Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League Players' Clubhouse

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ani'Fa why were you crawling?

Where were you going? or...

Where were you coming from?

I tried to turn my monitor a little so I could see down your blouse! :eek: I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I'll try to do better. ;):wave:

Put the picture back up, OK? :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Sylver:

I thought it was "dammit".

I thought it was flyscots!

Ummm, that's kinda kreeepy, Sylver! :eek:

And what about the Duh? :rolleyes:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Creepy?

No, not a computer wiz, Fly's staying with me at the moment.

EVERYBODY knows that Fly is staying with you, silly! Do you think you can keep a secret around here? :rolleyes:

I just thought it Kreeepy that you would borrow his coat and hat and impersonate him like you did when you rolled your eyes and let out a great big DOH! in my general direction! :P

Question: If I sign up to be a player, you guys won't make me trim my sideburns and give me a goofy haircut like Clay "American-Idol Wannabe" Aiken, will ya? :freak:

http://origin.idolonfox.com/contestants/clay/images/photo-v-4.jpg

Sorry man, it was scaring the straights.

Sylver, I'm crushed.

The photo that was replaced by Betty Boop was actually one of myself that Super 8 had linked from my web site. I'm not sure why a STRAIGHT MAN would be frightened; not unless he's an overly righteous God freak that takes offense to a woman being photographed in a sultry pose. Or maybe you have entirely different taste than some, which is okay with me.

I know that you signature line has been in tact for quite some time; jokingly referencing the picture on your web site. But, if you have noticed Compact Diss's signature line; it is becoming rather offensive in his personal attacks.

I am going to speak with Nursers about this type of behavior and ask if it should be tolerated. It's one thing to tease each other jokingly, but another to degrade people relentlessly and especially adding viscious insults to ones' signature line. Wherever this guy is or has been posting; his signature will be displayed as such, including over in Craig's forum where no one has any idea what's going on with this.

I attempted good humor by letting the initial "BITCH" thread roll off of my back; but it will get old real quick when it goes beyond a bit of heckling one another.

I'm sorry that you find my photo scary; you can't please everyone, so ya... got to please yourself. ;)

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

LOL, sorry Ani, I didn't know he was talking about a pic of you! I thought he was just riffin'.

File that under Doh!

You're a cutie! (Don't let my wife hear me say that)

I really don't know what to put here.

OK. I've got a drummer-friend who's interested in signing up. And he's very good. We've collaborated on quite a few projects & started with Cakewalk when it was still a PC-DOS application.

I asked him if he would join us & he is tempted. However, he's worried that he will get picked to play hip hop or rap or something that he's not familiar with.

I can't say that I blame him.

Isn't there some way that you managers could get together and give us players an idea of the genre you're thinking about? It might entice additional players - especially those who have not formally signed up because of this very reason.

I realize that you won't know for sure the direction of your project until the players are chosen. However, Wewus has said that he is looking for a Gods of Rock theme. I'm thinking that this is something on the order of hard rock; I dunno. Perhaps he really doesn't know either.

I'm certain there are players here who are most comfortable with R&B, or country music, or electronic music based on loops.

I think that the managers should introduce themselves and give us a better idea of the way they see this project working.

Maybe you have and I just need to go back and read the posts. Because, as I found out in the ANTI-SMOKING LAWS THREAD , I could be mistaken. (Boy, what a mistake it was to dip my toe in THAT pond!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've been kidding around regarding my procrastinating. Now I believe that there are people like me, (newbie...postaholic) as well as lurkers who would formally sign on if you managers would take the time to give us some insight on where YOU plan to take this project with your chosen group.

Thank you,

Gas... In the car!

But, I think part of the learning experience in this is just kinda getting 'thrown' into a situation you may not be entirely comfortable with.

I also think that the managers will adapt themselves to the players more than they would expect the players to adept to themselves.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Gas,

For managers to post their specific interest, it would make prime players in their genre higher targets for other managers.

I "did" post what my interest was early on, and it was immediately brought out that it wasn't the wise thing to do.

I will tell you what my interests "ARE NOT" for this project; they are as follows:

RAP

Heavy Metal

Grunge

Big Band

Orchestra

Symphony

Outside of these styles; I'm wide open for compromise. Depending on the Players I get, I will decide which direction I will go. I can do funky.... bluesy.... rock.... jazzy.... country.... pop..... alternative.... or something entirely new. Not necessarily in that order.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

I think one of the reasons I signed up as a player was because I thought it would be fun to "cast my fate to the wind" sorta. I'll try to add something to any tune thrown at me. And I think that's the whole point of collaberation...at least in this instance.

Certainly some folks collaberate because they enjoy a specific genra of music and want to see what happens when there is someone else of like interest contributing ideas and such.

I kinda understood that this was going to be a pretty much random association of forum members, selected by managers in a more or less lottery fashion. This would ensure that the players would be mixed and not working with their friends and band mates. I mean, that's been done over at the Keyboard Corner. Of course, it'd be nice to have someone in your team that was geographically close and that may happen depending on the luck of the draw, but I envisioned better players working with novices, hip-hoppers working with classicists, hard rockers trying to kick a new ager into high gear. Ha! That'd be where the fun comes from.

Like it'd be cool to find Nollykin teamed up with Dave Bryce or me with Paul McCartney :D or Eminem working with Henry Mancini, stuff like that.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by Anifa:

Gas,

For managers to post their specific interest, it would make prime players in their genre higher targets for other managers.

I "did" post what my interest was early on, and it was immediately brought out that it wasn't the wise thing to do.

I will tell you what my interests "ARE NOT" for this project; they are as follows:

RAP

Heavy Metal

Grunge

Big Band

Orchestra

Symphony

Outside of these styles; I'm wide open for compromise. Depending on the Players I get, I will decide which direction I will go. I can do funky.... bluesy.... rock.... jazzy.... country.... pop..... alternative.... or something entirely new. Not necessarily in that order.

Hi Ani'Fa!

Thank you for your reply.

That's fair. I understand your position & agree.

I'm just trying to be certain that everyone who is thinking of committing to this project feels comfortable. As you realized in a previous post, I was hesitant about signing on. But, I really think this is going to be a worthwile experience for everyone involved.

Ani'Fa, I would like to thank you for your participation in these forums. I realize that I'm a newbie, but I've spent some time getting to know you and the rest of the 'family' here through your posts.

What I really like about the people here is that not only is there a great deal of talent, but most everyone is eager to share their skills with others. Not once was I put off because I posted silly topics or ignorant questions. I really appreciate that.

Oh, there's the occasional Troll. And there are differences of opinion that make for heated debates. And there are also posts where folks stick both feet in their mouth! :eek: Sometimes we (I) forget that it's awfully easy to dish it out, but it can kinda sting when you have to take it. I'm guilty of that. So, I want to apologize if I've made you or Neil (hi Neil :wave: ) or anyone else here uncomfortable. I try hard to read over my posts before I hit the Add Reply button. Thanks for being a sport and trying hard to let things roll off your back.

Like I said, I'm going to sign up to play keys for this project. I think I could do a good job in just about any genre that I'm familiar with. Yes, I'm reluctant to work in hip hop or rap and I have never worked with putting loops together to form a song. But, otherwise, I'm good to go.

Sorry this is a long post, but I think it's relevant. We've covered a lot of ground discussing the possibilities of this project. I missed the Beatles cover project that the Keyboard Corner just finished. However, I was very impressed at what I heard. I'm glad that the folks here have decided to pick up the ball and run with it.

And, as you said to me earlier, this is not a competition, but a learning experience. It's difficult to find local musicians with whom you can collaborate. I think we're lucky to have so much talent right here at our fingertips.

The bottom line is that I support the efforts of this group. Once the players are chosen and we begin our projects, this place will be JUMPIN'!

Thanks everybody! I'm really looking forward to sticking around for this!

Tom - Is There Gas In The Car?

:D

Yeah, I think that's the exciting part ... getting involved with a bunch of musicians at random. We can all PICK the people that we work with, but how many get thrown in to this kind of situation?

It's also the appeal of being a player and not a manager. As a manager, you know what you have in mind, and part of that randomness is taken away.

I really don't know what to put here.

That is exactly why I jumped in so early. I know I can play heavy stuff. I'm looking forward to trying stuff that I wouldn't normally do. or adding my style to a unheard of genre. I may wind up playing country(gasp).I currently run my own band with an iron fist so to speak so the oppurtunity to break out of my normal patterns is great.

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

Originally posted by Addix Metzatricity:

You're dead on in describing my vision of this project as well...

Unfortunately, so is Henry Mancini :cry:

Actually, I totally agree with Wrave too. There was a thread a little over a year ago on the guitar forum, where dturner had posted a blues backing track and folks were having fun playing their solos over the track and posting the results. If I remember correctly, Wrave, Sylver, halljams, and a bunch of other good people participated. That's what drew me to these forums in the first place. I'm really looking forward to this collaboration, regardless of what team I end up in :thu:

Paul

Archived