Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Managers - Let's find a team for GT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to the post Cereal. :cool: I have one team player that has not checked in yet, so I'm up in the air with him.

Let's go ahead and have GT3 list his skills, as the other players did. We'll have to have a majority vote on if he's actually going to be allowed in after the cutoff.

You and I are both for allowing GT3 to participate. Let's vote on it with all 7 managers.

Whaddaya say Sylver? Flyscotts? Brakka? Wewus? and B_3guy?

Hey, dBunny's watch was 4 minutes off... GT3's watch was only 4 days off. :D:D:D

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Let's see what player's check in. Maybe some have dropped out & we could place him on a team who is short.

That might be a good idea. Someone might drop out and leave a spot. Why don't we give a few days and see how things are forming up?

Flyscots agrees too.

I really don't know what to put here.

Instruments played: guitar-5(all styles, slide too); bass-5; dulcimer-5; ukelele-5; pedal steel-4; keyboards-3; harmonica-3; drums-2; electric violin-2.

Other skills: songwriting, arranging (arranged for a big band jazz band), midi programming, mixing.

Special considerations: lots of equipment- tele, les paul, es-347, firebird, flying v, fender doubleneck, L-50, etc. Stingray bass. Vintage Gretsch drums. 66 super reverb, 65 twin reverb. Hammond M-3. Roland 1880's, digi 001. Good variety of mics. I also have really good sounding rooms at my studio.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Players will fill out a simple survey to give others an idea of what skills they can offer. A player should be open to filling whatever role/s the producer chooses for them. That means that you might end up playing a different instrument than your main one, and might be assigned a technical duty as well(mixing engineer, mastering, etc.)

Here's the form:

Instruments played(please rate your level at each on a scale of 1-5 1= beginner, 5=expert):

Other skills(Composition, mixing, programming, etc.):

Main musical style/interests:

Any special considerations?(equipment available, bragging, heckling, etc.):

Link to an example of your music(if available):

We'll do a two week sign up, then we'll announce the draft.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

How did that happen? GT3 replied before Anifa posted. Nice, this guy has extra talents.

Managers, please can you visit Brakka's Private forum to read what I think - other than what Sylver put above, coz that's perfect

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Let's see what player's check in. Maybe some have dropped out & we could place him on a team who is short.

Man, you're bright, and quick.

Not like any b3 I've ever played. :D

Im not trying to step on anyones toes here but here is my $.02.

Instead of a vote, managers should discuss who could best use whatever talents GT3 can bring to the table. If 2,3,47 want GT3 on their team, throw your name into Nurses hat.

This isnt a competition. There is no prize. I doubt that there will be any more latecomers expressing remorse at missing this collaboration. Isnt the point of this to have some fun and hopefully come up with some cool tunes?

btw dak, that ass pimple thread was just a friendly spoof on LiveMusic. He is always posting some off the wall OT-left field stuff. It was just a joke.

:wave:

Originally posted by GT3:

Thanks man. I'm sorry for being a pain in the ass, I wish I wouldn't have missed the signup thread.

Get with the freakin program man!

...You can't say that I (UH-uh) wasn't up front. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there several teams with 6 players and others with only 5?

I hate to drop such a valuable player into another camp, after the draft. But as everyone, so far, has agreed we should find a way to incorporate GT3, give him to whomever would have had the next pick. What do you think?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Oh yeah, I forgot- i can sing. I won't even rate myself.... I like my voice. Besides the petty/dylan drawl that some of you may have heard, I am actually a pretty versatile singer. I can do a pretty wide range; sinatra, beach boys, tom waits, whatever.

Musically, I like a lot of classic rock stuff, but I really like every style of music. I have done a lot of rock, jazz, blues, r&b and house/dance music.

Originally posted by Super 8:

I dunno... I heard that GT3 guy is kind of a trouble maker.

Also, he's from Tampa. I once read that some stuff got stolen in Tampa and they never caught the guy who did it.

Hmmmmmm... :rolleyes:

and they never will catch me....uh, him.

I trying to hint around for somebody to take this dude. He's gonna lift your team off the ground.

G my brother - I'll take you in a heartbeat if these guys keep dicken around. The problem is our team is solid as hell already. We'd have to do extra songs. Now that would be bitchin!

c'mon guys -

:confused:

Originally posted by StrongBad:

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here but here is my $.02.

Instead of a vote, managers should discuss who could best use whatever talents GT3 can bring to the table. If 2,3,4…7 want GT3 on their team, throw your name into Nurses hat.

This isn't a competition. There is no prize. I doubt that there will be any more latecomers expressing remorse at missing this collaboration. Isn't the point of this to have some fun and hopefully come up with some cool tunes?

btw dak, that ass pimple thread was just a friendly spoof on LiveMusic. He is always posting some off the wall OT-left field stuff. It was just a joke.

:wave:

I'm glad I read this post StrongBad, I actually made an "Oh JOY" post over in the manager's private forum about acquiring players with pimpled asses! :D:D:D

It was that disgusting picture that Nursers put up that got things going though! Blame it on the Golden Coast Man! ;) He's prolly snoozing right now anyway.

Cereal,

I still have not heard from MixterRader yet, and I just checked his most recent posts to find that his last post was on May 28th. I sent a Private Message to him, but I'm unsure as to whether or not he has had to gig away from Internet access, or if he has lost interest in the project.

I believe he was aware of the cutoff date, so I would assume that he would want to check in to see where he landed. The PM I sent remains unread, so he's not ignoring... probably just detained; but who knows.

It would be nice for a player to check in and let a manager know the specifics so that the manager can make the necessary adjustments.

I'm trying to align team responsibilities and right now, I have no access to one of my players to discuss the talents in more detail.

I'll consider opening my doors to allow GT3 in; it might be cordial of me to discuss it with other team members.

It was that disgusting picture that Nursers put up that got things going though! Blame it on the Golden Coast Man! ;) He's prolly snoozing right now anyway.

Nah I'm here - only 4.20 pm here now.

As for the ass pic. what can I say? I aim to please :)

Originally posted by Anifa:

Cereal,

I still have not heard from MixterRader yet, and I just checked his most recent posts to find that his last post was on May 28th. I sent a Private Message to him, but I'm unsure as to whether or not he has had to gig away from Internet access, or if he has lost interest in the project.

I believe he was aware of the cutoff date, so I would assume that he would want to check in to see where he landed. The PM I sent remains unread, so he's not ignoring... probably just detained; but who knows.

It would be nice for a player to check in and let a manager know the specifics so that the manager can make the necessary adjustments.

I'm trying to align team responsibilities and right now, I have no access to one of my players to discuss the talents in more detail.

I'll consider opening my doors to allow GT3 in; it might be cordial of me to discuss it with other team members.

b_3guy still hasn't heard from 2 of my fellow teammates...

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Originally posted by StrongBad:

Instead of a vote, managers should discuss who could best use whatever talents GT3 can bring to the table. If 2,3,47 want GT3 on their team, throw your name into Nurses hat.

You have a good brain Strongbad, this is exactly what is being discussed in Brakka's private world. Hmm, sounds kinky doesnt it!

Give the players a chance guys. Not everyone can be online every day. This was only the 1st day that the team details were made public. Patience.

Hope something works out for ya GT3, I really do

Archived