Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

we need links for MOST CURRENT MP3s

I'm sorry that I woke up so late about this project but............It is too time consuming for me to search all over through the threads for links to THE MOST CURRENT mp3 for each song. These should always be at the top of the thread and

a) either the mp3 should be updated at the server to the most current mp3 .....or

b) the top message should be EDITED to point to the most current mp3

What I'm saying is that I will play better drums (and not step over a lead singer or guitar solo) BUT I MUST HEAR THEM FIRST. I can play generic drums (breaks or rolls every 16 bars) with nothing but a bass guitar track but I don't think that is what anyone is looking for here. I heard someone crying out there for FEELING in the drums. Which songs still need drums?

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to repeat what I said in that other thread, I strongly recommend tracking to wav files as there are some nasty timing problems with MP3s. Maybe not such an issue with vocals and other lead instruments but for anyone playing as part of the rhythm section those micro-timings are what makes the groove and I don't want technology stealing the grease from under our noses!

Alex

Hey man:

Welcome!

I *thought* Offramp had already called drums on Song #4, but Hooper or someone else might want to ping him and make sure he's still available. I'd expect song #5 to crank up shortly as well...I'd watch for that thread to appear and jump on it!

I like your idea of having the top post have the URL to the most recent tracks, BUT I'll still say this: each thread really needs to be read in it's entirety regardless. That's the only way you'll catch the vibe of what other folks are thinking about next in the song. Just MHO though...

Regards,

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

I like your idea of having the top post have the URL to the most recent tracks, BUT I'll still say this: each thread really needs to be read in it's entirety regardless. That's the only way you'll catch the vibe of what other folks are thinking about next in the song. Just MHO though...

I don't think that I can go wrong with a link to audio which includes lead vocals and other lead instruments along with bass. Since I solo most of my stuff here I usually RECORD my drums TWICE. The first time just drums and bass. Later on after the tune is fleshed out with vocals , and everything else I may elect to do the drums over.

Dan

I also play decent keyboards (with the help of editing)

Samples of some of my latest stuff at http://etnot.com/ootw.html

You really need to read the thread if you want to participate in the song. Just read it, don't be lazy. ;)

Also, I don't think there's any shortage of drummers here. I gave up my drumming slot to Offramp on the first song, and I think he's been involved in every song since then. But then again, I'm not entirely certain, because I haven't read each of the threads.

I think we should utilize as many folks as possible. (I feel like a hipocrite saying that...I've contributed one thing or another to each song so far. :eek: I am trying to keep each contribution small...well, except for song #2, but I originated that one...) Anyway, the more folks that have their hands on each song, the more people who are motivated to help push the visibility of that song and the FOF site in general. Or that's my opinion anyway.

It's really cool to see a song become more than you originally had in mind after multiple folks have given it their own personal touch. This is very cool, and has been a great experience so far. This really is one of those cases where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts...and that's way cool in my book. :thu:

So, Dan...read the threads, let folks get to know you if they don't already, etc. As I said above, my suggestion would be to watch for song #5 discussions to show up and jump on drums there. I'd imagine that as soon as we get song #2 published, song #5 will start up. In the meantime do anything else you can to help. In addition to recording a demo vocal to song #4 today, I hung FOF flyers in two local music stores and gave a flyer to one of my two favorite Asian restaurants (Vietnamese, to be exact...Pho Tai anyone?...Nothing like a huge bowl of hot tasty soup when it's cold outside!...) ;)

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived