Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League CD Pressing?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Howls at the Moon - SOMA

2) En Transit - SOMA

3) Bunny's Beat - Gods of Rock

4) Strip Down - Double Post

5) We Are the Gods of Rock - Gods of Rock

Above are those that have been mastered and put up for listening. Nearing completion are:

6) Answers in the Rain - SOMA

7) Seasick - Fantasy Team Managers

8) ??? song name - Double Post

Originally posted by nursers:

Thanks Bob, that would be superb!! How would you like to receive all the songs?

We're coming up on a new month with a new allotment of FTP space, I still have just a bit of space left this month as the transfers died off midway through the month.

We can open the doors and begin transfers as soon as possible. Bob, will you need each individual wav file to each part, or will you just need the mixed versions of the songs?

Hey, what happened to that song that B_3guy's team was working on? What happened to B-3guy? I know that Ibscotty and Pauldil had a pretty good groove going (If I'm getting the right guys on the right team) Both were concerned about what had happened to their teams progress; theirs is a pretty bouncy blues tune.

If B_3guy has bowed out do we have another engineer that would possibly take the project over; Bob, DanS, Brett, Flyscots, Bunny any of you guys open for the task? I think that the guys would probably really appreciate their efforts getting to be included on the project.

B_3guy, if you're still out here I'm not trying to step on toes, but if you are still out here, can you please chime in and let everyone know what's up? You'll still be in the credits, as it's your keyboards in the track... Let us know a.s.a.p.

I've got my heating situation resolved, so I'm back in the game again.

The version of Strip Down you heard before was not complete, however, we do now have a completed instrumental version. (Go check Brakka WOW)

I'd still like to put out a version with vocals aswell, but the instrumental kicks plenty of ass.

Our other song by the way has the working title of "Superfly." Vocals hopefully forthcoming for that one.

So Seasick's not a secret anymore then?

Ani, could you PM B_3guy (Steve) I would but you've probably got better powers of persuasion. DanS told me so ;)

Bob - you're a star, thanks man!

Ani,

Thanks for the offer on the use of your FTP site...

That certainly would be the most

convenient way to transfer these files...

Since I'll only be doing the compiling & mastering,

I won't need individual tracks, just the final stereo mixes...

24/44.1 .wav files please (or 16bit, if you must)...

Shorten for PC cannot handle 24bit files,

but I've heard good things about Monkey Audio for 24bit files...

Has anybody used that compression program yet...?

Whaddya think about it...?

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Bob, I'm not in this thing, everyone baled out but I've used Monkeys Audio & it's a very nice compression program, very much akin to Shorten. If Shorten doesn't handle 24 bit but Monkeys Audio does, by all means use it. I found them to be comparable, to my ears, in the quality of compression and restoration.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Okay,

I'm going to need to set Flyscots up on the ftp access, and when Bunny catches up to us, I'll set him up.

Bob,

Do you want to use the same folder, with current passwords, or do you think that it would be better to keep this separate from all of the SOMA folders? If I go ahead and create new account access, you would need to use two separate login ID's and passwords when accessing files.

Actually, Bob, DanS, Brett, Wrave.... try to access the current FTP and let me know if you can access it okay. I spoke with my server, and I may need to recreate new user accounts for the folder. I'll private email the new access if I do this (and I'll make sure to shorten the user and passcode in length, and then probably I will go ahead and create a separate folder for the Entire FL team Project.

Thanks guys...

I was browsing to see if B_3guy had been active at all in any of the forums recently and he appears to be heavily posting over in Keyboard Corner. I don't know if he lost interest in the project at the close of the deadline, or what. I suppose that it would not be a bad idea to contact him and ask him what his stance is on completing his teams songs. If he has lost interest, I will assume the responsibility of pulling the team files together for DanS to mix, unless Gus is still in the game.

I've been looking at some options for additional server space; ther is a company out of Canada that offers 2G of disk space in storage included in a re-seller package, which is something that I've considered anyway. I could transfer the .com domain over and save the expense of purchasing another domain name.

Originally posted by 20to20:

Shorten for PC cannot handle 24bit files,

but I've heard good things about Monkey Audio for 24bit files...

Has anybody used that compression program yet...?

Whaddya think about it...?

FWIW, Monkey's Audio was referred to me by David Torrey of DRT Mastering when I sent him a personal project to master. He'd been using it for a while and I had no problems with it. Compressed WAVs about half of the original size. I uploaded each song file to his FTP server.

- Rim

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Archived