Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic version of Number one...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster:

I have an acoustic version of song number one. I'll post it here...with approval of the powers that be, if anyone's interested in hearing it.

Of course - would love to hear it! :thu:

If you haven't read the song 1 marketing thread Tedster, you got a personal mention on my radio interview this morning. The DJ very much liked the song :thu:

Although I prefer the final group version (perhaps it is merely that the group is involved), your version is a very complete-sounding demo. I really enjoy hearing your vocal harmonies. It's one thing I see (or don't see) that is lacking in a lot of music. Fortunately, it seems to be making a comeback.

Of course, there are countless threads about this, however my comments will stand on their own. I can only hope that the following songs do their part to garner as much attention and support (both financially and other) that yours has. Here's to a continually successful project!

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

Oh yeah, I do too. I just thought it would be interesting, as that's the way I originally conceived the song. Just an "alternate version". It was Nurser's idea to rawk it up...which worked well

:thu:

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Ted,

I actually like the acoustic version much better than the other. Of course, I'm one of the LUCKY ONES that get to watch you perform LIVE..... {eat your hearts out... all you other peoples :D It's "ONE" small advantage of living out here in the middle of the ummmmmm... nowhere ;) ) Very nice Ted! I'll keep this one right along side the downloaded group version.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

gosh ted that was beautiful.

who did the ooooh's?

and how did you record em? are there a few people doing them or is it you overdubbing a few times with reverb? sounds just right.

I'd like to hear one with the acoustic solo just a touch louder.. not much though. ..Sounds like a typical guitarist thing to say ;) but i couldn't hear all of the notes. :(

We can have this as a B-side! :)

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

BTW, did version 1 get swapped out with the version 2 mix on the website d/l and "preview" yet?

Absolutely - Shars from my understanding got that to happen before she went offline :thu:

Fun to listen to that, as an alternate version. I think it really shows how well the song as written still stands up even without all the other instrumental support. Of course, it's fun to hear it both ways. When I hear Ted's vocals it reminds me I oughta spend my tax refund on singing lessons instead of more gear...

Nice job!

Don't listen to Hooper. The boy can SING! I know, I've worked with ya, bro, and would like to do so again.

For those of you who don't know, the first thing I heard of Hooper's was a cover of "Bells of Rhymney", and for a second, I didn't know if I was listening to him or the Byrds. :thu:

The "Ooohs" were all me. I've had to do so much of that stuff for my solo project that I've gotten pretty quick with it. Originally, they went all the way through the verse, but when I listened back, the first half sounded a bit out of tune in spots...on each time. So I just sliced it.

Phil, you've got it, bro! Now all I have to do is figure out a way to get out to Collie-foahnia for an extended period of time. :(

But, heck, I'm glad you all liked it. :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived