Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal experience is:

1. The software is brilliant - until you try it, it is difficult to understand how cool it is collaborating with people on the other side of the world.

2. There is a little time involved in getting set up - I think this is where most people don't follow through, and thus not as many users as there should be.

What are your thoughts Jeff? Have you tried it out? Nice to hear from you!

:thu:

Well, I'm coming up on a year with rocket network...

The first four or five months I would collaborate 2 or three times a week.

Then an upgrade happened... more difficulty in navigating, more difficult to cross boundaries of studio centers to find your buddies to play with.

Also public sessions were now deleted quickly so there was little reason to look for what wasn't there...

Also it seems fewer folks are using logic, and since I don't have cubase for my mac, cubasis on the pc doesn't save...

so now I have a renewed instrest to try some tunes with my new upright bass... another upgrade...

this time the upgrade means I can't even install the new rocket control because it needs OS9 or newer. This is a problem for me because the highest I can run on my 604e S900 Supermac is OS8.6!!

I've heard of patches that allow fooling the installer about your chip set/cpu but could use some help.

I sent an email to rocket, but they point to the knowledge base (which I can't get to on the mac, because of some strange login hiccup). I got to the knowledge base on my son's pc and even upgraded rocket successfully.

Anyhow, rant as I may, rocket is a very cool tool!!

If more people used it, they might have some cash to improve some things, like an upgrade path that doesn't exclude a loyal user base.

Cheers!

Dave

no matter where you go, there you are...

http://johnnypistolaband.com

Hiya Dave,

Good to hear from you again! You are absolutely right - the more people use the software the better the support will get. Can't run without income

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I decided to wait to toss a balloon up till I had more material. But I'm working on some proggy stuff in the ballpark of... everything? ELP, Yes, Dream Theater, Synergy? And I need all sorts of assistance because I want real humans playing on this thing, even tho I can do decent bass, passable drums and basic geetar parts. Of course I want guitar parts. I even want someone with excellent keyboard and writing skills. I guess I'll see if anyone nibbles. ;)
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

HOpe it works out for you synthguy - I found I needed to hang out a bit on Rocket Network before I found a bunch of people to work with - gotta be patient

:)

Oh goood grief, that's what I get for posting in the middle of the night! My axe is the synth solely, so I need bass, drums and geetar played by real humanoids. And I'd also like flute, violin, and eventually David Jackson's sax. ;)
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived