Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami Song 1 - Wrap-up comments / thank yous

Great - now I have Billster's wife mad at me. :eek: Well, I guess if someone is going to get the blame, it should probably be me. :o We just had too many submissions, and not enough time. Again, my apologies to everyone who didn't have their tracks used on song #1. There's song #2 going, and more to follow I'm sure, so hopefully you can get on one of those songs. :thu:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll share some of the blame. You all should know by now, you can blame me for anything you want.

Heck, that's part of the reason I wrote the tune, 'cause people were saying I caused the tsunami...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

As far as the MP publications, I can't speak for Craig, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would be willing to run a short blurb on it... Nursers, we might even want to write up a brief article on how we put the whole thing together... of course, it would probably be a good idea to get a "go ahead" from Craig first. :)

I'll let you PM him if you decide this is a good idea. And of course, I'll be happy to help you with the article if you'd like, and if Craig decides that one is appropriate.

Originally posted by Tedster:

I'll share some of the blame. You all should know by now, you can blame me for anything you want.

Heck, that's part of the reason I wrote the tune, 'cause people were saying I caused the tsunami...

I KNOW you caused it :mad:;)

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

As far as the MP publications, I can't speak for Craig, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would be willing to run a short blurb on it... Nursers, we might even want to write up a brief article on how we put the whole thing together... of course, it would probably be a good idea to get a "go ahead" from Craig first. :)

I'll let you PM him if you decide this is a good idea. And of course, I'll be happy to help you with the article if you'd like, and if Craig decides that one is appropriate.

Hey Phil,

I think that's a great idea - will PM Craig :thu:

Nursers, I heard back from Mitch, and he said I should discuss it with Eugene... so I just fired off an email to him. I'll let you know when I hear something back from him.

As far as the 16 bit file, sure. I can get a copy to Songrytr tomorrow when I see him and have him U/L it to you if you'd like.

Listening back in the cold light of day, and after some sleep (and with fresh ears), I think I fell victim to the "too much top end due to fried ears" syndrome. I can re-master it if you'd like, and we could replace the current version. I can also send the version as it was when Bunny and FoxTick left, and if you prefer that, you can substitute that one instead.... whatever works.

Nursers, I heard back from Mitch, and he said I should discuss it with Eugene... so I just fired off an email to him. I'll let you know when I hear something back from him.

As far as the 16 bit file, sure. I can get a copy to Songrytr tomorrow when I see him and have him U/L it to you if you'd like.

Listening back in the cold light of day, and after some sleep (and with fresh ears), I think I fell victim to the "too much top end due to fried ears" syndrome. I can re-master it if you'd like, and we could replace the current version. I can also send the version as it was when Bunny and FoxTick left, and if you prefer that, you can substitute that one instead.... whatever works.

Mate, if you want to re-master I will leave that to your judgement. I am a bit of a bottom-end addict so noticed the tambourines etc were very prominent, but that's just me. Totally up to you. I was after the WAV file purely due to your previous suggestion that we may want to offer that download option in future, even if just to media etc. You certainly ain't gonna see me attempt to mix or master :D

Originally posted by nursers:

Originally posted by Tedster:

I KNOW you caused it :mad:;)
Well, it was a damn poor idea of me to go swimming in the ocean after eating all of those bean burritos, if you catch my drift...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

You people are amazing!

I wasn't online for the few days that all this was created and it's incredible to come back to this.

The disaster is heartbreaking, really sickening, I can't bare to watch the news half the time. Efforts like this though are brilliant. It's wonderful how everyone is pulling together to help out.

Straying away from the song a little, all the pubs I was in in Edinburgh on Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) were donating all their tips to charities helping the poor victims. Also, the pub/club I spent the last few hours of 2004 in were not charging an entrance fee as long as you made a donation to the fund. It was hard to celebrate and have fun with the Asian disaster on your mind but it was also heart warming to see how much people were doing.

Back to the song. I made a PayPal donation and downloaded it last night. I like it a lot, well done to everyone involved. I have e-mailed everyone in my address book and am trying to spread the word further. I hope EQ and the other mags give you mention.

You're all special people and I'm glad to know you.

John Scott

John! There you are bud!. You know, I forgot, I was going to call you today!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, ready to get started on song 4? :D

What time is a good time to call you tomorrow? I'll be at work, so whatever time you are available.

Originally posted by flyscots:

You people are amazing!

I wasn't online for the few days that all this was created and it's incredible to come back to this.

The disaster is heartbreaking, really sickening, I can't bare to watch the news half the time. Efforts like this though are brilliant. It's wonderful how everyone is pulling together to help out.

Straying away from the song a little, all the pubs I was in in Edinburgh on Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) were donating all their tips to charities helping the poor victims. Also, the pub/club I spent the last few hours of 2004 in were not charging an entrance fee as long as you made a donation to the fund. It was hard to celebrate and have fun with the Asian disaster on your mind but it was also heart warming to see how much people were doing.

Back to the song. I made a PayPal donation and downloaded it last night. I like it a lot, well done to everyone involved. I have e-mailed everyone in my address book and am trying to spread the word further. I hope EQ and the other mags give you mention.

You're all special people and I'm glad to know you.

John Scott

I really don't know what to put here.

Hey John, how have you been doing buddy?

Nursers, I'm still waiting on the blurb... if you already sent it, can you please re-send? It didn't make it. Gotta get it to Eugene by early tomorrow. :)

Working on it as we speak ;)

Got it. Songrytr has a CD with the new mix, with both 192 KPS MP3 and 16 bit WAV files on it and he should be U/L it to your server tonight. If you think it's better (your call, it's considerably different - I can give you the "old" one with just the 'less top and tambourine, more kick' changes if you don't like this one), feel free to replace it on the site.

Archived