Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So... any rock opera lovers out there?

Nursers practically threw a gauntlet in my face, so I'm here to uphold my manhood! Huzzah and all that, I say! :mad::D

But seriously, I know a lot of people at one time were toying with the idea, along with the defunct prog rock notions that didn't seem to pan out. There's way too much talent here on the board. I don't claim to have any serious songwriting or keyboard chops, but I can put some nice chords together, synthesize some interesting sounds, and my production skills aren't bad either. I also have too much gear for what I'm worth, having ebayed for bargains the past four years.

I'm at work right now on a rock opera kind of thing, typically prog and bombastic, but I'd be happy to do something with anyone who's similarly inclined. I have a GMail account, and it'll finally let me invite people, and I have a DVD writer if anyone needs something sent by mail. I use the old Pro Tools LE right nowbut am toying with the notion of an Emulator X Studio with Cubase SX.

Now, let's see if anything bites... ;)

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have you in here Basil ;)

Yeah I saw the thread on KC about to Rock Opera. Would love to see it come about, but will need one hell of a project manager to take it on. Are you keen? :)

Oh jeepers, manager... I hate managing things. I can coordinate and encourage, and I have a bowl of Christmas candy still, with plenty of chocolate. Does that count? ;)

Let's see who else nibbles first, before we talk about a Captain of a proud vessel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"The day the music died..." :cry: Did this project die? Or is it just moving at the usual pace of things around here? :D

I'm a prog rock kinda bass player. Big fan of Chris Squire (Yes) and Geddy Lee (Rush).

I also have some classical band/orchestra playing experience (not on bass), so I'm somewhat familiar with things like a symphony/sonata/concerto forms.

So, I'm offering bass, and songwriting assistance (if necessary).

Unfortunately, all I have to work with right now is GarageBand/iTunes. Is that gonna pan out?

Hey, I got a GREAT idea for a rock opera!!! Get this, this guy falls in love with this gal, only her husband is at war, but she thinks he's dead. Then he comes back, and the lover kills him in front of their little boy, and the boy goes deaf, dumb, and blind...and...hmmm...lessee...yeah, he learns to play pinball really well, and he's got this pervert for an uncle and...

Huh? It's been done?

Never mind.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I wouldn't mind jumping on board eventually, but I'm full up for the time being, maybe next spring.

I did preliminary work on the prog-rock collab which went nowhere, so I'm not going to be the first to dive into this one. :rolleyes:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• 4 weeks later...
I'm getting a new piece of gear here and there, and when I get some time - whenever the heck that is! Hopefully fall - I'm returning to my old project. Stylistically it's all over the place, but seems to have a bit of a Trevor Rabin/Yes flavor with a dash of Jobson, Emerson, Sherinian, Banks, Hackett, Rudess... uhm, stylistically, it's all over the place. :D

Archived