Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So it's like October tomorrow....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya, SOMA members. For me, from being involved in other forum projects, I expected the deadline to be postponed at least once. Unfortunately, some projects have terminated prematurely. I think it's the risk of the virtual world. But I still feel the benefits outweigh whatever shortcomings are involved. SOMA does need to be congratulated for meeting the deadline. Good job! I know what I wrote probably wasn't much comfort.

As others have said, why not collaborate on another song and include everyone in your team? It would be cool to hear more from you all. You can really show up the other teams by "lapping" them and post another one before them!

Pssst, hey DoublePost, we ain't gonna be "lapped" are we? :D

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

I'm game for it, if my team members are. Chris, Dan, Bob, Brett, Steve, Wrave.... everyone else????

And can someone get James from Italy involved??? Italy would certainly be some nice flavor to add to an International collaboration.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

SOMA - I'll do whatever you want me to do. Let me know whenever there's a file to give a listen to and I'll start building a track.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Thanks for the Kudos on the SOMA team songs everyone. I've got a really great bunch of folks to work with. I know that Bob is involved with another MusicPlayer project now... so he may not be as available, if at all, for more songs until later on.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

SOMA rocks!!! No matter HOW much shit they talk about me and my team!!! :D

Anifa, I presume the project Bob is working on is actually something we're doing on a different site, not MusicPlayer. However, it is true that all of the participants in that project are past or present MusicPlayer members.

So, how about another SOMA song! Go for it, folks! :thu:

Hey Bunny

I want to apologize for jumping all over you the other day. I guess when someone tells a friend of mine to STFU I get a little defensive. I understand it was done with a smile. Forgive me.

Let the love flow.

Later

Brett

Be a professional musician.

Or just sound like one!

Produce music with THOUSANDS of loops and effects.

Vale, Vamos.

Ive got a track i'm working on, I just have the changes and a rough melody, needs drums, bass, lyrics,ect.

Let me know and I'll squeeze some time in Monday to put down something for you to hear.

Brett

Be a professional musician.

Or just sound like one!

Produce music with THOUSANDS of loops and effects.

Hey, Brett, right on, buddy! :thu:

I also apologize for hurting your, or anyone else's, feelings with any of my comments. I was, of course, being a little defensive with the STFU remark, but I wasn't pointing it at you or Dan or anyone in particular. No offense meant.

I can feel the love! :) Rock on, collaborators!!! :thu:

Originally posted by MixterRader:

Vale, Vamos.

Ive got a track i'm working on, I just have the changes and a rough melody, needs drums, bass, lyrics,ect.

Let me know and I'll squeeze some time in Monday to put down something for you to hear.

Brett

Brett,

Is this intended for SOMA members??? Is the track you're speaking of a basis for SOMA ...SONG #3 :wave:

Bunny, you're probably right about the project Bob's working on; I just know that he told me that he was involved with another project that would be tying him up for a bit.

Chris, are you better situated now??? Start tuning that axe...

Steve, if you're around....I want to hear some more of the NoR.... even if it means song #4.

Dan and Wrave, I know you guys are with me.

Bob, jump in when you can.

Thanks for the compliments for the team of SOMA everyone.

Originally posted by MixterRader:

Vale, Vamos.

Brett

I was working on some drum tracks last night.

Hmmmmm. :thu:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

SOMA #3...?

I'm in... :P

And I'm not opposed to an actual deadline,

it helps me when organizing/prioritizing my schedules...

Can't wait to hear the opening salvos... :thu:

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

I kind of thought that was what you were implying; but I, as a manager, shouldn't open these gates without the approval of the other team managers. I have posed this proposition more than once to the other managers and have not received a direct answer.

I want the full project to materialize with ALL players that signed up.... but I don't really want to manipulate and override what the other managers want. They did all ask to extend the deadline, just prior to the deadline, but it was AFTER I had already swung the axe and our music was nearing finalization.

I didn't feel it would be fair for our team to put forth a whole hearted effort to finalize in time to meet the deadline, and then say..... well... we're going to extend the deadline. Had the decision be made prior to point where I clamped down, I would have opened the option up for a team discussion as to what we wanted. Outside of the decision to allow recognition for SOMA members meeting the deadline as planned; I still respect the collaborative opinions of the Team Managers and will not speak for them as a whole. I don't mind being the voice for SOMA and if ya'll wanna do another song er two, er three.... IT BE FINE WIT' ME! :D:thu:

And I DO agree with Bob about establishing a deadline to help prioritize efforts.

ouch, owe, ouchy..... that hurts... stop it, (duck)... er wait a minute guys.... (dodges flying objects)......hey what about.... wha.... wha... wha.......... yIKes Sykes....... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

I've put some lyrics and vocals to the gtr trk... I'll try to upload them into the FTP tonight............it's REAL late with an early to rise on the agenda. I still need to convert from wav to mp3 format. Brett.... Beautiful guitar track.

Chris.... are you in??? Steve???

Originally posted by Tarantula Fingers Ani'Fa:

...I, as a manager, shouldn't open these gates without the approval of the other team managers. I have posed this proposition more than once to the other managers and have not received a direct answer.

Hey, there's no manager vote needed, you guys go for it :wave:

Archived