Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Online collaboration competition

Hi all, As moderator of the Track Exchange forum and admin for the Music Player studio center, I have decided to give away three temporary Pro accounts to the first three people that post here with their registered username (note - not your forum username). To register, go [url=https://prod.rocketnetwork.com/main/index?view=registration&branding=MPL&template=registration/registration.html]here[/url] Then, once you have chosen your username etc, download the rocket control software. Once it is all set up, post your username here and the 7 day pro upgrade is yours. Anyone interested?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey dude, I think I'm number one.... :D low end lover, RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I am ! :D But I already created my account :p Why don't you try to explain all of us HERE a little more about the Rocket Tech?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Actually, rather than recreate the whell, here is the official explanation from the [url=http://www.rocketnetwork.com]Rocket Network Website[/url] . I am more than happy to answer questions about real life applications for musos. Can I also say, at risk of getting into trouble, that musicplayer provides a studio center for utilising this technology, and it could certainly do with some more supporters.... ----------------------------------------------- Rocket Network’s Central Server coordinates a master “arrangement” of audio and MIDI parts that are shared by each user in a session. Users “post” their audio or MIDI tracks to the session through their RocketPower™ audio software. Each “post” updates the master arrangement and then the Central Server distributes the new parts to other session participants. Whenever the user enters a session where there is a project in progress, the most up-to-date arrangement is downloaded directly into their audio application on their local computer. This eliminates the requirement for remote users to email (or snail mail) their tracks to each other, import tracks into their DAW, and convert the files to the required format for their DAW. Rocket Network even allows users to work cross-application and cross-platform. Rocket Network’s chat capabilities enable users to discuss their collaboration in real-time as they work. Rocket Network has developed a custom Application Programmers Interface (API) that is integrated directly into third party audio products. This allows users to access the Rocket Network from within their favorite audio product. Rocket Network's Central Server system uses the API to provide a seamless data bridge between audio products, allowing multiple applications to be used on a single session at the same time.

hiya groovepusher nope you can use either logic plat or cubase, or the free logic and cubase versions they provide for use with rocket. As I said - register a username and I will give you the free upgrade for a week so you can really check the system out :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]The upgrade stuff is handled my end - you will get a message from me Good point about logic vs cubase - what will you be using Gus?[/b][/quote]When I installed the rocket thing I told the program I was gonna use CUBASE. However during the installation process it did not detect CUBASE but LOGIC 4.7 that I have too. Now... How in the world does this work? I installed the rocket thing I downloaded from the web site. I have Logic 4.7. What's next? - BTW, Thanks for the account :thu: -

www.guslozada.com

Well if it works, Gus, maybe you & I can try a little something - I have DP, so I had to go for the Logic Rocket choice. I'd like to see this thing work - I've had hopes that some of my out-of-state friends & I could still record together. This would be ideal, if it works out right.

[quote]Originally posted by GusTraX: [b] [quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]The upgrade stuff is handled my end - you will get a message from me Good point about logic vs cubase - what will you be using Gus?[/b][/quote]When I installed the rocket thing I told the program I was gonna use CUBASE. However during the installation process it did not detect CUBASE but LOGIC 4.7 that I have too. Now... How in the world does this work? I installed the rocket thing I downloaded from the web site. I have Logic 4.7. What's next? - BTW, Thanks for the account :thu: -[/b][/quote]Sorry, David: I finally got into the rocket thing inside of LOGIC 4.7. ... now? :D

www.guslozada.com

Well done to both of you for getting set-up. Basically what you do now is fire up logic, click on the rocket icon, or select 'Rocket Power' from the Rocket Network submenu in Logic - it will then automatically log you in. Once you are in, click on the Sessions button in Rocket Control interface, and a page will appear with all the public sessions you can access - I have created a new session called Gus something (can't remember exactly sorry) - go to that, and create away! Can I suggest you all set a time to meet? Regards David

Sorry, forgot to add - you then just create music by recording tracks in logic - when you are happy with a track, select 'post changes' in Logic and it will update that session so everyone else can hear what you have done. Then the next person can add a track etc - or everyone can be creating tracks simultaneously. It's pretty damn fun :)

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]....keep on boinking..... can't believe I'm giving away freebies and no-one interested.....[/b][/quote]Sheesh! Ya' get busy for a few days and ya' end up getting [b]boinked[/b] RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Hiya RobT was wondering what had happened to you :) [/b][/quote]I am in the midst of closing on a house and work :D has been consuming ALL my other free time. If ya got any room left I'm still interested. Will I have to create an account and all that other jazz? RobT

RobT

I did David, but I prepared my computer to get LOGIC 5.01 and... it seems it does NOT work with Rocket... right? ... going back to 4.7 :mad: I'd love you to create a FIRST track in the project you created for me, then let me add some other stuff... could you?

www.guslozada.com

Hiya Gus, I'm quite embarrassed to admit this but I actually would need to set everything up again for Logic - I use PT on rocket myself. Frank - are you set-up? Maybe you could lay down first track whilst I set up for Logic

I'm kinda halfway set up. :D I was using DP until this came along, so I'm getting used to Logic Rocket. I'm set up account-wise, except for the Pro upgrade - haven't played with it since Thursday. I'll see what I can do later today, though...

Archived