I had a different vibe, as well...so I wouldn't mind having a go at it. Of course, I wouldn't need any drum tracks, unless mine had been altered--time-wise--somehow.

So... I guess I'd like to try both 'Reaching' and 'Tears' (full band, if possible). Unfortunately, I have bigger chunks of time on my hands than I'd like, so I might as well have a big sandwich.

If possible, I'd rather have a CD of discrete tracks mailed to me than try a download. I only have dial-up here, and any high-bandwidth tasks require either bumming some from a friend or going down to the Apple Store and pretending like I'm doing something important.

Those with discrete tracks on CD, PM me for snail addy.

Ok Mr Remixer - you ain't happy with the progress - here's your chance to show em up ;):thu:

Alright...am I the only one who thinks the time frame has just gone way beyond useful, here?

eight months.

Considering we kicked out the first two in less than two months; I wouldn't expect that we'd need to maintain a breakneck pace, but...

If I'm the only one who sees it this way, then I'll shut up.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Nope - you miss my point - you are right that its been a long lag - just suggesting there are other things that we could do whilst waiting.

Spencer is working on the other outstanding song as we speak, so there's some light at the end of the tunnel...

Does anyone know what happened to what should have been the second song that never got finished, is anyone mixing that now, and if not please someone let me do it..

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

I know you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said isn't what I ment!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tedster:

Anyone wants to put the acoustic version of "Tears" on a disc comp is welcome to.

Er, I think "brilliant" might be a bit excessive :eek: but thanks...

Oh, BTW...it's here for anyone who wants it.

Ted, that really is brilliant! I'm listening for the second time now, will probably go to the third afterwards! :thu:

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Archived