Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is this really a music forum? (Please accept me. I have a gift for you...)

Hi, This is my first post. Are you guys really musicians? " My cat thinks I'm insane." What the heck is that? You guys're nuts. I LOVE this site!! American idols, huh? I'd rather prefer this. http://www.absoluteidols.com/ It's a gift for you all. Take care of yourself.
Rikia...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, we're all fashion models. When we discuss recording techniques, it's actually a secretly-coded discussion of how to walk in spike heels. Discussions about mic preamps are actually about thong underwear. And when we're discussing software programs, it's actually about hair care & makeup. Neat, huh? [img]http://www.ericweisstein.com/images/meaning-of-life.jpg[/img]

Hey Rikia: Sooo you're an idol worshipper huh? That's cool, there's all kinds of wierdos around here. I can't figure out if it's a bunch of people or just a few people with multiple personality order registering with different names. You're probably Tedster right? So did you just register? Registration appears to be broken from where I'm at. Yes, we are musicians, so if you have any questions fire away before the site goes down. That's a whole nother story.

Yep. It's a music forum. When anything worth talking about happens in the "music world" these guys will be all over it (Lee is "one of the guys", an I mean that in the best possible way). Until that day, what to do? You can't just stop posting!
Rubber Lizard Studio

[quote]Originally posted by Rikia: [b]Hi, American idols, huh? I'd rather prefer this. http://www.absoluteidols.com/ [/b][/quote]Oh golly gee, SPAM. Whaddya know. Japanese girls, yum, yum. All musicians like eating Japanese. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by Franknputer: [b]Actually, we're all fashion models. When we discuss recording techniques, it's actually a secretly-coded discussion of how to walk in spike heels. Discussions about mic preamps are actually about thong underwear. And when we're discussing software programs, it's actually about hair care & makeup. Neat, huh?[/b][/quote]I was NOT prepared for that answer, Frank !!! :D Now let me clean my keyboard since I spilled out my coke...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by Gus Lozada: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Franknputer: [b]Actually, we're all fashion models. When we discuss recording techniques, it's actually a secretly-coded discussion of how to walk in spike heels. Discussions about mic preamps are actually about thong underwear. And when we're discussing software programs, it's actually about hair care & makeup. Neat, huh?[/b][/quote]I was NOT prepared for that answer, Frank !!! :D Now let me clean my keyboard since I spilled out my coke...[/b][/quote]Oh sure, Gus...blame me because your keyboard got sticky :D

Rikia - If you like those posts, check out this one, it's my all time favorite by Jeff, the Tascam Guy, "My cat vomited on my gear" :thu: http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002627#000000

Hi, Glad you guys dig my gift. So.. who's your favorite? :cool: I like Yui Shinada.... Thanks for the link, Jeff. I had so much fun reading the stupid thread. Seems like Cats're quite subjective here. By the way, English's my second language. My English's still not enough. If I sound like bashing you, I won't mean to bash/hurt you. Probably. Thanks for accepting me... Now, I'm going to post something related to music.
Rikia...

I second that. We could shoot a "Full Monty" style dance piece on DV, compose a soundtrack, and do the post-prod for the whole thing in our home studios! It could go in an interpretive direction too, where we strut, preen, and menace each other in combative dances over whether 96K is better and Pro Tools vs the world. The Japanese might go for it, you never know.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived