Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League Managers' Clubhouse

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by daklander:

As to the pick, I suggest, in this vein, to move Flyscots up one pick. That way Sylver can't steal Fly's first pick. The rest would be fair game, even with the flip-flop.

Thanks Dak. IF Sylver was beat into submission and HAD to be a manager, that is a good idea. Sorry, its just living with, working with and following the Fantasy League with Jack has complicated this a little bit. I would feel schitt if my 1st choice was available and he snatched him/her away. I'm sure Jack would too, coz he's a good guy and wouldnt want to do that to me.

Like I said, that's IF he becomes a manager.

So what happens if Bunny steps up? Does he get 5th or 6th? Or do we do another draw? I dont like the idea of another draw, its not fair on Cereal and the others who have high picks.

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Yeah, I think we should look around at least through tomorrow for another manager, or just have bigger teams. If you have one person managing two teams you might get some conflicts of interests , or someone spreading themselves too thin, just don't like the idea.

Spreading thin is an understatement; I'm consumed with what I've been doing thus far. I noticed that Cereal mentioned Soundscapes as a co-manager to help out....

CEREAL!!!! WHAT IS THAT???? BY GOSH, ya get da first pick.. in which we ALL know you'll be snaggin' David Bryce hot off the press.......... and then you wanna make sure dat ya pull Soundscapes outta the line-up and stuff him unda ya wing TOO!!! :evil:

BIG TEAMS, BIG TEAMS, BIG TEAMS!!!! :D

Ya may get FIRST PICK on round 1, but yer in LAST PLACE on round 2..... nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.... You just told everyone who pick number 2 would be Cereal!

In all honesty, if we double teamed... I would need an assistant also. Let's wait to see if we have any last minute managers step up............. Maybe someone can pull Anderton's chain! If we don't have any more managers step up, then let's work with large teams and perhaps opt for 2 songs or more each.

I have 10 slots, myself inclusive, to allow FTP access to my web space for my team members. I plan to exchange files using this process; two teams would put me over the limit of users on my main site and I would have to figure out how to access my new domain; which is entirely different...

And Brakka... I know I'm not gonna get everyone I want on my team; I do have alternates that are very strong contenders though.... ya only get ONE PICK at a time and I get to go before you on round two. Hmmmmffffff!!!! ;)

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

You realize we have 4 teams of 8 and 1 of 9.

Lets ask if any other players feel like jumping over. There's a couple in there who's priority skills lean more towards production & engineering than playing. They would probably make for good managers.

Sylver talking, Scotsman typing:

"I'm leaning towards managing because I HATE the current player to manager ratio."

Originally posted by Anifa:

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Yeah, I think we should look around at least through tomorrow for another manager, or just have bigger teams. If you have one person managing two teams you might get some conflicts of interests , or someone spreading themselves too thin, just don't like the idea.

Spreading thin is an understatement; I'm consumed with what I've been doing thus far. I noticed that Cereal mentioned Soundscapes as a co-manager to help out....

CEREAL!!!! WHAT IS THAT???? BY GOSH, ya get da first pick.. in which we ALL know you'll be snaggin' David Bryce hot off the press.......... and then you wanna make sure dat ya pull Soundscapes outta the line-up and stuff him unda ya wing TOO!!! :evil:

BIG TEAMS, BIG TEAMS, BIG TEAMS!!!! :D

Ya may get FIRST PICK on round 1, but yer in LAST PLACE on round 2..... nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.... You just told everyone who pick number 2 would be Cereal!

In all honesty, if we double teamed... I would need an assistant also. Let's wait to see if we have any last minute managers step up............. Maybe someone can pull Anderton's chain! If we don't have any more managers step up, then let's work with large teams and perhaps opt for 2 songs or more each.

I have 10 slots, myself inclusive, to allow FTP access to my web space for my team members. I plan to exchange files using this process; two teams would put me over the limit of users on my main site and I would have to figure out how to access my new domain; which is entirely different...

And Brakka... I know I'm not gonna get everyone I want on my team; I do have alternates that are very strong contenders though.... ya only get ONE PICK at a time and I get to go before you on round two. Hmmmmffffff!!!! ;)

gosh anifa.....there's no need to get so snippy

:D

gosh anifa.....there's no need to get so snippy

:confused: Who's getting snippy??? I'm just being a woman. ;):D

I'll prolly ask my first or second pick to help out some in the area of co-managing.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Hey- here's another thought I had that hasn't been addressed:

It looks like this draft is going to take a few days- so is it fair for managers to talk to the players that they've drafted before the draft is over? I'm sure it will be irresistable for some managers, especially since they might want to ask their first or even second pick for opinions about the rest of the draft.

But I can't see ALL of the players & managers keeping it under wraps. Someone will (accidentally?) let it slip that they got drafted, and that dosen't fit in with the idea of a "secret draft."

It's clearly not a black & white issue- what do you all think?

I think that we should keep it under the hat until all selections have been made. I have talked one on one to some that I have interest in and some know that I'll they're top priority in my picks; but they have no idea as to how the rounds will go down. I think that it's best for all around not to reveal to any, until all have made their selections.

Managers would know among themselves as to who selected who in which round, but I don't think it should go out to the players until complete.

Have we agreed to pick at convenient times without exceeding a certain time frame; or did we find a time that all could set down at one time???

If we go at will, then I will try to check the boards prior to leaving for work in the morning to see if my draft pick is up yet so that Flyscots may make his two picks. I won't be able to check back again until later in the afternoon for round 2 (around 4:30 CDT)

Originally posted by Cereal:

hello

the boyz don't sound all that thrilled, and neither is Anifa. I don't mind taking the slot, and I can take someone like Soundscape who has engineering abilities to be an assistant mgr. Or, it could be someone else who likes to engineer.

how about it fellow skippers?

yo yo yo

Hey guys, I haven't been following this whole thing much - it's turning out to be a little complicated.

But, I'll be more than willing to help out with my Nuendo rig, but I don't have much time to manage and stuff like that - I just wanna' ROCK already!!!

Oh... oh yeah- we could start the draft tomorrow- Friday! I had kind of been figuring that we'd wait until flyscots got back on Monday or Tuesday before he made his first pick.

But I guess there's no reason why we can't start it tomorrow....

As long as it's okay with... whoever the next manager is.

That would be fine with me Brakka. I posted earlier saying we should coz I could probably squeeze in my 6th & 7th picks. Then I dont pick again until 18th & 19th, leaving you guys plenty of time til be getting on with it while I'm away. Unless we're leaving it another few days for the sake of attracting more managers.

I must say.......WOW!

I hadnt really had much of a chance to focus my attentions on the players' credentials until now. This is so hard! You know what, no matter who we get we're gonna have a schitload of talent on our hands.

Originally posted by flyscots:

That would be fine with me Brakka. I posted earlier saying we should coz I could probably squeeze in my 6th & 7th picks. Then I dont pick again until 18th & 19th, leaving you guys plenty of time til be getting on with it while I'm away....

I bet we could get it done in half a day, but I'm not in a huge rush. Whenever people can stop by. Maybe Cereal can just let us know what time tomorrow he will be making his first pick. As soon as today is over, I'll start the draft thread and make an alphabetical list of all registered players.

You know what, no matter who we get we're gonna have a schitload of talent on our hands.
There's no doubt about that. :thu:

Sorry folks, haven't been on the forum all day - just to throw in my non-managerial 2c worth, i don't think there's any need to re-draw, just fill the slot, or if it isn't replaced things bump up one.

:thu:

Ok, so Bunny signed as a player. That makes 42 players and 5 managers! Those teams are huge!

I propose that Dak and I switch over, because I feel like it's really needed at this point.

I also think that we should make Bunny be a manager because he was 3 minutes late signing up and keep everyone speculating. :D

That leaves the maximum team size at 6, including the manager.

I really don't know what to put here.

OK, looks like everything's good now. With 7 managers & 42 players it's an even 6 member team for each manager. That should work. If I opted in it would make the teams un-even.

Let's run with it the way it is.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Excellent. Thankyou B3 Guy!

Positions. How about B3 takes the #5 slot, I keep the 6th & Sylver takes the 7th?

Is this fair or should someone randomly pick between the 3 of us?

Jack I was thinking last night, its kinda awkward coz we know who each other wants! I dont want you picking before me but I also dont like the idea of you having your 2nd pick before me! You're probably thinking something similar. Oh well, all part of the fun I suppose!

Archived