Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone heard from Wrave lately???

I'm just wondering if anyone has talked to or heard from Wrave recently. I have his number buried somewhere... but not handy. I'm just wondering if he's okay... I sent him an email and he's normally quick to respond. Maybe I'm just being impatient, just concerned.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed Ani and told her that I got

an email from Wrave (in late Feb)...

AN EXCERPT:

Bob, I am doing fine, thanks for asking. I retired and got busy! I've got so much to learn I don't know where to start. Right now I am spending too much time on the web just because I keep finding stuff that looks interesting and want to learn about it. But I've got a lot of my "audio scribbles" (bits of flute tunes I've come up with) ready for full compositions and that was a pretty big job there.

I want to start recording that stuff soon but am kinda waiting for some money outta my 401K so I can buy the Omnirax workstation desk and get things rearrainged so it'll be a bit more comfortable working around here.

Still trying to get down to Georgia to see my daughter and grandsons. Probably make that trip next month.

So I'm guessin' he's downsouth for a while...

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Thanks Nursers,

I received an email from Wrave today; he is okay, just incredibly busy setting up some new gear that he bought.

:cry: Geez, jez about everyone of the SOMA guys are getting new gear 'cept me.... :cry::cry::cry:

My spare cash went into knocking out medical debts this year on my tax return.

• 2 weeks later...

Who the heck is this Wrave guy?

:wave:

Ani, you are amazing. Thanks for thinking of me amidst all that I see has been going on around here. And all of the rest of you, thanks for your concern. I am fine but a bit overwhelmed.

The studio is all set up and functioning very well. It's the engineer I am having problems with! ;) Last night I sat down to do some recording and spent about an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't hear my midi metronome. Finally got it but by then I had lost interest in that particular bit of melody. Gonna give it another try soon.

I've been spending time reading manuals, wiring (and re-wiring), practicing (started my keyboard lessons again), testing and lot's of stuff but little actual music being made. Thats coming though since the hardware seems to be functioning pretty well.

Anyway, I can start checking in a bit more often now.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

I hear ya Wrave. I'm still tweaking my new machine weeks after connecting everything up. I'm still having a bit of latency on some of my midi VSTi's where I never had problems before.

On the up side, I araely get above 10-15% of CPU usage on this new machine.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

OK Dan. Ya had ta go and mention soft synths didn't ya! SO far, I've just been looking at recording audio and getting the MIDI hardware to function all together. Haven't even looked at the soft synths yet. Guess it's about time to fire up Reason and see how that will do. Awww, Jeez! I think I feel a headache coming on... ;)

I gotta say though, this is a whole lot more fun than I had in the twenty years I spent working at a real job!!!

Dan, what VSTi's do you like? What machine did you get. I'm in a situation with my new laptop where, except for storage capacity, it's more powerful than my desktop.

See ya...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Archived