Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music Player Live: Jack Bruce, Doug Wimbish, drinks for bassists, & more...

Bill Leigh

Hi everyone,

We're continuing to add cool new stuff to the bass track of Music Player Live, the big exhibtion+workshops weekend at New York's Crowne Plaza October 21-23.

Saturday features workshops with Gerald Veasley, Ron Carter, Dave Ellefson, Doug Wimbish, and Bakithi Kumalo. Sunday's workshops include Berklee prof. Bruce Gertz, Chick Corea bassist Rick Fierabracci, and bass setup with our own Jonathan Herrera. And, at Saturday night's "tribute to Les Paul" concert we'll be presenting Bass Playe Lifetime Achievement Awards to jazz great Ron Carter and Cream's Jack Bruce.

Oh, and our fellow magazines are bringing such non-bassist folks as Vernon Reid, BT, Robben Ford, Lisa Loeb, Arif Mardin, Francis Preve, and many others. Check musicplayerlive.com for the latest schedule.

We hope to meet many of you at our happening bass happy hour on Friday, 3 to 6 , on the Crowne Plaza's 15th floor.

I'm in the "Editor's office" all afternoon today, so let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bill

Bill Leigh, Editor in Chief

BASS PLAYER

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I finally registered. I will be attending only during the day on Sat., Oct. 22. Who else is coming besides Capasso?

I selected EQ for my "early registration" magazine subscription -- at no additional price beyond the ticket price.

I hope to be able to finger a Dingwall again, as well as some of Jon Maghini's M Basses. I also look forward to some serious convention swag -- like last year.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

OK, I finally registered. I will be attending only during the day on Sat., Oct. 22. Who else is coming besides Capasso?

--SW

Well, I also am down for this.

I also also think it sounds like a fun time.

I also also also liked last year's swag. :)

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I realise that it is quite some distance away from the music/publishing Mecca that is NYC, but there are quite a few of us withing a day's driving distance of Seattle. How 'bout throwing us a bone one day? You Noreasters get all the good crap!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by tnb:

Hey! I will be in NYC on the 21st and the 22nd, maybe I will get to FINALLY come to a bass player event.

Must arrange schedule carefully.

Dig it -- you must hook up w/ your NYC-area peeps from the LDL. Must.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Social Critic:

I realise that it is quite some distance away from the music/publishing Mecca that is NYC, but there are quite a few of us withing a day's driving distance of Seattle. How 'bout throwing us a bone one day? You Noreasters get all the good crap!

I think a Seattle area LD meeting may be in order, there seem to be enough of us. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

I think a Seattle area LD meeting may be in order, there seem to be enough of us. Any thoughts?

Indeed...

....and Doug Wimbish just SLAYED at the Bozeman Bass Bash - highlight of the Bash for me.

That diminishes none Mr Muckleroy's and Mr Stockton's contributions, btw.

Just as we take advantage of what is, we should recognize the utility of what is not.

- Lao-tzu

It's what I make - it's what I play

Archived