Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Managers - Let's find a team for GT

Originally posted by Anifa:

Cereal,

I still have not heard from MixterRader yet, and I just checked his most recent posts to find that his last post was on May 28th. I sent a Private Message to him, but I'm unsure as to whether or not he has had to gig away from Internet access, or if he has lost interest in the project.

I believe he was aware of the cutoff date, so I would assume that he would want to check in to see where he landed. The PM I sent remains unread, so he's not ignoring... probably just detained; but who knows.

It would be nice for a player to check in and let a manager know the specifics so that the manager can make the necessary adjustments.

I'm trying to align team responsibilities and right now, I have no access to one of my players to discuss the talents in more detail.

I'll consider opening my doors to allow GT3 in; it might be cordial of me to discuss it with other team members.

you don't have to apologize to me kiddo. I hope you bag him. You were pretty bitter that I got guit AND royd so this might make ya feel better

:P:thu:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to have you on my team GT3, if the other teams will allow it. It's partly my fault that this happened, so I say come on, to my team, if the other managers don't have a problem with that.

In return they could solicit and add any other MusicPlayer forum member who was interested. What do you guys think about that?

Each team could now add a player of their choice. This might be a good idea, because we're bound to lose some players because of busy schedules, family emergencies, etc.

I'd just like to add this. GT3 was the FIRST person to express interest in being on my team. I asked for people to PM me right after I announced I would be a manager, and he immediately sent me a message, so I think you have to give that consideration.

I dropped the ball, by not PMing him again when the draft started. There are some other people still interested in this event, that we might be able to get involved. Phil O'Keefe for one. He posted a message on another forum, that he was interested but didn't really understand the concept, but someone still might be able to talk him into being on their team.

So.....we could just add this as another aspect of the event. Each team could now solicit and sign up any MusiPlayer musician they think would work well with their team. Just an idea. What do you guys think?

You know where I stand. Phil, GT, JTWW, others?? It's key that teams be prepared to do more songs/break into two units if we bring in more players. I'm know my guys will want to go for two smaller teams instead of 6 people in each song.

What do you say to maybe a 2 day open solicitation drive?

Originally posted by TheWewus:

I'd just like to add this. GT3 was the FIRST person to express interest in being on my team. I asked for people to PM me right after I announced I would be a manager, and he immediately sent me a message, so I think you have to give that consideration.

I dropped the ball, by not PMing him again when the draft started. There are some other people still interested in this event, that we might be able to get involved. Phil O'Keefe for one. He posted a message on another forum, that he was interested but didn't really understand the concept, but someone still might be able to talk him into being on their team.

So.....we could just add this as another aspect of the event. Each team could now solicit and sign up any MusiPlayer musician they think would work well with their team. Just an idea. What do you guys think?

Is this turning into a fight? Are we now going to extend the draft to whoever we want to get into this? Should I get my friend the drummer to join & just to get him on my team? I think GT3 should go to the team that's really needs some talent, if there is one. I'm also missing a player but I would like to see him to go where he's needed.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

B3, I'm not sure if anyone's fighting about this, except a few random non-manager digs that got posted. We should probably not be airing out our laundry in here but look who's talking..I started the thread! GT is certainly no stranger around here and his participation can only add enthusiam to the big picture of what we're trying to get started.

In my case, it's not really a matter of 'needing' a guy like GT. My style allows me to create room for people by pushing the walls out. But I can dig what you're saying.

Does any manager need GT? Shall we take this back over to the draft room?

Have you ever heard of the "Joe Smith Fiasco?" The Minnesota Timberwolves (nba) were talking to this player named Joe Smith about signing with their team, at a time when teams were not supposed to be talking about that. Kevin McHale was the GM in question. The 'Wolves lost draft picks for like three or four years after it- they still can't draft first-rounders.

Not that you broke any rules or anything, but you do remind me of McHale. No, more like Lambier. :D

I think we still need to wait and make sure b_3 has a full team. Give it another day.

Damn, I just reread my OWN comment that I posted over in the private area so that others would not see it.... and that was a brain fart in the worst degree. Sorry Wewus. Sorry anyone else...

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

posted by B_3Guy:

Is this turning into a fight? Are we now going to extend the draft to whoever we want to get into this? Should I get my friend the drummer to join & just to get him on my team? I think GT3 should go to the team that's really needs some talent, if there is one. I'm also missing a player but I would like to see him to go where he's needed
Oh no man, you got me all wrong. If someone really needs GT3, then that's where he should go. I was just thinking out loud. It's kind of my fault that GT3 got left out, which makes me feel bad, so...... I want to make sure he get's on a team somehow, but I did want him to know he's welcome on my team.

Anifa, you just posted a thread from the manager's forum, that none of the players are supposed to read. Would you edit that please!

Done Deal, and my apologies. I posted in haste without rereading the comments I had made. I hope that I didn't offend anyone.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived